Shoutbox

Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! (/showthread.php?tid=73721)

Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Stianu89 on 04-18-2007 at 03:35 PM

A year and a half ago two vista skin projects for Windows Live Messenger began, One made it to 8.0 while the other died.

And when Windows Live Messenger 8.1 came out it seemed that these two skins wouldn't see daylight again.

UNTIL NOW

The moment you all have been waiting for!
A collaboration featuring the best talents in skinning will resurrect two of the best vista skin ideas and merge them into the one skin to create the Ultimate Vista Theme.

And if you think for a second that we will go slow on this then think again!

[Image: VistaLiveMessenger.png]  (This is a working screen!)
[Image: Vistafull.png]

[Image: 360LiveMessenger.png]   (This is still a mock)
[Image: 360full.png]

We also have some other concepts that we will reveal later.

Willz, Stianu89 & iPab

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and Me are updating it by ipab on 04-18-2007 at 03:40 PM

good to know that I'm included in this one :P, this one is going to be great :refuck:

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and Me are updating it! by crank on 04-18-2007 at 04:49 PM

So skinning coming back :D

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and Me are updating it! by duck! on 04-18-2007 at 05:14 PM

It rocks!
any rough estimate on when it'll be out?
:cheesy:
Will willz be bringing any windows aero messenger ideas with him into this skin?

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and Me are updating it! by Oxy on 04-18-2007 at 05:20 PM

The 360 one looks hot.
Looking forward to these releases, guys!

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and Me are updating it! by Lourix on 04-18-2007 at 05:23 PM

Bet you all worked hard on them, like the Vista one the most though. I hope to be trying them out in the future.

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and Me are updating it! by Thor on 04-18-2007 at 05:25 PM

Seems sweet! Good luck on the progress! (Y)

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and Me are updating it! by Stianu89 on 04-18-2007 at 06:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by duck!
It rocks!
any rough estimate on when it'll be out?
:cheesy:
Will willz be bringing any windows aero messenger ideas with him into this skin?

maybe ;)
RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and Me are updating it! by aNILEator on 04-18-2007 at 06:42 PM

yayz and stianu can't spell :D

you can download my PSD's if you want to design some more stuff :)

There's a link around here and msgstuff forums somewhere

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and Me are updating it! by Jimbo on 04-18-2007 at 06:52 PM

Both look great!
Good luck:p

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and Me are updating it! by Baggins on 04-18-2007 at 07:03 PM

Love the Xbox 360 one.(Y)

And just as a side not the title should say 'I' instead of 'Me'.

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by prashker on 04-18-2007 at 07:16 PM

hot, can't wait :D.

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Nagamasa on 04-18-2007 at 09:54 PM

They both look really great...will there be one for the Wii?

Good luck and have fun!

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Rolando on 04-18-2007 at 10:29 PM

Nice. PS3 > 360 though (a)

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by aNILEator on 04-18-2007 at 11:01 PM

360 > PS3

without microsoft no messenger, without messenger no msgplus without messenger plus no community

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by NanaFreak on 04-19-2007 at 06:36 AM

nice guys... i dont like skinning my messenger but (Y)

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Eddie on 04-19-2007 at 07:03 AM

Thats great news :D is there an ETA or did i miss somethin in the post ? :P

quote:
Originally posted by q25
Nice. PS3 > 360 though (a)
(Y)
RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Felu on 04-19-2007 at 10:05 AM

Great news :D. Will be looking forward to the skin :).

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Willz on 04-19-2007 at 11:12 AM

I am doing everything I can to get this out as soon as I can. Just keep in mind this is a complex skin and will require extra care.

Everythings going smoothly so far so yeah don't fear.

As for an ETA i have no idea so dont ask :P

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Oxy on 04-19-2007 at 11:15 AM

Good news, am looking forawrd to the release of these skins..
Oh, and any mock for the convo windows for the 360 one? (A)

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by absorbation on 04-19-2007 at 04:50 PM

Good luck with the development guys (Y)

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by vaccination on 04-19-2007 at 05:04 PM

wow, both look great, especially like the 360 one :cheesy:

good luck (Y)

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by High Speed Chaser on 04-20-2007 at 12:22 PM

(Y) nice!!! (Y)

Just a few Questions!

