Shoutbox

please help!! "show what i'm listening to" isn't working!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: please help!! "show what i'm listening to" isn't working!! (/showthread.php?tid=74070)

please help!! "show what i'm listening to" isn't working!! by carolp890 on 05-01-2007 at 05:07 AM

even if i click on the personal message to "show what i'm listening to" it won't show the song!! i tried re-installing messenger but it still won't work. please help!! -carol

RE: please help!! "show what i'm listening to" isn't working!! by MattyRid on 05-01-2007 at 05:10 AM

what program do you use to play music?

RE: please help!! "show what i'm listening to" isn't working!! by MeEtc on 05-01-2007 at 05:13 AM

If you are using the now Playing script that comes with Plus, make sure you have checked the "Enable updating your Personal..." on the PSM tab of the Now Playing config

RE: please help!! "show what i'm listening to" isn't working!! by tanbouz on 05-01-2007 at 09:48 AM

Contacts can't see your music
To share song information with your contacts, you must have Windows Live Messenger and Windows Media Player configured to work together.
To configure Messenger:
. Select Tools, and then click Options.
. In the left pane, click Personal.
. Under My Display Name, select the Show song information from Windows Media Player as a personal message check box.
. Click OK.
. After configuring Messenger, you need to configure Windows Media Player to work with Messenger.

To configure Windows Media Player version 11:
. Start Windows Media Player.
. Click Now Playing.
. Under the Plug-ins menu, click Options.
. In the left pane, click Background.
. In the right pane, select Windows Live Messenger Music Plug-in.
. Click OK.

For all other versions of Windows Media Player:
. Start Windows Media Player.
. Select Tools, and then click Options.
. Click Plug-ins.
. In the left pane, click Background.
. In the right pane, select Windows Live Messenger Music Plug-in.
. Click OK.