Shoutbox

Volume is gone - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Volume is gone (/showthread.php?tid=73765)

Volume is gone by Hybrid on 04-20-2007 at 06:08 AM

My volume is utterly gone I restarted twice today and its still not back I searched all over my sound controls and nothing any suggestions? I also turned up and down the volume, put on head sets, etc.

RE: Volume is gone by Verte on 04-20-2007 at 06:43 AM

There's a lot of point of failures there. You're using windows? Make sure you're in the playback settings not the recorder settings. Have you tried all different programs that make sound [ie, it's not just your program]? Some computers have hardware volume controls as well, try those. If not, check your speakers and speaker lines [perhaps try disconnecting them and using headphones], and if that fails I'm not sure. Try updating your sound card drivers?

RE: Volume is gone by Hybrid on 04-20-2007 at 06:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Verte
There's a lot of point of failures there. You're using windows? Make sure you're in the playback settings not the recorder settings. Have you tried all different programs that make sound [ie, it's not just your program]? Some computers have hardware volume controls as well, try those. If not, check your speakers and speaker lines [perhaps try disconnecting them and using headphones], and if that fails I'm not sure. Try updating your sound card drivers?
hmmm well I tried all of those so all of those, and I'm on a laptop so I dunno about the sound card thing. It'll probably work itself out eventually.

RE: Volume is gone by Verte on 04-20-2007 at 07:07 AM

What brand laptop? Have you tried the headphones? And yeah probably check the device manager too to make sure there's no addressing problems.