Shoutbox

- Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Thread: (/showthread.php?tid=73364)

by Patchou on 04-06-2007 at 11:40 PM

Hello,

spring is coming and if Messenger Plus! was alive, he would tell you that it can only mean one thing: birthday celebrations! of course, Messenger Plus! is not living breathing thing (or is it?) so it falls to me, its closest parent, to announce the big news to you.

Next month, a new version labelled 4.21 will be released. In addition to the usual batch of improvements and bug fixes, this version will also be the portal to a brand new contest opened to everybody. This time, you won’t need to develop a script or advertise Messenger Plus! on your web site. The contest will be a game luck and everybody will have an equal chance to participate and win one of the many prizes prepared for the occasion, which brings me to the most interesting part: there will be more stuff to win than the combined total of every past contest put together! this means that you can expect a bunch of Xbox 360 Elite, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3, Wide LCD Computer Screens and hundreds of Messenger Plus! marchandize!

More details about this new contest will be posted next month, when Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is ready for worldwide distribution. In the meantime, enjoy some good easter chocolate and prepare yourself for the biggest contest ever organised around MSN Messenger.

Patchou

by prashker on 04-06-2007 at 11:42 PM

Wow :|. Lots of prizes!!!!!!

I'm surprised ;Oooooo.

Well, good to see it's a game of luck :).

by TheGuruSupremacy on 04-06-2007 at 11:44 PM

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

by MattyRid on 04-06-2007 at 11:44 PM

Sounds good to me!

Keep up this momentum (Y)

by MeEtc on 04-06-2007 at 11:48 PM

:shocked: holy crow! lots of winning to be done!!
* MeEtc hopes for some winnings!

by L. Coyote on 04-06-2007 at 11:49 PM

Yay! Prizes! I love prizes. :P

* L. Coyote wonders about the "game of luck".

by Mike on 04-06-2007 at 11:50 PM

Cool :)

Where the heck do you find all the money Patchou? :O
Does the sponsor pay that much? (I know that you are not allowed to tell, but it seems that it's way too much for a sponsor... :P)

by NanaFreak on 04-06-2007 at 11:50 PM

:drool:

=D i cant wait

(also what age is Plus!???)

by scott2010_h on 04-06-2007 at 11:51 PM

* scott2010_h wants to win

Cool prizes

by albert on 04-06-2007 at 11:52 PM

:O where do I sign up?!

Happy birthday to Messenger Plus! :)

by Kenji on 04-06-2007 at 11:54 PM

holy  :drool:

* Kenji wants to win something, hopefully a monitor as his one has a massive dent in the middle and the other one has crappy colour :sad:

by Voldemort on 04-06-2007 at 11:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
hundreds of Messenger Plus! marchandize!

omg omg omg!!!

I believe it's merchandise.... dictionary.com seems to agree oh and FF too :P:P

edit:
zomg
* Voldemort forgot to run like fuck!
by marissa on 04-06-2007 at 11:57 PM

i hope i win i hope i win i hope i win i hope i win
and happy early birthday yaya.

by Thor on 04-06-2007 at 11:58 PM

This is awesome! :D
(Y) (Y) (Y)

I just can't wait!

by Knucks on 04-07-2007 at 12:01 AM

Wow, top notch ;) Cannot wait to see what the competition is.. I hope I can actually win something this time. :P

by Rolando on 04-07-2007 at 12:02 AM

I.... must... win. :D

I don't need the monitor, ps3, xbox.. I already got all I need.

