Shoutbox

Live Messenger 8.1 - Problems adding emoticons. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Live Messenger 8.1 - Problems adding emoticons. (/showthread.php?tid=74005)

Live Messenger 8.1 - Problems adding emoticons. by mikef2k1 on 04-28-2007 at 08:55 PM

I just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista and Live Messenger 8.1 installed. I am having trouble adding custom emoticons using the right click function.

First I kept getting the "copy" right click menu instead of the "add" right click menu. Now I am getting the "add" menu but the emoticon is an empty square, regardless of anything.

Anyone have any clue on what is happening here? I am considering reinstalling Live Messenger but I am afraid that I will lose the small quantity of emoticons I was able to add.

RE: Live Messenger 8.1 - Problems adding emoticons. by MattyRid on 04-28-2007 at 09:01 PM

What sort of Firewall are you using? Have you allowed Messenger in your Firewalls allow list?

RE: Live Messenger 8.1 - Problems adding emoticons. by mikef2k1 on 04-28-2007 at 09:13 PM

I have Norton Internet Security 2007, which came with my PC with a 30 day trial subscription. Apparently there is no restriction with MSN.

RE: Live Messenger 8.1 - Problems adding emoticons. by MattyRid on 04-28-2007 at 09:15 PM

try disabling it and see if it does make a difference, I'm hoping it does but we'll just have to wait and see.

RE: Live Messenger 8.1 - Problems adding emoticons. by mikef2k1 on 04-29-2007 at 10:15 PM

I dissabled it still having the problem.

RE: Live Messenger 8.1 - Problems adding emoticons. by Steel Froggy on 05-02-2007 at 04:09 AM

hahaha, I (accidentally) disabled people from adding my emotes.
That might be the problem... or is it w/all your contacts?