Shoutbox

Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] (/showthread.php?tid=73602)

Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by M73A on 04-14-2007 at 07:27 PM

Come on, some people must watch it...

what do you fink about the face's secret? :O:O:O

probably due to the fact he cant make himself new again, only allowed 13 or something aint he?

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vimto on 04-14-2007 at 07:36 PM

I watched it :D Lol. It didnt make sense cause the doctor said hes the last of his kind but the face said hes not :s

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by M73A on 04-14-2007 at 07:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vimto
I watched it :D Lol. It didnt make sense cause the doctor said hes the last of his kind but the face said hes not :s

would the face know more than the doctor? its a bit lame they have got daleks in the next ep... should just kill them off and be done with it!
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by aNILEator on 04-14-2007 at 07:47 PM

i keep missing it :P gotta 'obtain them' now 8-)

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Oxy on 04-14-2007 at 07:56 PM

Back in the "old" series, one of the docters Companions was, infact, a fellow time lord. You may also find the information on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_War_%28Doctor_Who%29 interesting...

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by vaccination on 04-14-2007 at 08:20 PM

Well Face of Bo(sp?) is older - well he was made out to be anyway. And i truly wouldn't be surprised if there was one or more timelords left. It's like the daleks thing, they keep coming, even the last one to die was 'teh last of it's kind'

Also, that episode kinda sucked, I mean the crab-like things didn't really cause much trouble and there wasn't much action. I hope the next one is more exciting.

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Oxy on 04-14-2007 at 08:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
It's like the daleks thing, they keep coming, even the last one to die was 'teh last of it's kind'

Yeah, time lords can only regenerate (sp? (again)) 13 times.. and this is the 10th generation of the current time lord.. so, unless they're going to stop the series (highly unlikely) there should be some alternative.. :^)
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by vaccination on 04-14-2007 at 08:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wlm
fatfreechinesetakeaway says (21:23):
everyone reckons the other time lord is the master 8-)
./James/. says (21:24):
they do? the master of what?
the master lord 8-)
fatfreechinesetakeaway says (21:24):
he's like. the nemesis of dr who 8-)
oh :x
biggest enemy from the old series
never sen old series
well, never watched a whole series or anything
e neither :P
but it seems a bit of a cop out
fatfreechinesetakeaway says (21:25):
he's been killed about 80 times
./James/. says (21:25):
=/ psch
that's like the dalek thing, .."shit anyone got anyideas for next episode?" - "err, daleks?" - "mehk"

oh well, we'll see what happens.

I hope they don't let the current time lord die, and then start following the adventures of the other timelord(s). WHEN WILL IT END?!
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vimto on 04-15-2007 at 07:58 PM

David tennant just said "The face of bo (sp?) is correct but the doctor isn't completely wrong either... The truth lies inbetween."

So very confused

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Nathan on 04-15-2007 at 08:01 PM

doctor who rocks :P

thats all i can say :p

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Oxy on 04-15-2007 at 08:05 PM

quote:
bo

*Boe :P

Maybe the last of his kind is a dalek... :S
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Nathan on 04-15-2007 at 08:07 PM

doubt it,
maybe there's somone out there :O

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Oxy on 04-15-2007 at 08:08 PM

quote:
David tennant just said "The face of bo (sp?) is correct but the doctor isn't completely wrong either... The truth lies inbetween."

Vimto > nathan :tongue:
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Nathan on 04-15-2007 at 08:11 PM

nathan > vimto :D

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by vaccination on 04-15-2007 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lukas

8-)

Yeah cause that'd really happen.
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vazza on 04-15-2007 at 09:23 PM

I don't know....I mean, I'm very tempted to think that there is a connection between what was said/happened at the end of Torchwood series one and what we've just seen in this episode (with the Face of Boe) but maybe I'm thinking too much about this

This could be interesting given that this is David Tennant last series as the Doctor. David's going out on a high!

Oh and Doctor Who without the Daleks or the Cybermen just isn't Doctor Who (I swear the Daleks have be brought back to life more times than Optimus Prime :p)

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Oxy on 04-15-2007 at 09:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vazza

This could be interesting given that this is David Tennant last series as the Doctor. David's going out on a high!

What? where did you hear that? :O
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vazza on 04-15-2007 at 09:28 PM

It's been known since the end of the last series that this would be his last outing as the Doctor. It's a shame because I think he's been really good but I guess there's the fear of being stereotyped to that sort of role (even though he's had the roles of Cassanova and then the one of drama about a guy with head injury). There was a bit in one of the weekend papers about i. I'll see if I can find it

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by M73A on 04-15-2007 at 09:29 PM

quote:
quote:

What? where did you hear that? :O

:O:O:O noooooo:(

that cant be right... would have heard rumours for whos gonna do it next by now!

are you sure? :(
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vazza on 04-15-2007 at 09:48 PM

The rumours have started. According to what was printed in the Scottish Daily Mail on Friday:

quote:
The BBC has commissioned a fourth series, but Tennant has so far refused to deny claims that he is quitting, insisting that he is 'non-committal' about his plans.
      He joked recently, "From the moment I accepted this job, everyone said "When are you leaving?" A Boy could get a complex.

