Shoutbox

[idea] Periodically modify personal message - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [idea] Periodically modify personal message (/showthread.php?tid=73896)

[idea] Periodically modify personal message by Crabby on 04-25-2007 at 12:58 AM

Idea: ability to set a rota of personal messages and a period of between 5s (or whatever is realistic) and 1 hour through which they will rotate.

For example, you could tell a joke through it:

Rota:
Why did the chicken cross the road?
To get to the other side!
Period: 20s

Or, you could advertise your website through it:

Rota:
Looking for widgets to suit you?
Why not try Crabby's Widgets?
Cheap prices and great support @ www.crabbyswidgets.com
Period: 10s

I can think of a million more uses for it, rotating through alternate forms of contact numbers/addresses, plain annoyance, etc :P

Should be pretty simple that's if it's possible!? If not can someone repost this in suggestions for MsgPlus! itself?

P.S. Some extra motivation, it'd probably spread like wildfire with people going 'how do you do that???!!' seeing as it will be visible by all up-to-date messenger clients.

RE: [idea] Periodically modify personal message by arrow88 on 04-25-2007 at 01:07 AM

good idea, but I think I have a script for this before.

RE: [idea] Periodically modify personal message by Voldemort on 04-25-2007 at 01:12 AM

Nice idea, yet the psm thing will not work, the way this is updated would prevent it, as it is updated every few minutes or so.

RE: [idea] Periodically modify personal message by Crabby on 04-25-2007 at 01:21 AM

Ok, how long is the period exactly?

RE: [idea] Periodically modify personal message by Spunky on 04-26-2007 at 02:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by arrow88
good idea, but I think I have a script for this before.

PSM+ could do it (until my PC died and I lost everything...) Now everyone is stuck with a really out-dated release.

quote:
Originally posted by Crabby
seeing as it will be visible by all up-to-date messenger clients

It would be visible by anything that can see your PSM (and you could even get it to change your name instead... which might get annoying)
RE: [idea] Periodically modify personal message by Felu on 04-26-2007 at 02:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Crabby
Ok, how long is the period exactly?
15-20 seconds.
RE: [idea] Periodically modify personal message by Volv on 04-27-2007 at 07:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
15-20 seconds.
That's not too bad for most things, although advertising might need something a little faster =/

PS: The idea is great Crabby :D Sucks there's limitations :(