Shoutbox

Tweaks for standard Windows Messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Tweaks for standard Windows Messenger (/showthread.php?tid=73681)

Tweaks for standard Windows Messenger by portisgreg on 04-17-2007 at 11:09 AM

Hi! I'm working on a pc with 'systemhound' on it, hence anything i install on it is logged. I was wondering if there are tweaks for the standard windows messenger you get with XP? e.g. transparency, no flashing the window in the toolbar, hide messenger keyboard shortcut

Any suggestions or links would be very helpful.

Thanks! 8-|

RE: Tweaks for standard Windows Messenger by Rolando on 04-17-2007 at 11:34 AM

Yes. No flashing can be done with a patch, or I believe its in the messenger options itself. I can't check atm, but it can be done. The hiding messenger part can be done with Msg Plus! Live, which is what this is ;)

(Preferences > Boss protection)

RE: RE: Tweaks for standard Windows Messenger by MattyRid on 04-17-2007 at 11:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by q25
The hiding messenger part can be done with Msg Plus! Live, which is what this is ;)

(Preferences > Boss protection)

1 problem, Plus! Live will fail on Windows Messenger, therefore, Plus! 3 is needed, but from memory, the method mentioned to get to it is remarkably correct :P
RE: Tweaks for standard Windows Messenger by portisgreg on 04-17-2007 at 12:01 PM

Thanks guys,

I've got Plus!3 but I'm reluctant to intall since I believe this will then be sent accross to the systemhound log.

If there are patches then I don't think this will be sent to the log? but i cant be sure.

http://www.systemhound.com/products/systemhound_s...e_information.html

It'd be handy if the installed program wasnt so obvious! If it was called 'MP!.exe' or something!

RE: Tweaks for standard Windows Messenger by duck! on 04-17-2007 at 12:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by portisgreg

It'd be handy if the installed program wasnt so obvious! If it was called 'MP!.exe' or something!

rename the name of the exe? to something else?
RE: Tweaks for standard Windows Messenger by portisgreg on 04-17-2007 at 03:56 PM

Hmm... I'm not sure if that will work?

It's the fact that whatever's installed in the 'add/remove programs' is then forwarded to the systemhound log, i doubt changing the name of the file will make any difference.

A patch might work tho??