And as for the possible next doctors (and you'll love some of these):
  • Robert Carlyle
  • David Morrissey
  • Alan Davies
  • Richard E Grant
  • Nigel Harman
although RObert Carlyle is so far hotly tipped to be the next one.
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Rolando on 04-15-2007 at 09:54 PM

doctor who.. who?

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by aNILEator on 04-15-2007 at 10:11 PM

Ok just seen it,

maybe he is the last of his kind (gender) and the other timelord is a female *-)

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Nathan on 04-15-2007 at 10:15 PM

nah, timelord

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vazza on 04-15-2007 at 10:18 PM

In theory I think that it has something to do with Captain Jack Harkness. But can't say too much about that because as far as I am aware, Torchwood hasn't been shown in the US yet

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Rolando on 04-15-2007 at 10:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Ok just seen it,

maybe he is the last of his kind (gender) and the other timelord is a female *-)

quote:
Originally posted by google
The Time Lords are a fictional race of humanoids, originating on the planet Gallifrey, seen in the British science fiction television series Doctor Who. The Doctor himself is a Time Lord. The female members of this group, like Romana, are sometimes called Time Ladies. They are so called because they have the technology to effect time travel, to a degree more advanced than any other civilisation. Time Lord time machines are known as TARDISes.

as nathan pointed out, timelord not time ladies
RE: RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by ryxdp on 04-15-2007 at 10:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
nah, timelord

The Rani was a Timelady. (wtf?!)
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by prashker on 04-15-2007 at 10:57 PM

wtf is Doctor Who :p?

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Nathan on 04-15-2007 at 10:58 PM

OMG gtfo

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Rolando on 04-16-2007 at 02:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
wtf is Doctor Who :p?

no idea either.. I just looked up timelord on google :chrongue:
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vazza on 04-16-2007 at 06:41 AM

I'm just thinking, why are we saying not the last of his kind....what was said is you are not alone. That doesn't specifically mean that he isn't the last of his kind. He could be and "not alone" is something else....God three episodes in and we're already confused lol

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by ryxdp on 04-16-2007 at 08:14 AM

[offtopic]

By the way, does anyone know when it'll start airing in Australia?

* ryxdp is very annoyed because maybe a few episodes were missed.

[/offtopic]

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by vaccination on 04-16-2007 at 09:24 AM

Captain Jack :cheesy:

It would be interesting if he came back into doctor who again.

And vazza is right, what if it doesn't necessarily mean last of his kind, we're jumping the gun a bit :P

Blah we'll have to wait and see I guess =(

Oh, and wouldn't it be 'lordess' not 'lady'?
And there must be females in the timelord race, otherwise how would they reproduce? :P

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by ryxdp on 04-16-2007 at 09:32 AM

quote:
It would be interesting if he came back into doctor who again.

He does...
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by vaccination on 04-16-2007 at 09:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ryxpia

He does...
Hawt.
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vazza on 04-16-2007 at 05:53 PM

I half expected that considering the Doctor drops in on the last episode of Torchwood (although it did take me the whole series to figure out the connection between things in Torchwood)...so that would mean if it doesn't air in the UK till june....it must be one of the episodes near the end....curious....

Ryxpia: Given that this series has just started showing in the UK (three weeks in) I would guess it could be a while.

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Oxy on 04-16-2007 at 06:48 PM

A little off topic, but meh.

[Image: rt_manhattan.jpg]
Niiiiccceee (H)

RE: RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by vaccination on 04-16-2007 at 07:13 PM

quote:

quote:

Maybe you were right then? :P

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Oxy on 04-16-2007 at 07:18 PM

quote:
quote:

quote:

Maybe you were right then? :P

Oh yeah, didn't remember that :P Now it's even more aawweessommmee!!
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Stigmata on 04-16-2007 at 08:22 PM

I heard the guy from life on mars was going to be the next doctor?

hmmm think i might start watching it now :)

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vazza on 04-16-2007 at 09:12 PM

* Vazza just waits patiently for the episode with Captain Jack Harkness :drool::drool: (yes I know he's gay but that doesn't mean I can't (l) him.

