Shoutbox

Sug.-Tag like "Patchou has read this thread's latest post" at top of a thread - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Sug.-Tag like "Patchou has read this thread's latest post" at top of a thread (/showthread.php?tid=74017)

Sug.-Tag like "Patchou has read this thread's latest post" at top of a thread by ahmetgns on 04-29-2007 at 09:34 AM

I searched the forum but couldn't find anything like this, maybe this has been suggested before, if so sorry.

I want a tag like the one above at the tops of threads in order to be sure about Patchou visited that thread and aware of the bug reports and suggestions and whatelse. It would be good especially for the subforums under "Messenger Plus! Live Extension" because when some suggestions were not implemented, I can't be sure whether Patchou has seen it and didn't like the idea or he has not been aware of that suggestion even. Also for bug reports, it would be good to know whether Patchou has seen the report and will fix it.

This will compromise the privacy of Patchou but I am sure he will make the sacrifices for the sake of his product. Thus, also newcomers would leave asking about whether the developer read this thread or not.

Any ideas?

RE: Sug.-Tag like "Patchou has read this thread's latest post" at top of a thread by Eljay on 04-29-2007 at 09:40 AM

If for example you post a bug report and Patchou reads the post and fixes it, I'm sure he would just post a reply.
Pointless feature in my opinion.

RE: Sug.-Tag like "Patchou has read this thread's latest post" at top of a thread by MattyRid on 04-29-2007 at 09:46 AM

Sounds to similar to that bug reports suggestion that was posted a while back...wouldn't be very effective though, as I'm sure people would forget to do it and wouldn't even bother doing it...all users want is an answer and that's it and because users fail to use the search feature as it is, why implement something like this?

RE: Sug.-Tag like "Patchou has read this thread's latest post" at top of a thread by Sunshine on 04-29-2007 at 09:49 AM

So you really wish for Patchou to post in every thread or edit the top post title to make clear he read it? Do you even know how busy he is? Besides, he doesn't have to tell wether or not he likes a suggestion made, if he thinks it's good he will implement it if possible (technically, time wise and if it doesn't bloat the program too much)..if not well then too bad. It's no biggie to file a suggestion again for a later version either.

Please put a little trust in the man!

RE: Sug.-Tag like "Patchou has read this thread's latest post" at top of a thread by Chrono on 04-29-2007 at 09:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
So you really wish for Patchou to post in every thread or edit the top post title to make clear he read it?
He probably meant doing it automatically, sunshine :P

Doesnt patchou read all threads there anyway? 8-)
RE: Sug.-Tag like "Patchou has read this thread's latest post" at top of a thread by WDZ on 04-29-2007 at 09:55 AM

lol... a Patchou-stalking feature! :zippy:

I'd implement that if Patchou asked me to, but it seems rather ridiculous. :p

RE: Sug.-Tag like "Patchou has read this thread's latest post" at top of a thread by Sunshine on 04-29-2007 at 09:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
So you really wish for Patchou to post in every thread or edit the top post title to make clear he read it?
He probably meant doing it automatically, sunshine :P
Pffttt, that's insane...how would he like every post tagged he himself read (yes you ahmetgns)? Besides an automated tag wouldn't necessarily mean he actually read it..he could have clicked the thread then had to walk away or close it for whatever reason...
quote:
Doesnt patchou read all threads there anyway? 8-)
Yah i'm sure he reads them, that's why i said to put a little trust in Patchou ;)