I want the Wii. I'll have the Wii. WORLD DOMINATION!!!!11111

:p

I'll try to win the wii, but if that doesn't happen, I won't die, and the world wont end, but I'll be sad.

by Voldemort on 04-07-2007 at 12:11 AM

* Voldemort pokes patchou
!!!!!!!!!

by Chrono on 04-07-2007 at 12:14 AM

wow :O

by Patchou on 04-07-2007 at 12:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Where the heck do you find all the money Patchou? :O
Does the sponsor pay that much? (I know that you are not allowed to tell, but it seems that it's way too much for a sponsor... :P)

You can thank Circle Dev, they are helping me for the prizes distributed in the contest.
by prashker on 04-07-2007 at 12:29 AM

Thanks Circle Dev :cheesy:

Patchou: TReKiE says I am corrupting you, is this true ;O?

by NiteMare on 04-07-2007 at 12:31 AM

:O, no skill or work required for the contest, YAY, i have a shot!!

by Supersonicdarky on 04-07-2007 at 12:50 AM

big screen, i want!

[Image: drool.gif]

(l) you patchy ;>

by Lou on 04-07-2007 at 01:40 AM

quote:
Xbox 360 Elite, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3, Wide LCD Computer Screens and hundreds of Messenger Plus! marchandize!
HOOOOT! I can't wait!

Edit: I think we deserve another song(a)
by Voldemort on 04-07-2007 at 01:57 AM

patchou needs to pay attention and read mexican's posts pft! :P hahah

by matty on 04-07-2007 at 03:00 AM

I call an XBox 360..

* matty needs one for Halo 3!

by Rolando on 04-07-2007 at 03:03 AM

I really do hope I win the Wii. (a)

by Eddie on 04-07-2007 at 03:20 AM

I (L) the look of those prizes, happy birthday messenger plus and congrats Patchou :)

by Felu on 04-07-2007 at 03:24 AM

I want to win a Wii :drool:

by NanaFreak on 04-07-2007 at 03:28 AM

* NanaFreak calls the PS3....

RE: Preparing for Messenger Plus!’s next anniversary by rav0 on 04-07-2007 at 03:37 AM

Oh noes! So many prizes, I want them all. Maybe if I scored a PS3, I could buy GTA4 *drools*. Everything looks like garbage on our new TV though.

Psst ... if you haven't heard; "merchandise" ;).

by Voldemort on 04-07-2007 at 03:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
Psst ... if you haven't heard; "merchandise"
He has, patchou just hate us mexicans :P
by Bionic on 04-07-2007 at 03:46 AM

Cool. (H)

RE: RE: Preparing for Messenger Plus!’s next anniversary by Patchou on 04-07-2007 at 05:02 AM

quote:
Psst ... if you haven't heard; "merchandise" ;).

Once again, I'm using American spelling. I used UK spelling before and people complained, now I do the opposite and you complain again. I'll really have to think about doing UK/US versions of my posts :p.
by L. Coyote on 04-07-2007 at 05:06 AM

Don't listen to that dodgy Mexican Voldemort, he's too into Harry Potter and his vocabulary has been British'ed. :chrongue:

by John Anderton on 04-07-2007 at 05:32 AM

Wheeeeeeeeee competition time :D

by Discrate on 04-07-2007 at 05:54 AM

YAY! GO PATCHOU! I want all the prizes lol, but most of all, the xbox 360 elite! :)

by Weyzza on 04-07-2007 at 06:17 AM

quote:
This time, you won’t need to develop a script or advertise Messenger Plus! on your web site. The contest will be a game luck and everybody will have an equal chance to participate and win...
I'm not sure whether I should be happy or sad.
I have never won anything with my luck.

Let me say it this way, if the chance to win one of the prizes was 5/6, I'd be the 1/6 :sad:
by NiteMare on 04-07-2007 at 06:25 AM

quote:
Once again, I'm using American spelling. I used UK spelling before and people complained, now I do the opposite and you complain again. I'll really have to think about doing UK/US versions of my posts :p.
make your own "Patchou" version :P
RE: Preparing for Messenger Plus!’s next anniversary by rav0 on 04-07-2007 at 06:49 AM

You can make "merchandise" look more American by spelling it with a "z" ie "merchandize". This spelling is sometimes used (incorrectly) in the USA as the difference is confused by people at it is similar to the difference between scrutinize (USA) and scrutinise (everywhere else [Image: australia.gif]), but it shouldn't be.