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by aNILEator on 04-16-2007 at 10:30 PM

that dalek human thing is pretty pants looking ... :(

About the re-generation thing, he's not doing too good these days is he, something like 400 years old and lost last 2 lives pretty quickly :P

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by vaccination on 04-16-2007 at 10:41 PM

Yeah I hate the '1 regeneration per series' thing :P

Damn actors should stay longer :sad:

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vazza on 04-17-2007 at 04:42 PM

The 'You are not alone' thing isn't going to be answered until the end of the series. It was the same with Bad Wolf in the first series

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Lourix on 04-17-2007 at 04:47 PM

Well what don't undertand is why can't the doctor just time travel before the time war and prevent it or something.

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Oxy on 04-17-2007 at 04:48 PM

It'll be interesting to see what the darlek humans (humleks? :S) "powers" are.. seeing as they're not in any metal case with a immense lazer gun type thing :P

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by vaccination on 04-17-2007 at 05:06 PM

quote:
It'll be interesting to see what the darlek humans (humleks? :S) "powers" are.. seeing as they're not in any metal case with a immense lazer gun type thing :P

Or the ability to hover and shit :P

A normal dalek without it's..battle suit?...isn't really a threat, they can't do much so they're pretty much powerless.

So unless this human dalek thing has some special powers, it'll be pretty weak :P
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Oxy on 04-17-2007 at 05:40 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f5/The...Chronicles-004.jpg
That comicstrip suggests that the daleks were some sort of human (or human shapped, atleast)..

quote:
Originally posted by Lourix
Well what don't undertand is why can't the doctor just time travel before the time war and prevent it or something.

It's a law of time. If he goes back in time to prevent it, in the future (when he would do back to prevent it) he wouldn't have any reason to go back in time to prevent it (because it didn't happen) so he'd have no reason to go back it time, so what happened, wouldn't of happened..
(yes, it's confusing stuff..)
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by aNILEator on 04-29-2007 at 12:46 PM

awww man they had to drag it on again didn't they 8-)

Just one more dalek ..... once again.....

Just bring back Billie Piper lol she'd either turn into a big golden bitch and erase it from time (once again 8-)) or convince it to open it's shell and self destruct :P

I think it's a shame that they killed the hybrid one, i could imagine him and the doctor getting drunk in some futuristic bar somewhere :P then like a big photo montage of them on holiday or something :lol:

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Nathan on 04-29-2007 at 12:49 PM

The new one's pretty good though, to be fair. Awesome series though

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by aNILEator on 04-29-2007 at 01:16 PM

I don't like the new girl I was just saying Rose could do a better job of dalek ass whopping :P

RE: RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vimto on 04-29-2007 at 01:54 PM

quote:
I don't like the new girl I was just saying Rose could do a better job of dalek ass whopping :P

Agreed :happy:
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vazza on 04-29-2007 at 03:40 PM

Give her time.Yes we'd all like her to be bought back into it, and I have to say if we're bring the daleks and Jack back into it, please bring her back, but she's out of the picture (but not from the Doctor's thoughts). It's the same when Christopher Eccelson(sp?) gave it up and David Tennant (:drool:) became the doctor. No one was sure at him being it but he's done damn well....

Besides....didn't they bring what's her face back from the dead? Or was that her sister that was in the Doomsday episode?

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by aNILEator on 04-29-2007 at 04:13 PM

in torchwood they keep killing suzie :P

I was all for david tennant as dr. who (could tell he was going to be involved as he's worked in loads of Russel T Davies stuff)

but yeah daleks..... again.... :(

the new girl is a bit too smarmy for me at the moment :P and just keeps going about how she isn't going out with him to everyone 8-)

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by vaccination on 04-29-2007 at 04:26 PM

Was it just me or did it take her ages to realise that she needed to use the physic paper to get into the empire state building thingo? =p

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by aNILEator on 04-29-2007 at 05:11 PM

and was it me or does time seem to speed up and go slow to suit them :P

• Darlek-Sek said there was 12 minutes till the blast thing
• Doctor got to work,
• Darleks were told (8)"to go to rehaaaabb but they said NOOOO NOOOOO NOOOO(8)"
• Martha and the gang travelled to the top floor of the building in a lift
• Doctor escapes into lift with pig boy also to top floor
• Doctor meets with gang climbs onto spire to dismantle the bits
• Gang make a lightning rod extension to the lift
• Doctor fails and decides to take some lightning YeHAW (li)
• Piggy boys arrive on top floor and get zapped

now is it just me or is it highly unlikely you can travel from the basement to the spire in under 12 minutes?

let alone twice was the same shaft so had to go all the way down to piggy boys then all the way back up again.

