Shoutbox

[Release] Web2Live - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] Web2Live (/showthread.php?tid=74073)

[Release] Web2Live by markee on 05-01-2007 at 06:39 AM

Well, NanaFreak and I heard the other day about TB not bringing back Web2Messenger and realised how disappointed a lot of people were going to be because of this (source: Messenger Stuff).  So as a bit of a resolution to this problem we have decided to start work on something similar (using a script rather than a bot. We do realise the limitation by doing this but have justified reasoning that will be talked about on our FAQ page eventually).  Now we don't want to give too much away, but it is going to be run differently and probably won't look the same either (neither of us really had much association with W2M because of it always being down).

So far things are going good with the coding, the hardest part is getting NanaFreak to stop playing Counter Strike: Source and to help me work on this.

* NanaFreak slaps markee (he's sitting beside me as I write this :tongue:)

Anyway, back on topic.... so we have talked to a few different people on the forum about different things to do with this and we should be fairly well set we think, with one exception.... we need a design for the site.  We decided to run a little competition where we select what we feel to be the best and most appropriate.  Anyone with designing skills are invited to join in and (if the admin's allow for this) post a suggested screen shot of what it would look like (no need to code any CSS, just draw a picture will be fine... and nothing done in paint with just the black pen, ok Sammy?).

As for the prize for winning we will allow the person to join in our testing if they wish (or pass the invitation on to someone else of their choosing if they so desire).

We will be giving more details about the testing schedule and features later, we don't see this as being a small project and we want a solid base before releasing this publically.  I hope everyone is excited as us about this whole thing.

PS. The name we have chosen (for the time being at least) is Web2Live, but we weren't sure if that was too close to Web2Messenger....  If you have a better suggestion then go ahead and tell us, it is greatly appreciated.

PPS. Please do not just spam this thread, I'm sure there are going to be a lot of people looking here for information about this and I think they (like us) would prefer not to have to rummage through numerous posts that are not useful before getting to decent information.  Thanks.

EDIT: Places are open, but there are only 250 400 at the moment, so you have to get in quick before they are all taken. No need to worry about limitted places with a large dedicated server, not until we have HEAPS and HEAPS.  Go to the Web2Live homepage and follow the register link to sign up.  Enjoy and use responsibly :P
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by vaccination on 05-01-2007 at 07:08 AM

I came up with the name (H)

Anywho, I would design a website but I'm not too good :P - maybe I'll try if I get bored =p

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by MattyRid on 05-01-2007 at 07:16 AM

Sounds Great that's for sure...and I'm sure it will please most old Web2Messenger users...and I was one :P

Web2Live (W2L)...sounds like a good name name to me, especially seeing it's specific for users with windows live messenger and messenger plus! live.

Hope it all goes well for you guys!

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Matti on 05-01-2007 at 07:43 AM

This sounds like a great project! :D So, if I understand correctly, this script will interact between Messenger and your web server to transfer information?

I'm on for the design! I can eventually make the base HTML too, so you just have to implement your PHP codes and stuff.
And if you want me to, I'd love to join the testers, or perhaps, the developers team. :)

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Thor on 05-01-2007 at 07:49 AM

Nice, I hope this will be a project with a nice result! :D
I can't start making a complete fresh design, but I can help with the CSS and HTML itself. :)
Good luck! (Y)

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by NanaFreak on 05-01-2007 at 08:29 AM

For those of you who are wondering about the more intricate details, here is a little more information about this project....

quote:
Originally posted by markee to Mattike
basically what the script side does is do roughly what the bot did, it sends the username, psm, status and that stuff to a data base. then with NF's PHP we will display a signature and their avatar (if they want) and then messages can be sent back to the person through a form and this will be regularly checked with the script on the person's computer.  it isn't as thorough as what W2M was with being able to update instantaneously and you can't update your signature and such without the plus script, but their is also justified reasoning behind not being able to do that too (you dont really want to check your new messages when a friend is with you or on your mobile) and if you do then we will have a page set up for that so you can check your messages wherever you have an internet connection.  This method should be less resource hungry on the server too.  Sometimes we just need to make a bit of a sacrifice for this to be a long running and feasible endeavor.

oh and just for you guys, i can code html and css alright 8-)
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Matti on 05-01-2007 at 08:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
Okay then. :)

My attempt, trying to stay in the Messenger Plus! Live feeling:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=813224]
RE: RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Volv on 05-01-2007 at 09:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
quote:
Okay then. :)

My attempt, trying to stay in the Messenger Plus! Live feeling:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=813224]

I really like that design Mattike (lol @ the watermark - I'm sure if someone wanted to steal it it wouldnt be too difficult to remove the watermarks :p) but it seems a bit plain - it needs something more but I'm not quite sure what...