The post says "marchandize" though, a spelling I've never seen before, so maybe you already have made a Patchou version withour knowing it.

Correctly it would be "merchandise", and looking-American incorrectly, it would be "merchandize". Maybe the whole word could be replaced with the word "stuff", or even a French word.

PS I just noticed now, you can't have "hundreds of merchandise" or "hundreds of stuff", you should have "lots/plenty/heaps of" not "hundreds/thousands/millions of". You could have "hundreds of items of Messenger Plus merchandise" if you wanted. It's something to do with qualitative and quantative description that I don't know the terminology to explain, but it's the same case when deciding whether to use the word "much" (eg "How much merchandise?") or the word "many" (eg "How many items (of merchandise)?").

PPS there's some wierd apostrophe-looking dash instead of an apostrophe in the thread title, you can see how my post title doesn't (a proper apostrophe there) show it, it show's the entity instead.

by ryxdp on 04-07-2007 at 06:52 AM

I've always wanted a monitor...it's always been this cardboard box for me...

code:
If Patchou.SetSomething(Competition, Luck) Then
Me.Rig(Competition, Luck)
End If

EDIT: :P
by rix on 04-07-2007 at 07:17 AM

It's actually very amazing how Patchou makes an effort to make people happy. And to be true, he really kicks ass!

Anyway, have a good Easter!

by RebelSean on 04-07-2007 at 07:26 AM

Sounds great Cyril, can't wait to see what you have instore for us :happy:! I'm sure the next release will rock :D.

by x2zen on 04-07-2007 at 07:39 AM

Looking forward to the contest :D:D:D and version 4.21 :P

by John Anderton on 04-07-2007 at 07:42 AM

quote:
You can make "merchandise" look more American by spelling it with a "z" ie "merchandize". This spelling is sometimes used (incorrectly) in the USA as the difference is confused by people at it is similar to the difference between scrutinize (USA) and scrutinise (everywhere else ), but it shouldn't be.
Tbh that post is way worse than the grammar police. Not even shawnz is that picky about US/UK versions. He knows the two versions and hence doesn't bitch about it. Thank god :P
* John Anderton runs
by Choli on 04-07-2007 at 07:48 AM

well done, patchou!! :banana:

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
(also what age is Plus!???)
it's 6 years old: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/history.php
by Eljay on 04-07-2007 at 07:48 AM

Congratulations Juzzi in advance of you winning this contest. :P 8-)

by Choli on 04-07-2007 at 07:55 AM

btw, Patchy, prepare some stats of Plus for the next version (you know: # users per language, dayly downloads, etc... ;))

by vaccination on 04-07-2007 at 08:39 AM

:---o

so..many..prizes!

* vaccination hopes he can win something, even if it's just merchandise :P

can't wait for contest and 4.21, nice one patch (Y) ;p

RE: RE: Preparing for Messenger Plus!’s next anniversary by Patchou on 04-07-2007 at 08:48 AM

quote:
You can make "merchandise" look more American by spelling it with a "z" ie "merchandize". This spelling is sometimes used (incorrectly) in the USA as the difference is confused by people at it is similar to the difference between scrutinize (USA) and scrutinise

well, I won't pretend to be a reference in grammar, but as long as Word does not underline a word in red, I consider it to be correct :)

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
Congratulations Juzzi in advance of you winning this contest.

:lol:
by Sunshine on 04-07-2007 at 08:53 AM

All i want to say is.....

Happy Anniversary Plus!