....Timelord 8-)

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vazza on 04-29-2007 at 05:30 PM

In response to that: it's doctor who....anything can happen! Mind you, the creature from the next episode does look like a rip off from Lost in Space or The Mummy Returns

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by vaccination on 04-29-2007 at 05:52 PM

I thought the same Nile, at one point one dalek was like " only a couple of minutes until gamma strike"(or something) and then in the next scene the doctor was like "right, 10 minutes" or something :P

Next episode looks good though, the beast looked quite awesome, even if it is a rip :P

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Nathan on 04-29-2007 at 06:06 PM

Yeah, i noticed that too!
"Only 30 secs till gamma strike"
10mins later doctor who is getting struck by it :P

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vazza on 04-29-2007 at 06:07 PM

Can we please stop nit picking the episode apart?

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Nathan on 04-29-2007 at 06:08 PM

What else can we do :(

* Nathan runs

I always do it with games, tis funny :P

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vazza on 04-29-2007 at 06:10 PM

But if you pick away at it too much then it runs it and we're only what....4 episosdes in?

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by vaccination on 04-29-2007 at 07:28 PM

What, nit picking it is great, I do it in films all the time :P

Anyone know how many episodes are in this series?

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vimto on 04-29-2007 at 07:28 PM

How cool is the doctor (h) With his red converse and what not!

[/InTheHoodSpeech]

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vazza on 04-29-2007 at 07:30 PM

By the way, the time went 11 minutes to 6 minutes to 4 minutes to 40 wells or whatever the daleks said
(watching the repeat on BBC 3)

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vimto on 04-29-2007 at 07:33 PM

The daleks said "4 minutes" and it was 4 minutes :P They said it at 20:26 and it happened at 20:30 :O

* Vimto is also watching the repeat

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vazza on 04-29-2007 at 07:35 PM

but then they started counting down they said gamma strike in 40 wells (or something)

* Vazza waits for this series shooting scripts to come out

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by aNILEator on 04-29-2007 at 10:34 PM

i have it in .mkv so i could watch whenever but it still seemed stupid

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Oxy on 05-07-2007 at 07:59 PM

I've got the "key word" if you will from this series (like torchwood, bad wolf etc..)

It is in white at the end of this sentence. don't look if you don't want to. saxons

However, that is what i'm led to believe.. may not be true, but if you look over the episodes (the last one in particular) you will see..

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by vaccination on 05-07-2007 at 08:55 PM

I cba to look, show me your 'evidence' :P

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by M73A on 05-07-2007 at 09:10 PM

Tennant was on parkinson... he said something like 'ah yes, that, its a little bit more complicated than there being just another timelord'

(something along those lines can't remember it properly)

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by aNILEator on 05-19-2007 at 08:30 PM

people have speculated that Mister Saxon is The Master (anagram is Master No Six, being the 6th actor to play the master)

The Master is The Doctor's long time rival timelord similar to the Rani.

Could be :P

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by vaccination on 05-19-2007 at 09:55 PM

Only time will tell ;[

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by M73A on 05-19-2007 at 10:15 PM

quote:
Only time will tell ;[
John Barrowman was on johnathon ross...

they showed a clip of dr who, captain jack clinging to the tardis as it did the time travel thing... i thought it was going to be in tonights epsiode.... was thoroughly disappointed :(
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by vaccination on 05-19-2007 at 10:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
quote:
Only time will tell ;[
John Barrowman was on johnathon ross...

they showed a clip of dr who, captain jack clinging to the tardis as it did the time travel thing... i thought it was going to be in tonights epsiode.... was thoroughly disappointed :(

Same. I believed Johnathon Ross to say he was on next weeks episode and assumed that would be tonight's. It wasn't, and it didn't look like he is in next weeks either. Which sucks cause I was really looking forward to seeing him in it again.
RE: RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by pollolibredegrasa on 05-19-2007 at 10:31 PM

quote:
i thought it was going to be in tonights epsiode.... was thoroughly disappointed :(

According to wikipedia, the one where Jack returns is going to be aired on the 16th June.

The clip from Jonathan Ross can be seen on Youtube here for  anyone who missed it. :)
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by the andyman on 05-21-2007 at 12:04 PM

Captain Jack is in the last three episodes of this series and the Master (in the form of Harold Saxon and played by John Simm) is in the last two (and the character in the third last episode has something to so with the Master as well I think) [unless the Master is not coming back at all and it is the "Meddling Monk" instead].

The Master is a time lord (hence the Doctor not being the last of his kind) but they have always been enemies. The Master has never died or been killed so could easily come back. It has been shown in episodes already this series that Mr Saxon knows who the Doctor is and doesn't like him. Also, some of the things that happened in The Lazarus Experiment episode are apparently relevant to the last two episodes of this series.

quote:
Originally posted by fatfreechicken
The clip from Jonathan Ross can be seen on Youtube here for  anyone who missed it. :)
That's been removed but afaik it's the same as the one here. Is it just me or in the clip does the Doctor see Jack running towards the TARDIS but leave anyway?

