Shoutbox

Login - say's not valid but it is - IM GOING CRAZY - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Login - say's not valid but it is - IM GOING CRAZY (/showthread.php?tid=73898)

Login - say's not valid but it is - IM GOING CRAZY by kc7brown on 04-25-2007 at 04:13 AM

I cannot login to Live! Messenger on my home computer.  I DO have a valid .NET password (it says I don't).  This morning I had to reset my myspace and Yahoo! passwords due to possible phishing.  After that I cannot login to L!M or Y!M. 

The kicker?  I can login, send, and receive messages on my cell phone with the new password!!!  Just not my home computer.

Someone please, please help me before I lose my mind totally.  I know it must be a cookie/temp file/history type setting.  And I also have a Master Password set with Firefox.  I just don't know where to start!

I CAN login to Yahoo! Mail, and I CAN login to the support page for the .NET Service.  Everything is fine according to them!

RE: Login - say's not valid but it is - IM GOING CRAZY by MattyRid on 04-25-2007 at 05:21 AM

did you change the password, if you have messenger store it for you without you having to put it in each time?

RE: Login - say's not valid but it is - IM GOING CRAZY by kc7brown on 04-25-2007 at 05:25 AM

I had the password in, and let it auto sign-in each time.

RE: Login - say's not valid but it is - IM GOING CRAZY by MattyRid on 04-25-2007 at 05:27 AM

then you need to change that password as well...untick "remember my password", input your new password and then retick "remember my password".

See if that helps.

RE: Login - say's not valid but it is - IM GOING CRAZY by kc7brown on 04-25-2007 at 05:44 AM

It's still not working, I have changed my password with Live! Support and I can't login!

RE: Login - say's not valid but it is - IM GOING CRAZY by MattyRid on 04-25-2007 at 05:54 AM

then it's one for the messenger support team to handle, because it probably got to do with how Windows Live Messenger connects to the server.

RE: Login - say's not valid but it is - IM GOING CRAZY by kc7brown on 04-25-2007 at 04:33 PM

Still did not figure it out, but I did set up BellSouth Messenger service and it will allow me to access both my Yahoo and MSN accounts/contacts.  Will have to do for now.