Shoutbox

Cannot view my contact"s webcam!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Cannot view my contact"s webcam!!! (/showthread.php?tid=73606)

Cannot view my contact"s webcam!!! by delta101 on 04-14-2007 at 11:31 PM

(H) Hi I need help viewing my contacts"s webcam.I used to view them before and now I cannot. Need help!!!( I do not have a webcam connected to my computer).

RE: Cannot view my contact"s webcam!!! by Panachiba on 04-14-2007 at 11:35 PM

when start the problem (what happened in that time, you installed a firewall,antivirus,etc or another thing)?

Maybe is a Server problem, you just try again in another count

RE: Cannot view my contact"s webcam!!! by delta101 on 04-14-2007 at 11:49 PM

(H) Thanks Panachiba I think my sister may have downloaded Avast firewall a few days ago. An I already have Mozilla Firewall and used to  view my contact"s webcam fine before. My question is how do I remove Avast. ( should I right click on it?) When I do that a red symbol appears but it those not exit.

RE: Cannot view my contact"s webcam!!! by Supersonicdarky on 04-14-2007 at 11:58 PM

mozilla firewall? did you mean firefox?

RE: Cannot view my contact"s webcam!!! by MattyRid on 04-14-2007 at 11:58 PM

Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs is the best way to remove programs, unless instructed to do it another way.

RE: Cannot view my contact"s webcam!!! by delta101 on 04-15-2007 at 12:12 AM

Oh yes Mozilla Firefox

RE: Cannot view my contact"s webcam!!! by rumble on 04-22-2007 at 04:10 PM

I have same problem with windows live messenger. I can't see nobodys' webcam. I uninstalled wlm and installed msn 7.5, then anything worked fine. But what should i do with WLM ???

RE: Cannot view my contact"s webcam!!! by delta101 on 04-22-2007 at 11:54 PM

just uninstall WLM since msn 7.5 is working fine, I just installed msn 7.5 an uninstalled WLM!!!

RE: Cannot view my contact"s webcam!!! by delta101 on 04-23-2007 at 11:29 PM

rumble thanks a million for telling me to download MSN 7.5 I am now after months seeing my contacts on their Webcam!!!

RE: Cannot view my contact"s webcam!!! by rumble on 04-24-2007 at 07:38 PM

I figured out that webcam works fine on WLM 8.0.0812, but not in wlm 8.1, so in the latest wlm might be some bugs.

RE: Cannot view my contact"s webcam!!! by kezz on 04-25-2007 at 02:26 AM

no im pretty sure theres no bugs in WLM..
you just need a new webcam, or uninstall the webcam drivers and reinstall them

if that doesnt work, the cam is too old to support WLM

EDIT: The other person's webcam isnt good enough... so tell them to do the above:P

RE: RE: Cannot view my contact"s webcam!!! by rumble on 04-25-2007 at 12:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kezzinator29
no im pretty sure theres no bugs in WLM..
you just need a new webcam, or uninstall the webcam drivers and reinstall them

if that doesnt work, the cam is too old to support WLM

EDIT: The other person's webcam isnt good enough... so tell them to do the above:P

That's not exactly the problem, but somebody can follow these steps and tell me if they worked:

- Determine what version of Windows Live Messenger is installed on the computer, and then upgrade if it is required.

- Visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com, click "Scan for Updates," and then make sure that you and your contact have installed the latest updates to the Microsoft Windows operating system on your computers.

- Make sure that you and your contact has the latest version of DirectX installed.

- Make sure that the correct video source for Windows Live Messenger is selected, and make sure that you can view your image in the Audio-Video Tuning Wizard or in Web Camera settings.

- Unplug any devices that are not required for a web cam conversation.

- Make sure that you and your contact have a dial-up, cable, or DSL Internet connection with a speed of 56 kilobits per second (Kbps) or faster.

- If you are using a router, make sure that you have the latest firmware installed.

- If your computer is connected to a router or a NAT device that is a UPnP device, clear port forwarding.

- Make sure that the ports are required for a Windows Live Messenger web cam conversation are open.

- Your issue is the Internet service provider (ISP) or a firewall is not allowing access to the ports that are required for web cam communication or there are issues with a network address translation (NAT) device, a router, or a home networking device