Shoutbox

Using formatting attributes to color contact names in Messenger windows. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Using formatting attributes to color contact names in Messenger windows. (/showthread.php?tid=73569)

Using formatting attributes to color contact names in Messenger windows. by adam.yao on 04-13-2007 at 03:09 AM

This feature only takes effect when i colapse or expand any group in contact list.

RE: Using formatting attributes to color contact names in Messenger windows. by ahmetgns on 04-13-2007 at 06:34 AM

Messenger should be closed and restarted for that change to take effect. How could you do that? Also what do you want? It looks like you need help but what is the problem here? Are you sorting your contacts by Online/offline or Groups?

RE: Using formatting attributes to color contact names in Messenger windows. by adam.yao on 04-13-2007 at 06:50 AM

my contacts list is sorted by groups.  The problem is when i open msn , the font size of contact name is too small. But when i colapse a group or expand a group, the font size will becoma more bigger. I think that the upper feature takes effect.

RE: Using formatting attributes to color contact names in Messenger windows. by vikke on 04-13-2007 at 02:29 PM

Screenshot? Sounds really strange.

RE: RE: Using formatting attributes to color contact names in Messenger windows. by adam.yao on 04-16-2007 at 01:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke

the following is small font:
RE: RE: Using formatting attributes to color contact names in Messenger windows. by adam.yao on 04-16-2007 at 01:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke

This font is bigger:

RE: Using formatting attributes to color contact names in Messenger windows. by ahmetgns on 04-16-2007 at 03:39 AM

It is very interesting but I think the problem arises in your Messenger due to your language characters. And I don't think it is related to MsgPlus!. I suggest you to try it on another computer which MsgPlus! isn't installed.

RE: Using formatting attributes to color contact names in Messenger windows. by adam.yao on 04-16-2007 at 03:55 AM

My system is windows xp sp2 (english version).  I have try this on other computer. The condition is same like this.

I think the small font is depending on my system.  The bigger font is that this feature takes effect.

RE: Using formatting attributes to color contact names in Messenger windows. by CookieRevised on 04-16-2007 at 09:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
It is very interesting but I think the problem arises in your Messenger due to your language characters. And I don't think it is related to MsgPlus!.
The characters are in the names of contacts. So it isn't a system font of his.

quote:
I suggest you to try it on another computer which MsgPlus! isn't installed.
The font changes when he applies a Messenger Plus! feature, so I don't see how this can be tested without Plus!.
RE: Using formatting attributes to color contact names in Messenger windows. by Sunshine on 04-16-2007 at 10:30 AM

adam.yao i don't see how you used colours (font is black in both images). What i do see is the different font size but also that you are using a patch or a skin (the little dp images infront of your contacts names). Does this also happen when you are not using this patch/skin?

RE: Using formatting attributes to color contact names in Messenger windows. by ahmetgns on 04-16-2007 at 11:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
The font changes when he applies a Messenger Plus! feature, so I don't see how this can be tested without Plus!.
I am not sure if he is applying that feature. What I understood is that he has noticed this error and relate it to the feature. adam.yao, did you check the case with that feature marked and unmarked seperately?
RE: RE: Using formatting attributes to color contact names in Messenger windows. by adam.yao on 04-17-2007 at 12:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
adam.yao i don't see how you used colours (font is black in both images). What i do see is the different font size but also that you are using a patch or a skin (the little dp images infront of your contacts names). Does this also happen when you are not using this patch/skin?
I am not using any skin. But i used mess.patch, stuffplug and msgplus on msn messenger. When i am not using any patch, the condition is that the font size is still small.

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I am not sure if he is applying that feature. What I understood is that he has noticed this error and relate it to the feature. adam.yao, did you check the case with that feature marked and unmarked seperately?
yes , i have checked the condition whether this features is enabled or not. If it is disabled the font size is kept small.