Also, great idea markee & NanaFreak (Y) I hope it all works out!
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Felu on 05-01-2007 at 10:07 AM

I'll do the php script for displaying the signature image :cheesy:

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Thor on 05-01-2007 at 10:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
NanaFreak has already made that! :cheesy:

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by NanaFreak on 05-01-2007 at 10:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
quote:
tru.dat :cheesy:

oh and thanks heaps volv for you help too <3
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Matti on 05-01-2007 at 11:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
I really like that design Mattike (lol @ the watermark - I'm sure if someone wanted to steal it it wouldnt be too difficult to remove the watermarks :p) but it seems a bit plain - it needs something more but I'm not quite sure what...
Well, I know it's still quite simple but I didn't want to create a complete site design, just a base for the rest of the design. I think the navigation could be a little more customized (like a background image for "Navigation" and "My Account") and the news items could use a container, but that's something for the coding! :P And if NanaFreak wants to do this in CSS, he first has to build the basics! ;)

And yes, that watermark is easy to remove, but it'll stop noobs stealing my ideas (not that my ideas are that great). :)
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by aNILEator on 05-01-2007 at 12:40 PM

http://www.msgstuff.com/news/post/275/

(H)

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Felu on 05-01-2007 at 12:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
quote:
But it doesn't support Plus tags :(. I made one with the help of Mattike. Just will need to edit a little :P.
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Salem on 05-01-2007 at 01:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
...We have decided to start work on something similar (using a script rather than a bot. We do realise the limitation by doing this but have justified reasoning that will be talked about on our FAQ page eventually).  Now we don't want to give too much away, but it is going to be run differently and probably won't look the same either (neither of us really had much association with W2M because of it always being down).

Excellent idea guys. I've been waiting for a while to have an alternative to W2M, it was great while it lasted.

Look forward to it, lemme know if you need help testing;)

~Salem(@)
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by absorbation on 05-01-2007 at 03:03 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=813267]

I wonder if NanaFreak really wrote the whole of that comment. Eh Nile? :P

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Felu on 05-01-2007 at 03:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
[img][attachment][/img]

I wonder if NanaFreak really wrote that whole of that comment. Eh Nile? :P
Lol you forgot the attachment :P. I read the comment too :O. Someone else might have posted it :tongue:.
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by absorbation on 05-01-2007 at 03:32 PM

quote:
Lol you forgot the attachment (Smilie). I read the comment too (Smilie). Someone else might have posted it (Smilie).

That or some dodgy admin edited the comment (a).
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by user35870 on 05-01-2007 at 03:50 PM

Sounds Good, hope it all goes well.

quote:
That or some dodgy admin edited the comment (Smilie).

* user35870 checks teh admin logs.
RE: RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by the andyman on 05-01-2007 at 03:51 PM

Good luck with the whole project :P

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by markee to Mattike
basically what the script side does is do roughly what the bot did, it sends the username, psm, status and that stuff to a data base. then with NF's PHP we will display a signature and their avatar (if they want) and then messages can be sent back to the person through a form and this will be regularly checked with the script on the person's computer.

So just to clarify does it upload DPs as well?

quote:
That or some dodgy admin edited the comment (Smilie).
No evidence of it in the log and you're the only one with access to the DB 8-)
Edit: one step ahead of you Chris ;)
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by aNILEator on 05-01-2007 at 05:21 PM

why would i call nanafreak gay :P

He gave me nice comments on my dog video and persuaded me to post the news (H)

and yes i've not edited the comments only chris and andyman :O

* aNILEator passes the buck (mo)

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Nathan on 05-01-2007 at 05:26 PM

Meh it'd be easy for plus tags to work use this:

Depends on what you want so ill give you  2versions:

code:

$wlm_plus_tags = str_ireplace('[b]', '<b>', $wlm_plus_tags);

^^ with that way you have to close it off with another line and it doesnt check for if they've left the tag open

however the next one does

code:

$wlm_plus_tags = eregi_replace('<b>\\1</b>', '\[b]([^\[]+)\[/b]', $text);

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Felu on 05-01-2007 at 05:35 PM

How would <b> made text bold 8-)? What about gradients :P?