BTW there are 13 episodes in this series, including 3 sets of two-parters (like the Darleks' episodes), the next two to be shown are also a two-parter and so are the last two episodes of the series.

(Wikipedia is a quite a good cure for boredom ;))

(I also just found/worked out what is happening in the next two episodes to be shown by using Wikipedia |-))
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by vaccination on 05-21-2007 at 02:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by the andyman

That's been removed but afaik it's the same as the one here. Is it just me or in the clip does the Doctor see Jack running towards the TARDIS but leave anyway?

Yes, he does. Which is why, I guess, they are then propelled to the end of the universe; the Tardis wasn't expecting the extra passenger or whatever.

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by aNILEator on 05-21-2007 at 06:13 PM

They need to put a restaurant there :)

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vimto on 06-16-2007 at 06:54 PM

You Are Not Alone. :O YANA another timelord, The master!

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vazza on 06-16-2007 at 07:04 PM

*drools* David Tennant & John Barrowman (and yes I know he's gay but still (l))

The series coming to an end already??? NO :'( But still, they had to bring in an enemy. I mean, we've had daleks, the cybermen why not the master?

As for the episode, I just love the interaction between Jack and the Doctor.

BTW, don't suppose anyone knows the song that was playing at the end of last week's Doctor Who Confidential? I'd like to get my hands on it :)

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Oxy on 06-16-2007 at 08:24 PM

quote:

The bit where he was saying about "the watch being a spacehopper and tardis a sportscar" i found interesting, bet the doctor uses the watch to get his tardis back :P
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by M73A on 06-16-2007 at 10:55 PM

quote:
quote:

The bit where he was saying about "the watch being a spacehopper and tardis a sportscar" i found interesting, bet the doctor uses the watch to get his tardis back :P
I WAS WONDERING ABOUT THAT!!!

genius! thanks! obviously they wouldn't just leave the doctor there... but i couldn't quite clock on to how theyd get him his tardis back

like the pun? ;)
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vazza on 06-16-2007 at 11:01 PM

That was bad, really bad.

But the next episode's been ruined by Confidential because it showed clips of it at the end....nasty people :@

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by M73A on 06-23-2007 at 11:36 PM

how does the doctor get out of this one!!!

whats the paradox machine for?

what are the orby things!! argh

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by aNILEator on 06-23-2007 at 11:55 PM

D.I. Sam Tyler, YOU BASTARDS!

Life on Mars > *

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by vaccination on 06-24-2007 at 08:42 AM

Orby things? I'm guessing they could be Daleks. ;[

'Cause he was like "If I told you what they were, it'd break both your hearts"

Paradox machine creates gap into..another paradox?..where all the daleks were maybe?

Or it could be something else but meh :P

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Oxy on 06-24-2007 at 11:03 AM

quote:

Something from gallifrey? Could be something on that lines, would be interesting and maybe reveal more on the lost world.
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by vaccination on 06-24-2007 at 12:58 PM

quote:
quote:

Something from gallifrey? Could be something on that lines, would be interesting and maybe reveal more on the lost world.
Hmm yeah you might be right, as I remember when they were talking The Doctor said something like "<insert name Master called orby things> aren't real, they were just childhood stories"

At least I think he said something like that :P
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vazza on 06-24-2007 at 05:26 PM

It might be answered next week! After all, why tell us everything this week and then no need to watch next week. Now to the nit picking:

1) Last week's episode had a continuity problem. (SPOILER IF NO ONE HAS SEEN TORCHWOOD)
Jack is seen running towards the Tardis at the start of the episode. HOWEVER, at the end of Torchwood when Jack is walking through the base, we hear the Tardis (and the paper blowing around signalling the arrival) landing IN Torchwood....I need to get out more

2) Why did that UNIT (glad to see that came back. Thought their theme  would be a lost treasure) ship Valliant look like Cloudbase from Captain Scarlet?

BTW, does anyone else have the feeling that this COULD end a little like the first series?