1. Questions! With the vista skin, does it have to be black or can you change it to to another colour?
  2. If the Vista one is full screen does the X (two square thing) and minimize stay the same or is it like the XP close minimize thing?*
  3. Can we get a picture of the conversation window?
    [/list]

* you know icons at at the top right corner of the screen

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by duck! on 04-20-2007 at 12:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by High Speed Chaser
(Y) nice!!! (Y)

Just a few Questions!
  1. Questions! With the vista skin, does it have to be black or can you change it to to another colour?
  2. If the Vista one is full screen does the X (two square thing) and minimize stay the same or is it like the XP close minimize thing?*
    [/list]

1- Yeah, you probably can like in the last version for 8.0 :)
2- No if you have it maximized it changed the buttons to what ever visual style you have applied :)
RE: RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating by Willz on 04-20-2007 at 12:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by High Speed Chaser
(Y) nice!!! (Y)

Just a few Questions!
    [/list]

1: As duck said
2: As duck said (obviously)
3: This is the current state of the skin (one theme anyway):
[Image: m1ow7.th.png]

There is much more to this skin than just whats been posted here. A lot of the other stuff will only be revealed on release.
RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Oxy on 04-20-2007 at 01:09 PM

I take it thats the detailed conttact list? :P

RE: RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating by Stianu89 on 04-20-2007 at 01:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lukas
I take it thats the detailed conttact list? :P

yeah!
RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Willz on 04-23-2007 at 10:51 AM

Ok well today we hit build number 4 in for the skin and now its looking solid. This is the progress so far:

[Image: build4em7.th.png]

Chat Window - 90% Complete
Contact List - 95% Complete
Sign In Window - Complete (just will tweak)
Toasts - Complete

New Features from the old VLM

New sign in animation
The custom dropdown menu like in my Ev0 skin is added and is fully functional with support for colourisation, graphical tweaks are all that is left there.

Like I said, doing all in my power to get this thing a reality. The next few days will move slow as i got some other things to handle first but yeah :P just showing proof of concept here.

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Stianu89 on 04-23-2007 at 11:21 AM

[Image: VLMChart.png]

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by aNILEator on 04-23-2007 at 11:24 AM

i think you need to change order of buttons to be

Options / min / max /close

because at the moment it looks like

min / options / max / close

and looks odd and otu of place :S

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Willz on 04-23-2007 at 11:30 AM

Yeah noted, we are still experimenting with ideas here, looking over old concepts we have had in the past etc. If people feel strongly to this then it'll most likely be revised.

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by aNILEator on 04-23-2007 at 11:41 AM

just switch them over really i like the icon just it breaks continuity and style etc etc having it min - opt - max - close
swapping min and opt = (*)(*)(*)(*)(*) :P

I'd be willing to lend you a hand with any graphics or ideas etc, contact links in my signature or profile if you want to :)

* aNILEator makes a mental note to do a special post on msgstuff

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Stianu89 on 04-26-2007 at 06:49 PM

[offtopic] Hey, im just wondering if there is a german here that would help me with something. send me a pm [/offtopic]

RE: RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating by Stianu89 on 05-05-2007 at 02:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
just switch them over really i like the icon just it breaks continuity and style etc etc having it min - opt - max - close
swapping min and opt = (*)(*)(*)(*)(*) :P

I'd be willing to lend you a hand with any graphics or ideas etc, contact links in my signature or profile if you want to :)

* aNILEator makes a mental note to do a special post on msgstuff

This better?
[Image: coming%20soon.png]
RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by absorbation on 05-05-2007 at 02:50 PM

I've already posted about the new screenshot :P

RE: RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating by Stianu89 on 05-06-2007 at 12:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
I've already posted about the new screenshot :P

Yeah noticed (Y)

Talk to me on msn and ill give you a better pic than you have on your site! :D
RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Butcher_ss on 05-19-2007 at 06:05 AM

Any updates on how this is going?

