Shoutbox

A little begging goes a long way? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: A little begging goes a long way? (/showthread.php?tid=74029)

A little begging goes a long way? by Vazza on 04-29-2007 at 07:33 PM

Well....I normally don't do this sort of thing but I thought I would give it a go this  year to see what happens.

On the 24th May myself and my mum along with another few hundred will be taking part in Cancer Research UK's Race For Life. It's a 5km course which in my case is once round Strathclyde Country Park (Little info). I'll be taking part in honour of my dad, a surviver, who I only learned last year had had cancer.

So you've probably guessed what I'm going to ask. If anyone would like to sponsor me then you can do so online using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Delta or Solo (probably the last 2 don't apply outside of Britain) by clicking here or I am accepting paypal payments too (pm for details):p

Thanks in advance
Vhari x

RE: A little begging goes a long way? by Discrate on 04-29-2007 at 10:05 PM

Doesnt look like anyone is willing :( If i had the money i would sponser you, good luck with the run :)

RE: A little begging goes a long way? by prashker on 04-29-2007 at 10:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
If i had the money i would sponser you, good luck with the run :)

RE: A little begging goes a long way? by Vazza on 04-30-2007 at 03:58 PM

Well I thought I'd give people a chance because I know that if I come back here after it and say that I done it that there may be complaints because I didn't say.

RE: A little begging goes a long way? by 1992 bbz on 04-30-2007 at 04:48 PM

hey gud luck wid da run grl xox

RE: RE: A little begging goes a long way? by CookieRevised on 05-01-2007 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
Doesnt look like anyone is willing :( If i had the money i would sponser you, good luck with the run :)
It just has been posted, the run isnt till the end of the month. Who says nobody is willing? Maybe nobody (or not many) saw this thread. eg: I just only saw this thread now...

(and with this like to bump it)

And I also think someone from the uk should take part in the run as a Plus! Community representative (wearing the Plus! shirt of course) :p ;)
RE: A little begging goes a long way? by saralk on 05-01-2007 at 08:29 PM

Will definatly sponsor you tomorrow, don't have my card handy at the moment.

(It says a lot that you are willing to do a massive run for cancer, and I am too lazy to walk about 10 metres to my bedroom to get my card :[)

RE: RE: A little begging goes a long way? by Discrate on 05-01-2007 at 09:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
Will definatly sponsor you tomorrow, don't have my card handy at the moment.

(It says a lot that you are willing to do a massive run for cancer, and I am too lazy to walk about 10 metres to my bedroom to get my card :[)

* Discrate claps
RE: A little begging goes a long way? by Nagamasa on 05-01-2007 at 09:59 PM

If I had the money, I would sponsor you, and good luck on the run!

And thanks saralk for donating. :D

RE: A little begging goes a long way? by Vazza on 05-02-2007 at 10:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

And I also think someone from the uk should take part in the run as a Plus! Community representative (wearing the Plus! shirt of course) :p ;)

Well I would do it as I'm currently wearing this years one and to be honest I'm not entirely impressed with it (the picture is not me but I might post one laster this afternoon of me)
[Image: baggytshirtlargeqm9.th.jpg]

I actually have two t-shirts on the way but whether or not they will be here in time that is another question.

But thanks to those who have already donated to the cause :)

* Vazza goes to prepare some eBay listings for RFL and to prepare or this afternoon's training session

EDIT: As promised, here me wearing the above tshirt
[Image: meeeeux6.th.jpg]
RE: A little begging goes a long way? by Vazza on 05-25-2007 at 08:26 AM

*I have a feeling that I'm going to get shouted at for double posting, but it saves me starting a new one :)*

Anyways, last night (24/5/07) was the event and I'm not convinced that there was as many as last year (despite numbers being high too!). I'll keep this short, I'll get around to posting full details on my many blogs around the place :p Basically we managed to finish it in an hour, with me twisting my knee at approx 500m from the end!

I just want to thank those that took the time to donate to the cause. By last night, my mum and I had raised 300 GBP between us. If anyone still wants to donate, you can do so online until 07/06/07 at the link in my sig (which funnily enough says Race For Life 2007) or if by paypal, send me a pm for details

And for those that wanted pictures:

[Image: rfl2007wpinsox3.th.jpg]

I sat up last night to put them all together (comments and all)

RE: A little begging goes a long way? by CookieRevised on 05-25-2007 at 09:10 AM

* CookieRevised congratules Vazza (y)(y)(y)

I hope your knee is ok though. Sounds like painfull 500m...
I'll check out the photos now...

EDIT: imagecheck is dead slow atm :(
nice collage :D

RE: A little begging goes a long way? by Vazza on 05-25-2007 at 10:10 AM

It was but I was determined to finish it. I hadn't come all that way to stop there and then. At least I have today off to try and recover.

I've also hosted the picture on deviantART just in case imageshack decides to just stop dead at any point :)

RE: A little begging goes a long way? by absorbation on 05-25-2007 at 02:45 PM

I'm glad it went well :P

RE: A little begging goes a long way? by Vazza on 05-26-2007 at 09:20 PM

Well the weather could have been a little better but I shouldn't complain too much. At least it was dry :)

I wrote a slightly extended version of events on my blog (Where you can see how much my total is sitting at at the moment)

Oh and some advanced warning: I probably will be doing it again next year so expect something similar around this time next year :p

RE: A little begging goes a long way? by Phillip on 05-27-2007 at 12:12 AM

Aww I never even seen this thread otherwise I would have loved to sponsor you.

RE: A little begging goes a long way? by Vazza on 05-28-2007 at 10:10 PM

Well, my mum and I worked it out tonight. Our grand total (so far) is £387.63. So that means as an individual I require £59.37 to reach my target.  I've got a fortnight to do it. If interested in donating (those who have are excluded)please contact me.