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Oxy on 06-24-2007 at 06:23 PM

Kinda off topic:
The thing that interests me most, is that the Time war wasn't mentioned in the classic series (afaik). So, this could mean that the time war happened in between the two series? :S

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by vaccination on 06-24-2007 at 06:54 PM

classic series? you realises there loadsssssss of old series' :P

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vazza on 06-24-2007 at 07:17 PM

Or it could have been between the last series of the original (because really that's what the old ones is, the original) and the new one...I guess it's one of those gaps that fanfic writers and writers of the Doctor Who annual (stares lovingly at hers) and other Doctor Who related books can play on

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Oxy on 06-24-2007 at 07:19 PM

quote:
classic series? you realises there loadsssssss of old series' :P

Yeah, but then it was "cancelled" untill the revival of the show. The series before the revival is what i'm talking about :P
RE: RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vimto on 06-24-2007 at 07:54 PM

quote:
what are the orby things!! argh

I know! They were really weird.. and violent :O The masters really sick, kept opening the door to see that woman getting chopped to peices :|.
Then again she was really annoying!
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by vaccination on 06-24-2007 at 07:59 PM

quote:
The masters really sick, kept opening the door to see that woman getting chopped to peices :|.
Then again she was really annoying!
:lol:

that part was good I thought, was funny. He was like "awh *opens door* oh no, still screaming..and bleeding *closes door*....*opens door* yep lots and lots of blood...*closes door*" etc

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vazza on 06-24-2007 at 08:08 PM

I thought Russel was having an Ace Venture moment in the script (I assume you all know the  scene that I'm talking)

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by M73A on 06-24-2007 at 08:25 PM

quote:
I thought Russel was having an Ace Venture moment in the script (I assume you all know the  scene that I'm talking)
nope lol

please enlighten me
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by vaccination on 06-24-2007 at 08:28 PM

[21:20] <Vazza> vaccination: Where jim carey standing at the door and slides in open and shut while going Ahhhhh.....continously to prove that no one could have heard the guy fall off the balcony if the door was shut

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by M73A on 06-24-2007 at 08:29 PM

lol oh right, not to big on my ace ventura movies, saw them when i was about 8 :|

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Oxy on 06-24-2007 at 09:06 PM

quote:
[21:20] <Vazza> vaccination: Where jim carey standing at the door and slides in open and shut while going Ahhhhh.....continously to prove that no one could have heard the guy fall off the balcony if the door was shut

lawl.
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? by Vazza on 06-24-2007 at 09:40 PM

I obviously need to get out more :p

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by M73A on 06-30-2007 at 07:00 PM

OH MY GOD

I CAN'T BELIEVE JACK IS THE FACE OF BOE (highlight it to read it)

WOW loved that, REALLY CLEVER

[highlightable again]

but he dies cause the face died :(

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by Nathan on 06-30-2007 at 07:03 PM

I loved the ending :P
With the titanic.

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by M73A on 06-30-2007 at 07:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
I loved the ending :P
With the titanic.
lol yeah, so it wasnt the tip of an iceberg that sun the titanic, LOL
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by Vazza on 06-30-2007 at 07:05 PM

Hmmm....compared to other series finales....I feel that this was a pretty poor ending. I was expecting much, much more...COME ON RUSSEL GIVE US SOMETHING BETTER!!!

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by Nathan on 06-30-2007 at 07:06 PM

*sunk :P
Anyhow i thought the Dr Who's Tardis was indestructible  8-)

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by Vazza on 06-30-2007 at 07:08 PM

well, what I want to know as well, didn't the doctor say that he had permentantly locked the co-ordinates of the tardis? So how could he go anywhere else except between now and the end of the universe?

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by M73A on 06-30-2007 at 07:12 PM

quote:
well, what I want to know as well, didn't the doctor say that he had permentantly locked the co-ordinates of the tardis? So how could he go anywhere else except between now and the end of the universe?
he unlocked it :D

bah!

and what i dont get, tardis can withstand a timewar, but not a big boat?
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by Vazza on 06-30-2007 at 07:15 PM

I think that could be a good episode though :p

* Vazza finishes watching Doctor Who Confidential

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by vaccination on 06-30-2007 at 07:32 PM

quote:
Hmmm....compared to other series finales....I feel that this was a pretty poor ending. I was expecting much, much more...COME ON RUSSEL GIVE US SOMETHING BETTER!!!
I thought the same, kinda poor.

Oh well.

