Shoutbox

Incompatibility Issues - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Incompatibility Issues (/showthread.php?tid=73742)

Incompatibility Issues by sonap on 04-19-2007 at 02:22 PM

I have a big problem...
I use my msn for work and i have about 400 active contacts from all over the world.
When i had msn version 7.5 i used the msn plus 3.63 and i did separate people by coloring their contact names. That helped me easlily understand who is from europe, usa, canada, italy, etc. 
With the new msn plus we do not have this option, unless i have not found it yet, in which case please help me.

One more thing is that the old plus version and the new version are not compatible. Generally I am changing peoples nick names to more detailed ones incorporating information abt them so i know who i am talking to i.e. name, company, country.
Unfortunatelly, now I will have to sit down and find who is "nickname: mr nice guy" and change his nickname to meaningfull information i.e. name, company, country.

I do not see what is the point of using msn plus if on every ungrade i loose all my personal settings ???

I think that designers will have to think again and except of all the fancy stuff ringings etc they also have to provide some real adantages to the users as for example comatibility between ungrades.

Is there anyone that can help me PLEEEEASE?

RE: Incompatibility Issues by ahmetgns on 04-19-2007 at 08:07 PM

I think old Prefences can't be (at least those custom names definitely) imported to Plus! Live Preferences. Also demanding to make this completely recoded Plus! Live compatible with old Plus! from the developer seems as acting unjustly. Even, for such a feature which is integrated with WLM (and also done server related) and there is no reason to keep it with Plus! Live, people should work on their own to rename their contacts again, this will be much much less work than the developer's work. We all have to thank Patchou for continuing to work on his add-on.