Shoutbox

[Request] Webcam Command - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Webcam Command (/showthread.php?tid=73491)

[Request] Webcam Command by Kinzzz on 04-10-2007 at 07:52 PM

Can someone make a script that makes it possible when someone comes online, it automaticly sends out a request to start "my" webcam(so not a videochat, but only webcam). But it must be possible to select the people who recive this invitation.*-)

And if that is to hard or not possible;

A command that can be typed in a messengerwindow that activates the webcam. Just like /Webcam activates Videochat, but then someting like /Cam to send out a request to start "my" webcam.

I really hope someone can help me!:D

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by Ashylay on 04-12-2007 at 10:39 AM

I dont know wether this is possible because I dont know wether there is a command in Messenger Scripts to just send your webcam. Ill have a look see if there is something like Messenger.ViewCam

Anyay just click your cam icon?

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by Matti on 04-12-2007 at 07:00 PM

Unfortunately, this is not possible with Plus! Scripts. Instead if someone discovers a secret message which can be sent to a chat window to activate a webcam chat, this can't be done. And also, it would be a huge risk if third party programs could take control of your webcam. :O

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by felipEx on 04-12-2007 at 07:48 PM

you can try with MSN Webcam Recorder  :D

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by Eljay on 04-12-2007 at 08:13 PM

It is possible to send your own webcam by sending a certain window message to the chat window.

I'm too lazy to make the whole script myself so for anyone willing to make it, something like this:

code:
Interop.Call("user32", "SendMessageW", ChatWnd.Handle, 0x0111 /* WM_COMMAND */, 40279, 0);

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by Matti on 04-15-2007 at 09:59 AM

How do you find out those commands, Eljay? :O It actually works!

Now, if someone wants to develop a script based on that line of code, please go on! :)

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by win_crook on 04-15-2007 at 03:36 PM

I'll do it! :D I'm going to be quite busy for the next couple of days though so I'll just make a small one that starts the webcam when the command is typed... I will make the contact selector one when I have a bit more time.

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by Kinzzz on 04-15-2007 at 03:46 PM

Thanks!! :D

You guys are really helping me out :D

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by win_crook on 04-15-2007 at 04:07 PM

Alright... install this script and to start your webcam simply use the command /Cam

I'll work on the other features you requested over maybe this next week I don't know how busy I'm going to be, so don't expect anything. So for now here is just a basic one to get you going. You can claim all ownership and rights or whatever to this script since it was your idea :D.

--EDIT--

Haha, what an idiot I am... forgot to upload the script :$

RE: RE: [Request] Webcam Command by deAd on 04-15-2007 at 04:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
How do you find out those commands, Eljay? :O It actually works!
Resource hacker. Find the menu resource and then put the specific menu item's ID in the message. :)
RE: [Request] Webcam Command by Kinzzz on 04-15-2007 at 04:18 PM

Thanks win_crook!!! :D and ofcourse everybody who helped finding the codes needed :D you guys are the best :P

And take all the time you need win_crook ;) you did a great job so far!! :D

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by win_crook on 04-15-2007 at 04:21 PM

Right... I just need to make this clear, you want a list of contacts which can be either enabled or disabled. The ones that are enabled get sent an invitation to view your webcam as soon as they sign in. Is this what you want?

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by Kinzzz on 04-15-2007 at 04:25 PM

yes ;) that is what i had in mind...is that possible? 8-)

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by win_crook on 04-15-2007 at 04:27 PM

I'm nowhere near as experienced as some of the script developers on here, but I certainly think so... I'll keep you updated with results over the next couple of days.

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by Kinzzz on 04-15-2007 at 04:28 PM

ok! ;) thanks! :D

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by win_crook on 04-15-2007 at 04:36 PM

Right... after doing some research the best way that I can see this being done is to make a group of contacts (e.g Webcam Contacts) and put all the contacts that you want to automatically send webcam requests into that group.

It makes it easier for me as the script developer to pick out the contacts that need the request sending to.

So do you think that you wouldn't mind sorting your contacts that way? If not, I'm going to have to find another probably harder way of selecting the contacts.

Regards,
David

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by Kinzzz on 04-15-2007 at 04:38 PM

No that's ok! ;) It makes it easier to see who automatically recieve the invitation and easier to add or remove people too :D

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by Matti on 04-15-2007 at 05:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deAd
Resource hacker. Find the menu resource and then put the specific menu item's ID in the message. :)
Is it really THAT easy?! :O I have to note that. :P
RE: [Request] Webcam Command by win_crook on 04-15-2007 at 07:39 PM

Okay... I've hacked this together very quickly and haven't tested it at all really because I don't want to upset my contacts with webcam requests.