quote:
Originally posted by WLM

fatfreechicken - Shrek 3 premiere was ace says (19:55):
ROFL!
the titanic hit the tardis not an iceberg (rofl)
vaccination says (20:16):
yeah :P
fatfreechicken - Shrek 3 premiere was ace says (20:16):
major plot hole in that ending though ;<
vaccination says (20:16):
poor Tardis though, got turned into a paradox machine and then hit by the Titanic :P
plot hole?
fatfreechicken - Shrek 3 premiere was ace says (20:16):
yeah
im pretty certain titanic didnt have a fog horn ;<
fatfreechicken - Shrek 3 premiere was ace says (20:17):
:P
had a bell though :P
vaccination says (20:17):
fatfreechicken - Shrek 3 premiere was ace says (20:17):
least they got that right :P
vaccination says (20:18):
I'm still confused about the whole face of boe thing
fatfreechicken - Shrek 3 premiere was ace says (20:18):
but then it didnt have life rings that far forward so he would nevr have got one in his tardis from that
hmm
ill shut up now :P
i know too much about titanic 8-)
vaccination says (20:19):
face of boe wouldn't know about their being another timelord untill the doctor did
so, it'd be old news by then..?
fatfreechicken - Shrek 3 premiere was ace says (20:19):
fatfreechicken - Shrek 3 premiere was ace says (20:20):
i dont get where gollum came into it though sad:
but his ring was found at the end
vaccination says (20:20):
yeah wtf
vaccination says (20:21):
and what was with the whole making the doctor so old he practically became gollum :P
like, you can't get that old can you :P
fatfreechicken - Shrek 3 premiere was ace says (20:21):
he obviously can :P
and gollom did in the LOTR :P
vaccination says (20:21):
yeah good pint :P
point*

<3 ffc =p
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by Oxy on 06-30-2007 at 07:57 PM

quote:

At the end, he went back in time, obviously went futher back in time that the tardis was no longer locked.

I, enjoyed the episode (and the series) greatly :D
I loved the way everything tied in towards the end, fitting in perfectly. The most surprising things, have to be jack being the face of boe, and martha leaving. I never ever saw that one comming.

But now, the face of boe thing all fits out. Thats how the face of boe knows he's not alone.. I wonder if that suggests thats what the human race would evolve into given longer life spans.

========

quote:
Originally posted by wlm
fatfreechinesetakeaway says (21:23):
everyone reckons the other time lord is the master 8-)
they do? the master of what?
the master lord 8-)
he's like. the nemesis of dr who 8-)

:D

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by Vazza on 06-30-2007 at 08:02 PM

I know they went back in time, but not far enough to unlock it.....Russel screwed up again!

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by aNILEator on 06-30-2007 at 10:51 PM

meh laser screwdrivers.

I would've quite liked to have seen The Doctor visiting the master in a little cage every so often actually :-P

how cheesy though was

'NOOO NOOO NOOO'
'I FORGIVE YOU'
'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'

I almost spat out my noodles laughing, was almost on a par with 'You shall not pass!' and Darth Vader's 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'

still between now and xmas, we should have another series of torchwood to look forward too... yes?

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by Vazza on 06-30-2007 at 11:04 PM

quote:

still between now and xmas, we should have another series of torchwood to look forward too... yes?

I think so, but I think the second series is going to be shown on BBC2 instead of BBC3 (which I can't understand since the whole country is going to have go digital sooner or later) and it's rightful place is BBC3...*rant rant rant*

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but given that Jack is back in cardiff, I would guess so....I can just see Jack trying to explain to the rest of them where exactly he's been....oh well, back to reading th Torchwood books.....
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by Vimto on 06-30-2007 at 11:08 PM

Captain Jack = Face of bo :O Wow!

Writers these days.. so clever

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by aNILEator on 06-30-2007 at 11:58 PM

quote:
BBC2 instead of BBC3

yay :P I don't have digital i downloaded all the torchwood episodes :)

face of boe stuff errrm I know jack has a big ego but i doubt his head would ever get that big, or wise, and afaik the face never tried to get it on or flirt with anyone. On another hand, it could explain his mysterious warping whilst in the hospital, but then it wouldn't as the doctor de-armed his time hopper/warper/teleporter thingy. :P :P plot holes galore :D

the theme tune/opening sequence for torchwood is crap though :(

interesting to see waht the doctor does with his other hand now :P
RE: RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by ryxdp on 07-01-2007 at 05:03 AM

quote:
interesting to see waht the doctor does with his other hand now :P

Clone himself to keep company...? ^o)

I think that's about all you can do with a severed hand, but how should I know, I'm not a severed hand specialist, especially not a Time Lord's severed hand specialist. Bah.
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by cpt.talon on 07-02-2007 at 09:38 AM

8-|bloody hell, havn't any of you ever watched the old series?
there is one other timelord, he is called the master.
he is kinda evil nd wreaked evil in the old series

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by Vazza on 07-02-2007 at 10:10 AM

The master isn't gone :p Watching the last episode, you see a ring being picked up and the master laughing (sounds very like the final scenes of Flash Gordon really....) which means that one of the "future kind" has it

I'm just glad that UNIT got brought back in so that their theme could be used again :p Murray Gold was worried that since Torchwood was formed that they would disappear into TV oblivion and that we would only hear their theme once, but nice to see it brought back in now :)

And in other news, in the next series there will be TWO assistants! Martha will be coming back but is missing the first couple of episodes to allow the Doctor to introduce a new assistant :p