[Image: sunnynana.gif]

by RaPLeX on 04-07-2007 at 09:20 AM

I wish to see Turkish on next version

by Matti on 04-07-2007 at 09:26 AM

It's a lazy man competition! :cheesy:
* Matti prepares. :)

Go go Patchou! (y)

by user35870 on 04-07-2007 at 09:53 AM

Sounds Great!

by EBFL on 04-07-2007 at 09:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheGuruSupremacy
quote:
Originally posted by TheGuruSupremacy
<3 u Patchou
by duck! on 04-07-2007 at 09:57 AM

Messenger plus is a male? O.o
Loads of things to be won :O
Cant wait :P

RE: Preparing for Messenger Plus!&#8217;s next anniversary by Rik on 04-07-2007 at 10:42 AM

Sweet! :D
Can't wait for the contest!
You rock Patchou :P

by absorbation on 04-07-2007 at 11:11 AM

A game of luck, yes, Juzzi may not win this time :P

by Messenger Plus! on 04-07-2007 at 12:22 PM

quote:
spring is coming and if Messenger Plus! was alive, he would tell you that it can only mean one thing: birthday celebrations! of course, Messenger Plus! is not living breathing thing (or is it?) so it falls to me, its closest parent, to announce the big news to you.

Excuse me good sir, I must beg to differ! I am alive and well and how dare you take credit for my work!

quote:
Originally posted by duck!
Messenger plus is a male?
Clearly I am a female!

I can only see this turning into a power struggle!
by Kenji on 04-07-2007 at 12:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Messenger Plus!
quote:

Excuse me good sir, I must beg to differ! I am alive and well and how dare you take credit for my work!

quote:
Clearly I am a female!

O__O
by Nathan on 04-07-2007 at 12:27 PM

:rofl:
this is awesome :D
* Nathan has the xbox 360 but wants the elite and i wouldnt say no to the LCD's :D

<3

by NanaFreak on 04-07-2007 at 12:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmo
quote:
Originally posted by Messenger Plus!
quote:

quote:
Clearly I am a female!

O__O
lol dazmo
by foaly on 04-07-2007 at 12:31 PM

:)
* foaly can't wait....
and I know I'm too impatient...

by rix on 04-07-2007 at 12:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
btw, Patchy, prepare some stats of Plus for the next version (you know: # users per language, dayly downloads, etc... ;))

And yes, i sooooo totally agree with Choli. Stats needed!
by Voldemort on 04-07-2007 at 01:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by L. Coyote
Don't listen to that dodgy Mexican Voldemort, he's too into Harry Potter and his vocabulary has been British'ed.
nah. I speak mexican.... oh and i forgot, HBD PATCHOU!!!

* Voldemort takes out his no leaf luck clover
by Menthix on 04-07-2007 at 04:28 PM

Nice! I want a Wiiiii :p

And yes... STATS!
total users / users per language / website visitors per language / downloads per day / people still on 3.xx

by Baggins on 04-07-2007 at 05:56 PM

Wow!

Sounds great Patchou.:D

Great prizies too.(Y)

by Patchou on 04-07-2007 at 06:01 PM

Sure thing, you'll have the stats.

As for Messenger Plus!'s gender. Of course she's a girl, but I thought that calling her a "she" in my news post may make me look a little too much like a freak.

I explained that to her and she understands completely, no hard feelings.

by Rolando on 04-07-2007 at 07:12 PM

quote:

As for Messenger Plus!'s gender. Of course she's a girl, but I thought that calling her a "she" in my news post may make me look a little too much like a freak.

by vaccination on 04-07-2007 at 07:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by q25
quote:

x2

Also Patchy, my dear,  If say there's any of those prizes going spare, I'm always open to giving them a good home with plenty of love 8-)
RE: RE: RE: Preparing for Messenger Plus!&#8217;s next anniversary by rav0 on 04-07-2007 at 11:21 PM

quote:
quote:
You can make "merchandise" look more American by spelling it with a "z" ie "merchandize". This spelling is sometimes used (incorrectly) in the USA as the difference is confused by people at it is similar to the difference between scrutinize (USA) and scrutinise

well, I won't pretend to be a reference in grammar, but as long as Word does not underline a word in red, I consider it to be correct :)
Okie-doke. It's hurting nobody :).
by prashker on 04-08-2007 at 12:02 AM

quote:
well, I won't pretend to be a reference in grammar, but as long as Word does not underline a word in red, I consider it to be correct

HAH My theory was right!