So I'll leave it up to you to test it. If there's any problems(which there most probably will be) I'll try and solve them tomorrow at around the same time as when I submitted the first script. Don't expect this to work though. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

I'm busy now for the rest of the day so I may not be able to get any more replies on this thread until at least tomorrow.

Once installed the script adds an extra menu in either the scripts menu or the plus menu(depending on what version of plus you are running). Use the button in there to configure which contacts get sent notifications to. I decided against doing it the group way, since this way seemed much simpler.

Happy Testing,
David

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by Kinzzz on 04-15-2007 at 08:03 PM

the concept is great :D there is only one problem: when the contact who should recieve the request comes online, it says that the invitation couldn't be sent because the contact is offline (just like you recieve when somebody is really offline ;) )...so maybe there must be a short delay of somekind before the request is send out, when the contact comes online (i don't know for sure:P just an idea;) )...

but thanks so far :D you really did a great job ;) selecting the contacts is working fine this way!! :D

hope you can solve it tomorrow ;) and then it should be working fine i think :D

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by win_crook on 04-15-2007 at 08:08 PM

Hmm... I thought something like this might happen... I'll try and fix it tomorrow but for now the /Cam command is still in place.

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by Kinzzz on 04-15-2007 at 08:15 PM

No problem! ;) the /Cam command is working fine till then ;)

I've set my status "away" set the automessage:  /Cam  and that is working great now ;) only thing is that contacts first have to say something...but that's ok for now ;) I'm really happy you've got it this far in one day!! :D

ps.
Sorry for bad english sometimes :$ I'm dutch myself. ;)

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by win_crook on 04-16-2007 at 02:38 PM

Okay... I have added a timer that waits 5 seconds before trying to send the webcam request.

I still don't know if this is going to work since I don't want to test this on my contacts. But tell me if it doesn't and I'll try and think about what's stopping it. But hopefully this time I got it right :P.

--EDIT--

I don't believe this :| Second time I've forgotten to attach the file :$

Good Luck, (Y)
David

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by Kinzzz on 04-16-2007 at 04:37 PM

hahaha :P I'll test it and let you know ;)

works great! Thanks!! :D it doesn't wait 5 seconds, and send the request when the contact comes online...but it doesn't says that the contact is offline anymore;) so it should be good now! Great job!!.. but if I'll find a problem in the next 2 days I'll let you know ;)

RE: [Request] Webcam Command by win_crook on 04-16-2007 at 04:57 PM

Okay... I've sent you a private message containing my email address should you need any other support or updates after this thread becomes old.

RE: RE: [Request] Webcam Command by CookieRevised on 04-16-2007 at 07:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by win_crook
Right... after doing some research the best way that I can see this being done is to make a group of contacts (e.g Webcam Contacts) and put all the contacts that you want to automatically send webcam requests into that group.

It makes it easier for me as the script developer to pick out the contacts that need the request sending to.

(...)

I decided against doing it the group way, since this way seemed much simpler.
Scripts do not have access to groups in the contactlist. It would never have worked.

PS: don't attach new version in every post. If you update the script, edit one of your posts and attach the new version. It is majorly confusing for people to check and see which version to download or which version they have. If you have 1 post which always have the latest version that would be way easier. And if you have an update make a new post and link to the pos/attachment where the script is ;) (also don't try to double post, use the [Image: edit.gif] button instead)

PS: The scripts renders errors in reading the file with emails. Check your debugging window.

Tip: try not to save emails as plain text, but rather handle and save them by their MSNID hash. See CookieRevised's reply to MSN ID calculator... This because of privacy and security reasons. ;)
RE: RE: [Request] Webcam Command by vikke on 04-16-2007 at 07:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
quote:
Originally posted by deAd
Is it really THAT easy?! :O I have to note that. :P

You can also use Spy++/Winspector to see WM_COMMAND messages posted, from there you can find commands not found in menus. :)
RE: [Request] Webcam Command by win_crook on 04-17-2007 at 06:05 PM

Thanks a lot for that post CookieRevised :) I realised that about the groups in the contact list so that's why I ended up doing it this way ;)

About the double posting: You've probably already realised I'm quite new here, and don't really have much other forum experience so this is a bit of a first for me... so I will keep that in mind for next time :D

About the errors... I hadn't actually noticed them because they don't affect the functionality of the script, but I'll get around to fixing that when I have a spare moment.

And when I hash the MSN email address how would I decode it? Or if you don't need to decode it to open a contact window with the hashed Id, how would I go about doing it?

Thanks again,
David