@aNILEator: well that's what I had read but whether or not it's true will have to be seen. I know that they had started showing the episodes on BBC2 not long after it had started on BBC3 but I don't think they were getting ratings so kept it on BBC3. I'm just awaiting the boxset :p

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by aNILEator on 07-03-2007 at 10:28 AM

why does one of the future kind have it? and having the ring afaik doesn't make you a master time lord. also there is 'The Rani' who picked up the ring (the very last other (female) timelord?) so she'll be in xmas/2008 series

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by Oxy on 07-03-2007 at 03:44 PM

quote:
and having the ring afaik doesn't make you a master time lord. also there is 'The Rani' who picked up the ring (the very last other (female) timelord

1) My father (who rememebers the old series :P) said that apparently, the "power" of the master is in that ring... whether he was BSing or not I'm not sure..

2) I thought that was Lucy? (his wife)

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by vaccination on 07-03-2007 at 05:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cpt.talon
8-|bloody hell, havn't any of you ever watched the old series?
there is one other timelord, he is called the master.
he is kinda evil nd wreaked evil in the old series
Bloody hell, don't you ever read threads?
We all knew that already.
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by Vazza on 07-03-2007 at 05:56 PM

Well I was only hypothesising about it because the Doctor went back to the end of the universe to 'dispose' of the Master's body and we knew that the future kind were already there

And it would appear that Kylie's going to appear on the Christmas Special :D

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by the andyman on 07-03-2007 at 08:57 PM

quote:
1) My father (who rememebers the old series :P) said that apparently, the "power" of the master is in that ring... whether he was BSing or not I'm not sure..
That would be the obvious idea, like the fob watches but a ring instead (and apparently it had the same design on it as the fob watches)

quote:
2) I thought that was Lucy? (his wife)
It did look exactly like her hand, maybe older though. Anyway Russell T Davis has said that he only put that scene in last minute so someone else could eventually bring back the Master if they wanted i.e. he isn't coming back very soon

quote:
Well I was only hypothesising about it because the Doctor went back to the end of the universe to 'dispose' of the Master's body
No he didn't ...
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by Vazza on 07-03-2007 at 09:06 PM

Alright, so where were was the body 'disposed' of?

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by aNILEator on 07-03-2007 at 09:27 PM

The hand was confirmed to be that of The Rani,

quote:
Originally posted by wikipedia
...in the 2007 series finale "Last of the Time Lords", the episode finishes with a female hand (body offscreen) with bright red fingernails - similar to Kate O'Mara's hands as the Rani - picking up The Master's ring. This hand is confirmed to be that of the Rani in the episodes commentry podcast....

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by Oxy on 07-03-2007 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Alright, so where were was the body 'disposed' of?

I think it was just burnt on earth (possibly where the rockets were before time reversed?).
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by Vazza on 07-03-2007 at 10:05 PM

Meh, well, I interpret it as The End of The Universe, so each to their own

RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by Vazza on 05-11-2008 at 10:24 AM

Okay so I'm running with a theory at the moment based on last night's (10/11/08) episode, The Doctor's Daughter

(THE BELOW SECTION MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!)

At the end of the episode The Doctor's Daughter, we see Jenny  brought back to life (I'm blaming the Terraforma) and then in a space shuttle saying a long the lines of she had the worlds to see and people to save...is there a possibility that this is who we 'saw' at the end of series 3 picking up the ring? Plus we keep hearing things that suggest our current doctor is either going to a) die or b) regenerate (which may fall on/after Christmas cause Tennant's currently filming/just finished filming the christmas special feat. the cybermen)

Anyone want to entertain this theory?

RE: RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by ryxdp on 05-11-2008 at 10:48 AM

just in case:

SPOILERS!!!

quote:
(I'm blaming the Terraforma)

You should see how many people have proved this wrong on the IMDB boards... If you watch The Christmas Invasion again, the effect is similar to, if not the same as, the Doctor's post-regenerative coma.

quote:
...is there a possibility that this is who we 'saw' at the end of series 3 picking up the ring? Plus we keep hearing things that suggest our current doctor is either going to a) die or b) regenerate (which may fall on/after Christmas

About the ring: it's highly unlikely, as RTD or someone said (jokingly) it was the hand of the Rani, and that particular scene was put in just in case any future producers could bring back the Master (and/or the Rani, I think)

About the dying/regenerating thing: Tennant is actually going to be in the three Bank Holiday specials (me being Aussie, I have no clue what the Bank Holidays are :P) which come after Series 4.
RE: Doctor Who - Not the last of his kind? [Turned into discussion] by Vazza on 05-11-2008 at 10:56 AM

Like I said, it was just a theory and something that came to mind after seeing the episode (actually need to watch it again tonight to see Confidential and then watch it on Friday for the Commentary :p)