Shoutbox

[Request] Font Sizes. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Font Sizes. (/showthread.php?tid=73434)

[Request] Font Sizes. by caRdconfetti on 04-08-2007 at 04:48 PM

hi,
im not sure if scripts can do this, but

i was wondering if there could be a command that changes the fontsize of your typing, up or down one/two sizes.
eg: 'im going on holiday!!!'

like how, with plus,  you can bold just one word/letter in your sentence. this would change the size of your writing on one word/letter/number. it would be like caps, but not.

but im not sure if it would work.. cause if i change the fontsize of my writing in the chat window, it doesnt get bigger for you. only me.

i was wondering this, because i find myself always hitting caps, then typing numbers only to remember it doesnt change anything.

anyway, thanks. :)

Ashley.

RE: [Request] Font Sizes. by Oxy on 04-09-2007 at 10:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by caRdconfetti
i was wondering if there could be a command that changes the fontsize of your typing, up or down one/two sizes.
eg: 'im going on holiday!!!'

I don't think this is possible, due to the way WLM changes font size or whatever.. :tongue:
RE: [Request] Font Sizes. by vikke on 04-09-2007 at 11:03 AM

Scripts cannot do this.
But plugins can, nothing is impossible, though I think Patchou is the one who can add this, since he got his RichEdit hooks. Those are responsible for colours, bold, etc.

vikke

RE: [Request] Font Sizes. by caRdconfetti on 04-12-2007 at 12:46 PM

but on the main forum page it says

'(In Messenger Plus! Live, Scripts replace Plug-ins).'

but i guess that doesnt change the fact that Patchou is the only one who could do this :)

someone on his good side mention it to him >.>

RE: [Request] Font Sizes. by markee on 04-12-2007 at 12:57 PM

I think a main reason behind not implementing a feature like this is the ease of exploitation.  I just need to point in the direction of the unlimitted nudge script/s or patches for you to understand where I am coming from.  I highly doubt we will even see such a feature without serious restrictions put upon it, its not really that needed anyway with the other text formatting options provided by Plus! and hence it is not a high priority of Patchou's compared to some other features.  I'm sorry for the bad news.... maybe one day you will have this feature, but no promises.