Shoutbox

lots of help needed system rebuild - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: lots of help needed system rebuild (/showthread.php?tid=73743)

lots of help needed system rebuild by guanako on 04-19-2007 at 03:13 PM

ok i burnt my old mobo:$ so i went and bought a new one, with the cpu, got it and put it all together, mobo, cpu w. fan, RAM, video card, power supply(350W), fired it up and.... no video at all (the mobo does not have built in video so i used my old video card nvidia 5200) video card(pci), ram, power supply are from my old system, and i know they all work i tested them on other pcs, i already tried everything, diff ram, less ram, new video card(agp), new power supply 500W. i am about to isolate it with the new power supply but im not so sure its gonna take me some place :( so if anyone knows what i can do.

ps. the mobo doesnt have a internal speaker just the port for one,
mobo combo (no longer for sale)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtoo....asp?EdpNo=2930546 

RE: lots of help needed system rebuild by Adeptus on 04-19-2007 at 03:27 PM

Check the position of the jumper for clearing BIOS settings.  When set to clear, many motherboards will act completely dead -- and I've got brand new boards that way several times.

If you haven't already, you should connect the case speaker and see if it makes any beeps.  If not, try it with the graphics card removed and see if you get beeps then.

RE: lots of help needed system rebuild by guanako on 04-19-2007 at 03:34 PM

i  did :(  well some guy from the company talted to me and he wasnt the most polite peroson :p so nothing,  and i had it with all this :@ im exchanging it :@ fo this and if that doesnt do it, i dunno what im gonna do and this mobo actually fits on my case :D and has a built in video.

did i make a good choise?

RE: lots of help needed system rebuild by Jarrod on 04-19-2007 at 11:31 PM

that happened to me they, my processor was dead bet yours it 2

RE: lots of help needed system rebuild by Verte on 04-20-2007 at 06:38 AM

I think on newer mother boards you need to specify which bus the graphics card is on if not the default. If you're using an older card, it might not be pci-e [or whatever is the latest?], and the motherboard might still be broadcasting VGA on pci-e.