Shoutbox

How to enlarge profile picture? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: How to enlarge profile picture? (/showthread.php?tid=73539)

How to enlarge profile picture? by droom on 04-12-2007 at 08:34 AM

I've done some search on the topic first before I post this thread, but didn't quite exactly find what I was looking for.

The question is that, when u're using MSN Messenger (i'm using version 8.0 atm) chatting with friends, u have this square picture on top right of the the window. Would this program somehow enlarge the picture to its original size? or atleast enlarge it to a certain size?

Thanks for any replies in advance.

RE: How to enlarge profile picture? by Fuse on 04-12-2007 at 08:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
No you cannot on WLM as display pictures are resized on the client as they are recieved - therefore a plugin of some type would be required on all your contact's computer as well to achieve similiar funtionality to that of MSN Messenger 6.x.

Note that this has never been a feature of Messenger Plus! but was a feature of SPNG (Stuff Plug New Generation). A new version of this will be released for WLM just called Stuff Plug. A release date is not set but you can check here for updates http://www.stuffplug.com/

note that the latest version of Stuff plug (3) does not include this feature. I dont think it is possible.
RE: How to enlarge profile picture? by Rolando on 04-12-2007 at 11:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by droom
I've done some search on the topic first before I post this thread, but didn't quite exactly find what I was looking for.

The question is that, when u're using MSN Messenger (i'm using version 8.0 atm) chatting with friends, u have this square picture on top right of the the window. Would this program somehow enlarge the picture to its original size? or atleast enlarge it to a certain size?

Thanks for any replies in advance.

That's is currently impossible. The only way is to go back to msn (6?) and install the old stuffplug.

However, only you would be able to see it.
RE: How to enlarge profile picture? by wOoKiE on 04-21-2007 at 07:26 AM

perhaps somebody with the necessary expertise can write a script for it....or even let the WLM developers know that it is missed?

RE: How to enlarge profile picture? by Vilkku on 04-21-2007 at 07:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wOoKiE
perhaps somebody with the necessary expertise can write a script for it....or even let the WLM developers know that it is missed?
I think the WLM developers know exactly what they are "missing" - having oversized display pictures is extremely annoying, the current size is imo big enough. If someone would write a script for it then the other person would also need the script afaik, which would be ok I guess, but my suggestion is to just accept the current situation.
RE: RE: How to enlarge profile picture? by MattyRid on 04-21-2007 at 09:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
If someone would write a script for it then the other person would also need the script afaik,

Quite correct. This is because they get resized on both the sending and the receiving end nowadays.