Shoutbox

delete programs through windows explorer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: delete programs through windows explorer (/showthread.php?tid=73536)

delete programs through windows explorer by High Speed Chaser on 04-12-2007 at 06:19 AM

I downloaded something through the Google packs and something happened.
now the Google thing says it's not installed but when I go to program files it is there. It is also on the start all programs list. Can I delete it in windows explorer or am I stuck with it?

RE: delete programs through windows explorer by linx05 on 04-12-2007 at 06:58 AM

If you cannot uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs or by running its uninstall program, then simply re-install it over the top.

Then try doing whatever you need to do.

RE: delete programs through windows explorer by High Speed Chaser on 04-12-2007 at 08:17 AM

If I reinstall it, it might give me the same error and I have to restart the computer.
So I will ask,
What problems can occur if I was to just delete it?

RE: delete programs through windows explorer by ryxdp on 04-12-2007 at 08:24 AM

- If you delete it, the links will still be there, but remove as many as you can.

- If you reinstall it over the top (as recommended :P), I don't believe much would happen to harm or disturb the system, except maybe if you're not admin or have certain limitations.