Shoutbox

Freezing problem with Messenger Plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Freezing problem with Messenger Plus (/showthread.php?tid=73370)

Freezing problem with Messenger Plus by KEvinGupta on 04-07-2007 at 06:46 AM

Hello, WHenever I install Messenger Plus I have an freezing problem with my computer. My computer gets really slow after I installing Messenger + or any of its scripts.

Is there any way to prevent this problem ?

Please help me with that. I would love to use Messenger Plus with no problems.

Thank you
(I'm not sure if it is an repost, I'm sorry if it is)

RE: Freezing problem with Messenger Plus by MattyRid on 04-07-2007 at 06:49 AM

mind posting your computer specifications...such as

Operating System
RAM
CPU
Patches and add-ons installed relating to messenger
scripts included (if messenger plus! installed)

RE: Freezing problem with Messenger Plus by KEvinGupta on 04-07-2007 at 01:35 PM

No patches installed.

Operating system = XP Pro.
Intel Processor
512 RAM ( I even tried 1 GB Ram )

After installing messenger + I installed couple of scripts like stats center, countdown, hopper live.

But even without any scripts installed the computer freezes thats if I leave the messenger + installed alone on WLM.

After me uninstalling the messenger + the computer works superbly.

RE: Freezing problem with Messenger Plus by MattyRid on 04-09-2007 at 02:33 AM

try a completely clean install of messenger and follow these instructions.

RE: Freezing problem with Messenger Plus by KEvinGupta on 04-09-2007 at 11:27 AM

any more ideas ? Seems like lot of people had problem after following those instructions :(

RE: Freezing problem with Messenger Plus by MattyRid on 04-09-2007 at 11:29 AM

problems? seems to solved it over 95% of the time...are you sure you followed it properly? otherwise try it without plus! for a while and if it still happens report it to Microsoft.

RE: Freezing problem with Messenger Plus by KEvinGupta on 04-10-2007 at 12:06 AM

Because I have even formatted my computer twice or so and the problem still occured so yea. I cant use any scripts without msengr plus can I ?

I dont think so though.  MY WLM is working really good without any issues its just msgpls which doesnt work properly.

RE: Freezing problem with Messenger Plus by MattyRid on 04-10-2007 at 12:12 AM

Yep...and if you have formatted twice, sounds like it's Windows Live Messenger causing the problem, hence why I have said to try for a few days without messenger plus!, because just using it for 5 mins and saying it doesn't do the same thing, quite frankly  isn't really good because you haven't even played around with it for a while to be absolutely 600% sure.

If say after 5 days the same thing still happens, then we'll see what other paths we can take.