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Willz on 05-19-2007 at 06:39 AM

As of right now the skin is well past the stage that the old one (the one stian and blue_eyes made for 8.0)

The skin is now really stable (no screenshots :P) and is as refined as ever this is thanks to the Ev0 skin I released earlier this year because I have been using it to reconstruct VLM.

Right now production has stopped for a bit as school is really tough right now for both me and stian. I finish school next week so things should pick up again from then.

And no ETA on anything. Just that the next few weeks will bring some interesting things ;)

If I don't post for the next week or so do not fear, thats just school getting the best of me :P

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Stianu89 on 05-22-2007 at 11:59 AM

Small update:
-We have fixed almost every bug
-Added a new status dropdown in the chat window
-Added a new default DP
-Added taskbar icons
-Fixed the dp size in the contact list
-The skin is looking fantastic (this aint news)

Here is a screen:
[Image: coming%20soon%20new.png]

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Jimbo on 05-22-2007 at 02:30 PM

That looks amazing!!!!
I cant wait for it to be released.
What are all those icons in the taskbar though?
Theres like 6 msn ones

RE: RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating by Stianu89 on 05-22-2007 at 02:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
That looks amazing!!!!
I cant wait for it to be released.
What are all those icons in the taskbar though?
Theres like 6 msn ones

It's just the diffrent icons! ;) To show them to you guys!
RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Oxy on 05-22-2007 at 03:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stianu89
Small update:
-We have fixed almost every bug
-Added a new status dropdown in the chat window
-Added a new default DP
-Added taskbar icons
-Fixed the dp size in the contact list
-The skin is looking fantastic (this aint news)

Here is a screen:
[Image: coming%20soon%20new.png]

Great, looking beautiful! (Y)

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by jerone on 05-23-2007 at 06:44 PM

very good work. best skin ever.

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Butcher_ss on 05-24-2007 at 03:01 AM

It's the reason i haven't update to 8.1 yet, i have been waiting for this skin, thanks for the update and thanks for all the efforts you are putting into this :D

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by prashker on 05-24-2007 at 03:32 AM

Looks really good :), can't wait to have it :cheesy:

And if you need a mirror for the setup, I'm you guy ;-) (I mirrored Ev0 :cheesy:)

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Felu on 05-24-2007 at 03:49 AM

Wow thats looks awesome. Can't wait until its out.

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Lux on 05-25-2007 at 09:43 PM

llookssssssssss amazing ! can't w8 ! :)

when it should be done? :| ?

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Willz on 06-06-2007 at 11:20 AM

Well its been a real quiet few weeks because of university and but now that thats over for the semester its time for a status update.

Firstly, no the project isn't dead :P and secondly WLM 8.5 will not delay the release at all as we will not be making anything for any of the BETA builds.

An 8.1 Version will be released as planned and an 8.5 version will be made once WLM 8.5 is final.

Reason being that there have been significant changes in WLM which means pretty much everything will have to be re-written to suit WLM 8.5. I see no point in trying any of the beta builds as they will most likely change a lot making porting the skin damn near pointless.

Don't think of this as a bad thing, I mean right now WLM 8.5 beta doesnt really offer anything major asides from a bunny emoticon and UI Changes. Believe me once the skin is released you guys will want to switch back, this is one of the most complete skins you will ever see.

How far is the skin?

I'd say about 95% complete for the version we've been showing you guys this whole time ;)

Screenshots?

Ha well we have put in some of our surprises so we ain't gonna reveal them yet :P Some very priveledged people have seen them and love it. So yeah just hold on a little longer it will pay off :)

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by prashker on 06-06-2007 at 11:30 AM

Am I priviledged :cheesy:?

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Butcher_ss on 06-06-2007 at 11:32 AM

Thanks for the update!! :D:D

RE: RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating by Willz on 06-06-2007 at 11:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Am I priviledged :cheesy:?

