Shoutbox

My Messenger is talking to me =[ - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: My Messenger is talking to me =[ (/showthread.php?tid=73465)

My Messenger is talking to me =[ by losjabones on 04-09-2007 at 04:55 PM

Hello can anybody help me???? Ummm I recently downloaded messenger live plus, and then all of a sudden I hear my computwer talking to me. Well it was in fact my messenger program, notifying me of all my contacts when they sing in and when they change their nickname. Not only that, but when this occurs my computer freezes and is really annoying and pissing me off. I already tried everything , I tried to  hange my sound options, my announcements, and it won't stop. So can somebody from here please help me resolved this problem...beacuse right now is driving me insane! thank you for your time.

~losjabones~

RE: My Messenger is talking to me =[ by Ashylay on 04-09-2007 at 04:56 PM

1) the whole conspet of MSGPlus talking to you has baffled me.

2) Reinstall?

Alls I can think of is a script that could be using Microsoft Sam or whoever you use on your PC to speak to you. I think I can recall finding a script like this a while back. Check your script prefernces and disable all scripts.

RE: My Messenger is talking to me =[ by losjabones on 04-09-2007 at 05:01 PM

Thanks Ashylay! I'm gong to try that right now to see what happens....thanks your help!

RE: My Messenger is talking to me =[ by Eljay on 04-09-2007 at 05:08 PM

You most likely have installed the +Speech script, which provides voice notification of events like contacts signing in/out or status changes.
You can check if it is installed, as well as remove it by going to Plus! > Preferences > General (tab) > Scripts (side tab).
Check if "+Speech" is in the list of scripts, if it is then you can remove it by clicking the "Remove" button on the right hand side.

If it isn't there, list which scripts you do have installed, if any, so we can try and find which one is speaking to you ;)

RE: My Messenger is talking to me =[ by Jesus on 04-09-2007 at 05:09 PM

UNeed (which comes with MP!L 4.20) has a speech option, which can be disabled through the scripts menu>UNeed Script>UNeed Configuration
the speech configuration is in the bottom-left

though IIRC, it's disabled by default...

RE: My Messenger is talking to me =[ by Ashylay on 04-09-2007 at 05:10 PM

^^ Thats the one +Speech :)

RE: My Messenger is talking to me =[ by Rolando on 04-09-2007 at 10:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ashylay
^^ Thats the one +Speech :)

Just go to preferences, scripts, "stop"
RE: My Messenger is talking to me =[ by CookieRevised on 04-09-2007 at 11:22 PM

Note that +Speech does not come with Messenger Plus! by default. You need to explicitly install the script.

Same goes for the UNeed script which is included in the last Plus! version, but it is not activate by default; you need to explicitly activate it.

So, in normal circumstances, installing Plus! will not let Messenger speek to you out of the blue. That is not possible...

When you download programs, always download them from the official source and never from 3rd party websites as you will never know what is included with them (something harfull may be included).

For Messenger Plus! the official source is http://www.msgpluslive.net/ or http://www.msgplus.net/

RE: My Messenger is talking to me =[ by losjabones on 04-10-2007 at 12:34 AM

oohh you guys are sooo cute...thank you all very much for all the tips....I already fixed the problem! I'm sooo happy about that! Gracias!