Shoutbox

[Request] Get all contact list DPs on sign in - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Get all contact list DPs on sign in (/showthread.php?tid=74051)

[Request] Get all contact list DPs on sign in by riahc4 on 04-30-2007 at 03:39 PM

A nice script would be that once you sign in, the scripts forcely downloads all the DPs from all your contacts and thus all contacts in the contact list have a DP (unless of course that person doesn't have a DP). I know its bandwidth consuming but hey some of us have bandwidth to spare.

RE: [Request] Get all contact list DPs on sign in by Spunky on 05-01-2007 at 02:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Scripting Documentation
If no display picture is currently associated to this contact, the property returns an empty string.

This may mean that it will just return empty rather than forcing messenger to update the DP as MP!L only "fetches" the DP from a cache folder used by Messenger. If the file has not been downloaded by Messenger, then there is no DP associated with the contact
RE: [Request] Get all contact list DPs on sign in by Felu on 05-01-2007 at 03:00 PM

But i guess he meant to download the DPs from the server just like Messenger does.  Won't be very difficult if you can find out how messenger does. I believe that either Plus! or Messenger Discovery Live downloads contact details from WLM's servers. We might be able to download the DPs in the same way.

RE: [Request] Get all contact list DPs on sign in by Spunky on 05-01-2007 at 03:08 PM

I think they may use a DLL to send a message through the protocol for the server to send the DP to the client... I just don't think it can be done in a script... (well, a simple script at least)

RE: [Request] Get all contact list DPs on sign in by CookieRevised on 05-01-2007 at 08:52 PM

Why would you need the DPs?

What I mean is, if you set Messenger to display DPs in the contact list, it will already automatically update them as soon as they become 'available'.

If you don't show the DPs in the contact list, I dunno why you would need the DPs, until you open a conversation (on which that point, the DP will again be updated already if available).