You do get the installer before anyone else since you mirror it ;) Technically you're one of the first to have any of my skins :P

I'd call that privileged hehe.
RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by prashker on 06-06-2007 at 11:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
You do get the installer before anyone else since you mirror it ;) Technically you're one of the first to have any of my skins :P

I'd call that privileged hehe.

Yay :p.
RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by aNILEator on 06-06-2007 at 05:34 PM

Good news, although is the Vista orb in the contact list still in that position? just seems a little out of place on the right hand side

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Willz on 06-14-2007 at 01:09 PM

Well people today is a day of excitement as I have created a stable version of possibly the greatest and most complete WLM skin that has ever been seen.

As most of you know me and Stian have teamed up to bring you the update to Vista Live Messenger, which is coming :) its solid and it just needs a few things done to it and it will be done :)

But lets go back a bit, nearly 2 years ago I started creating a skin called AeroMSN. Finding skinning hard I teamed up with iPab and we brought you guys one of the best themes for MSN Messenger 7.5. Windows Live Messenger was released and we laid down plans to create AeroWLM, we found the name to be crap so we called the project WAM (Windows Aero Messenger).

About a year ago I released a screenshot of a very early version of WAM. For those who can't remember it was this:

[Image: 1stwamum8.th.png]

The skin was meant to be a major release for 8.0. But the ideas were really complex and I couldn't bear the load of university at the time. So WAM died and I took a break from the skinning world and came back to bring you guys Ev0 and now VLM.

To this very day I get told "man you should have made WAM I was so looking forward to it".

So I thought enough is enough.

[Image: chatwindowsyg1.th.jpg]

[Image: contactswg3.th.jpg]

These are the first two working (yes working) screenshots of Windows Aero Messenger Reloaded. THIS IS ON WLM 8.1.

The skin features what WAM would have been and much more. I created this skin using different methods than what I'm normally used to. It has really controlled colorization where colorization actually helps the skin work better and does not make glow or glass effects look crappy. As shown in the screenshots, just set the color to whatever your main desktop color is and use a bit of plus transparency and PRESTO you have a cool glass-ish effect. Or you can maximize the chat window and use it with a wallpaper in a dual screen situation (which is why the bar is at the bottom :) )

It also features a new style DP container in the chat window. The bottom part of the container is now a stylish button instead of a button within a border. So when you hover over it, it glows nicely.

Pretty much every aspect of messenger has been refined and styled here. WAM also features an emoticon patch which was an intended feature for Ev0, but never surfaced. Every single emoticon has been modernized and stylized to be smooth and effective (no more white edges :) )

That's all on WAM Reloaded.....

For Now.

No ETA on this :P good things come to those who wait.

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Chris4 on 06-14-2007 at 01:12 PM

Looks great (Y)

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Thor on 06-14-2007 at 01:16 PM

That sounds really rawr. :D

(I wish I was one of the mirrors :sad: )
* Thor slaps SonicSam around a bit with a large mirror

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Matti on 06-14-2007 at 01:16 PM

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee great job! :D Good to see WAM is back alive! :)

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Willz on 06-27-2007 at 02:38 AM

Well for those now wondering why we havent announced the release of the black vista live messenger in Vista transformation pack here is a reason.

The dll included with Vista Transformation Pack is extremely bugged and can cause nasty crashes.

I have uploaded a non-bugged version of Vista Live Messenger on stians deviantArt. For those who got VLM off vista transformation pack I strongly recommend updating to this version as it fixes a lot of the flaws that the dll had.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39255778/

Enjoy,

This isnt the end of the road for this skin though, theres still some things coming out for it soon.

Stay Tuned.

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by duck! on 06-27-2007 at 06:54 AM

Awesome, best skin for wlm ive seen :P it rocks!

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by prashker on 06-27-2007 at 07:25 AM

Mmmmm, sexy.

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Matti on 06-27-2007 at 08:25 AM

Yaaaaaaay! :D

RE: Announcement: Vista Live Messenger 8.1 comming soon, Willz and I are updating it! by Butcher_ss on 06-27-2007 at 06:18 PM

Thanks guys! Finally a skin for 8.1 which i like, keep up the good work! (Y)(Y):D