I was talking to TReKiE a while back about how you create your posts, and I said you don't do it directly in the post box. You do it in Word first, and I was right :banana:

:cheesy:

THE THEORY IS TRUTHZ
by Patchou on 04-08-2007 at 12:09 AM

I'm sorry but no, you thoery is wrong. I type my posts directly in the web pages. However, when this is something important (like a news post on msgpluslive.net), I copy past the text in Word to see if anything is wrong with it.

by Nathan on 04-08-2007 at 12:09 AM

Lol.
Get firefox with the spellchecker.
It's a bit buggy but it works fine in general

by gif83 on 04-08-2007 at 12:29 AM

i never win any prizes :(

i think it's the world's way of saying "you don't deserve jack you lazy bum"...

..but can't i just win something without being bothered?

it's only fair.. surely......

this may be my chance....

so all you people out there... will me to win...  i'm just too lazy to do it myself.

as far as patchou's english goes.. there's bad english  and then there's patchou's english.. which i wouldn't call bad so much as quirky.

by deAd on 04-08-2007 at 01:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
Lol.
Get firefox with the spellchecker.
It's a bit buggy but it works fine in general

firefox isn't buggy at all for me :P

the contest looks nice :refuck:
by Rolando on 04-08-2007 at 02:01 AM

yeah patch, get firefox :P

Sam: Your thoery was wrong, but your theory was right.

quote:
I'm sorry but no, you thoery is wrong. I type my posts directly in the web pages. However, when this is something important (like a news post on msgpluslive.net), I copy past the text in Word to see if anything is wrong with it.

by Patchou on 04-08-2007 at 02:14 AM

no thank you, I'll stick with a browser that can read every page I go to and that does not annoy me everytime something is embedded in them (like a video).

by Eddie on 04-08-2007 at 03:14 AM

quote:
no thank you, I'll stick with a browser that can read every page I go to and that does not annoy me everytime something is embedded in them (like a video).
lol guess it can be like that sometimes eh :\
by haydos on 04-08-2007 at 07:52 AM

Well done on the almost 6 years!

And seeing as I have more luck than scripting expertise I'm quite pleased!

RE: RE: Preparing for Messenger Plus!&#8217;s next anniversary by rav0 on 04-08-2007 at 08:14 AM

quote:

Mind telling which browser that is?
by Jesus on 04-08-2007 at 08:18 AM

lol happy B-day in advance msgplus(live) ;)

I'm looking forward to the contest, too.

by markee on 04-08-2007 at 08:26 AM

quote:
And that's why I have the IE-tab add-in :cheesy:

Anyway, it is nice to hear that the next version is not far away.  I hope the competition is a colour by numbers, I can do that :grin:.

* markee has promised to give Nanafreak the wii if he wins it, but anything else is markee's
by Goshi on 04-08-2007 at 09:05 AM

Happy birthday Msgplus :D. I want the wii...or the Ps3....or the xbox :P

by aNILEator on 04-08-2007 at 09:46 AM

O.M.F.G

or as patchou would say....

