Shoutbox

instalation problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: instalation problems (/showthread.php?tid=73668)

instalation problems by nikaah on 04-17-2007 at 01:21 AM

hey guys, im having a problem installing windows live plus. it all downloads fine but when i get to the part of the set up, it will only install 3 bars and thats it. i've tried waiting to see if it was jsut being slow, but nothing changed. i have also deleted all of my IMsmileys as well and tried deleting the download and redoing it. nothing i have tried seems to help. i haven't recieved any messages telling me why i can't install it when i try to, it jsut doesn't install. have any suggestions for me, if you do i would really apprieciate the help. Thanx again Alicia

RE: instalation problems by Hank on 04-17-2007 at 01:30 AM

what Windows Operating System are you using? if your using Vista Try Right clcking on the MPL4.1.exe an Run As Administrator

Edit have you got Smiley Central installed aswell?

RE: instalation problems by nikaah on 04-17-2007 at 01:32 AM

im using windows xp

i did have smiley central installed, but i deleted it and then tried again without it and it made no difference

RE: instalation problems by Hank on 04-17-2007 at 01:37 AM

before you reinstalled or tried to reinstall  MPL did you reboot the system ? if not try rebooting the system an then reinstalling

RE: instalation problems by nikaah on 04-17-2007 at 01:39 AM

yes i tried that. um i did have it all installed a few days ago, but i also lost it the same day. i shut my computer off, and thats when these problems started, plus uninstalled itself and now i can't seem to get it back

RE: instalation problems by MattyRid on 04-17-2007 at 01:45 AM

means you still have some kind if trace of smiley central on your computer. A general search of you hard drive for anything smiley central related, and if possible try and remove it.

RE: instalation problems by nikaah on 04-17-2007 at 01:50 AM

i jsut did a search on the hard drive and it came up with nothing for smiley central... is there another possible cause?

RE: instalation problems by MattyRid on 04-17-2007 at 01:51 AM

Did you get it to search hidden files and folders as well? should come up

RE: instalation problems by nikaah on 04-17-2007 at 01:52 AM

yes... now i am on a shared network. and it does say that my sisters compuer has smiley central, could that be affecting it?

RE: instalation problems by MattyRid on 04-17-2007 at 01:53 AM

possibly but it's very unlikely, perhaps a clean install is needed, as in deleting the folders (at the bare least) and trying again.

RE: instalation problems by nikaah on 04-17-2007 at 01:57 AM

alright so i deleted the download of plus again, and then redownloaded it, and it is doin the same thing, still not letting me install it

RE: instalation problems by MattyRid on 04-17-2007 at 01:59 AM

I'm talking about the program folders not the downloaded installation files from the websites...might be best to follow this to prevent you doing the same thing.

RE: instalation problems by nikaah on 04-17-2007 at 02:44 AM

alright, i followed those instructions, uninstalled everything, then restarted my comp, and then i redownloaded/ installed windows live, and it still won;t let me install plus... should i jsut give up and live with windows live lolz

nvm i got it. thank you for ur help