Shoutbox

CO2 Saver - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: CO2 Saver (/showthread.php?tid=73941)

CO2 Saver by Supersonicdarky on 04-26-2007 at 08:48 PM

http://co2saver.snap.com/

quote:
Originally posted by the site
CO2 Saver is a lightweight program that manages your computer's power usage when it's idle, saving energy and decreasing the demand on your power utility.

The less electricity produced, the fewer harmful emissions and greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide (CO2) are released into the atmosphere.
[Image: toolbar-demo-0001.jpg]
RE: CO2 Saver by MicroWay on 04-27-2007 at 12:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
The less electricity produced, the fewer harmful emissions and greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide (CO2) are released into the atmosphere.

And in case of Hydreletric??? :P (just a joke)
Interesting idea of the program (and a little "marketing" too) :)

Anyway... Thanks for the program advice!!! ;)

RE: CO2 Saver by Rolando on 04-27-2007 at 03:19 AM

Nice, I'll try it out :)

RE: CO2 Saver by albert on 04-27-2007 at 03:21 AM

Why nit?!

RE: CO2 Saver by prashker on 04-27-2007 at 03:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alby
Why nit?!

wha :p?
RE: CO2 Saver by wj on 04-27-2007 at 05:30 AM

Love the spyware! You know they get paid for you using the Google Search built into there :-P And those numbers are BS! At best it's an average considering it has no way of knowing how much energy your compuer is drawing.

If you really want to help the enviroment, setup your computer to properly use S3 Sleep :-P

RE: CO2 Saver by Curtis on 04-27-2007 at 05:39 AM

Or, I can just not install any extra crap, because I don't care about the environment. :D

RE: CO2 Saver by Kenji on 04-27-2007 at 05:41 AM

pfft, that crap dont even work, i left my computer for about 5 hours and it was the same as when i left it >.>

RE: CO2 Saver by Plik on 04-27-2007 at 09:55 AM

It seems that CO2 and carbon are the new buzz words these days and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon >.<
Im not saying there isn't a problem, but it getting annoyed by all this companys jumping up and down screaming about carbon footprints, when they probably are causing more waste by exisiting than the waste they are claiming to reduce ¬¬
[/rant]

RE: CO2 Saver by Volv on 04-27-2007 at 10:05 AM

You know, reducing your computer's electricity usage doesnt reduce the amount of electricity being produced at power plants. Generated electricity can't really be stored and whether it is actually used or not doesnt make a difference to CO2 emissions from its production...