/sound #13EA8A1CC622

by Panachiba on 04-08-2007 at 05:16 PM

I need learn english :(

Wow next anniversary!! ...cool :O :O...well ...The people here is more exciting for win something and not to the msgplus! anniversary :lol:

by Rolando on 04-08-2007 at 05:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Panachiba
I need learn english :(

Wow next anniversary!! ...cool :O :O...well ...The people here is more exciting for win something and not to the msgplus! anniversary :lol:

well duh :p
by Phillip on 04-08-2007 at 07:21 PM

Cant wait :grin:

RE: Preparing for Messenger Plus!&#8217;s next anniversary by Oxy on 04-08-2007 at 07:29 PM

* Oxy wants the computer screens.. or a wii

should be good, i'm waiting!

by vikke on 04-08-2007 at 07:30 PM

Someone told me I will win, and it's not just a rumor. :)

vikke

by ~INVASION~ on 04-08-2007 at 10:44 PM

UMMMMMM, thats so awesome, patchou you rule man:D    a saint in todays technology world :P

and for that browser, if you dont want to get embeded video bugging you or flash showing up, just extension pimp your firefox, works like a charm

by MX-G on 04-08-2007 at 11:04 PM

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!, Play Station 3 =D, I want one, I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :>

by Ptoye on 04-09-2007 at 05:01 PM

i want the comuter screens :P

happy birthday msg plus!

can't wait for more info :p

by RaPLeX on 04-09-2007 at 06:12 PM

happi b day msg plus,i cant decide what i want :D

by andrewdodd13 on 04-09-2007 at 06:59 PM

Dunno bout you lot, but I'd rather have MP!L 4.21 more than anything else there. :D

Happy birthday to her :). (I've decided MP!L is a girl... it wasn't nice to keep calling her an "it").

by Rolando on 04-09-2007 at 10:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
Dunno bout you lot, but I'd rather have MP!L 4.21 more than anything else there. :D

Happy birthday to her :). (I've decided MP!L is a girl... it wasn't nice to keep calling her an "it").

and who exactly are you to decide? :P
by Choli on 04-09-2007 at 11:06 PM

:blah!: Patchou has already decided and he chose she to be a girl: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=73...d=806003#pid806003

by wolfeboy100 on 04-10-2007 at 04:51 AM

me want to win, so hmmm

by andrewdodd13 on 04-10-2007 at 08:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
:blah!: Patchou has already decided and he chose she to be a girl: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=73...d=806003#pid806003

Great :D. That means we think along the same lines. :p

Except I'm a bit more of a freak. :o)
by user27089 on 04-11-2007 at 09:08 AM

Sounds amazing, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on any of that, I've never won anything from Messenger Plus! contests, so here's my chance :p.

by J-Thread on 04-11-2007 at 07:36 PM

Ahh I hate luck contests, then I can't use my skills:(

Congrat's to Plus!:D

by Keikonium on 04-13-2007 at 04:24 AM

Awesome stuff! Don't much care for the xbox, and I'd only want the wii for Zelda. But that PS3, and flat screen sound pretty damn gooood. Especially the flat screen, I could use a new monitor... mine is horrible :(. Plus, if I won, sending to a fellow Canadian would save you shipping ;) lol.

I can't wait until 4.21 and the contest :]. I hope I win!
And happy birthday Messenger Plus!

by Lauren1984 on 04-13-2007 at 10:44 AM

Wow. Wonderful competition. Good to see that those who can't create add ons and such, still get the chance to be in the running.
Can't wait for the new version. Good work.

by Nagamasa on 04-14-2007 at 08:34 PM

Now I get to participate :P

I actually want the Plus! T-Shirt more than the Xbox...

and happy birthday to Messenger Plus! [Live].

by Baggins on 04-14-2007 at 11:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wikipedia Boy
Now I get to participate
:s
Anyways Patchou, when can we enter or whatever?
by Rolando on 04-15-2007 at 12:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Baggins
quote:
Originally posted by Wikipedia Boy
Now I get to participate
:s
Anyways Patchou, when can we enter or whatever?

when the new version is released ;)
by Lourix on 04-17-2007 at 04:45 PM

I can't wait wonder what everyone will have to do?
Also what will the new version bring I wonder?

by Baggins on 04-20-2007 at 07:59 PM

Thanks q25, I must have missed that:)

by Andylongi on 05-12-2007 at 10:55 PM

I cant wait for the new Release hope it will be out soon!