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Nathan on 05-01-2007 at 05:40 PM

No read what I said:

quote:
^^ with that way you have to close it off with another line and it doesnt check for if they've left the tag open

And just too please you:

code:

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by aNILEator on 05-01-2007 at 09:05 PM

make sure you do better than microsoft and fix the party emoticon detection :P

:o) <:o) you can tell the difference ;)

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Nathan on 05-01-2007 at 09:10 PM

BTW:
If anyone needs/wants my help I will be greatfull to help :)
I will secure up the code as well and I can help in general.
Just PM me  :)

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by NanaFreak on 05-01-2007 at 09:16 PM

* NanaFreak slaps whoever did that fake comment on msgstuff around a bit with a large trout.

thanks guys for not saying that we shouldnt do it :cheesy: and thanks for your offer to help, we may need it later

quote:
Originally posted by the andyman
So just to clarify does it upload DPs as well?
yes your DP will be on our server so that it will be in the signature (it will be kinda, not the same, as what i currently have in my sig)

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
make sure you do better than microsoft and fix the party emoticon detection
hahahahha kk i will :P
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by markee on 05-01-2007 at 09:49 PM

For those of you wondering about text formatting and why we are not going to include it I will give you two reasons.

1. Plus only gives the first 129 characters of the Display Name and PSM and may truncate ending codes off.
  2. Text colouring may conflict with background colouring, making it difficult to see
  3. Gradients would require some kind of loop and would make for more server processing, enough of which will be done to generate all of the signatures.  We want to minimise this as much as possible to be able to allow everyone access to this facility rather than having it all limitted like W2M
This is one of the limitations that we realise and will talk about on our FAQ page.... maybe we should start on that sooner rather than later with all these questions....

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
Hmmmm,

I suppose I could supply a server, 2TB of b/w will have no problem
Thanks for the offer of the use of servers to those who have offered, (Dempsey and Nathan that I know of) we will just keep a note of them for now.  At the moment we are just going to use our current server a little while we just get the basics working, but we may come talk to you guys later about it some more.  It is really nice to know that we have your support.
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Nathan on 05-01-2007 at 09:51 PM

Hmmmm,

I suppose I could supply a server, 2TB of b/w will have no problem

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by absorbation on 05-01-2007 at 10:02 PM

I had a similar project last summer. However it really does get big, and that was just the website part. If you have the time go for it, I know I didn't :).

It was called Project BananaPhone of all names :zippy:

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by -dt- on 05-02-2007 at 04:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
Meh it'd be easy for plus tags to work use this:

Depends on what you want so ill give you  2versions:

code:

however the next one does

code:

$wlm_plus_tags = eregi_replace('<b>\\1</b>', '\[b]([^\[]+)\[/b]', $text);

:-/ im pretty sure people were talking about text coloring in images :P also that reg exp is pure dodgyness and the parameters for eregi_replace are wrong : <

quote:
Originally posted by from php.net

string eregi_replace ( string $pattern, string $replacement, string $string )

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by markee on 05-02-2007 at 11:55 AM

So is anyone else going to help us with a design or is Mattike just going to become a tester by default.... 8-)

* markee is very impatient....

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Matti on 05-02-2007 at 12:24 PM

As for the format codes in a signature, I once made a PHP script supporting [b], [i], [u], [c=...][/c] and [c=...][/c..]. Unfortunately, I messed it up and now my status signature doesn't work anymore. But the source code can still be found here, if you might need it.

And yes, I want to see some other designs! Concurrence results in better products, remember that! ;)

quote:
or is Mattike just going to become a tester by default.... 8-)
Even without making a design, I think NanaFreak is going to ask me for testing it. :P
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by markee on 05-02-2007 at 12:43 PM

I don't know why you guys continue to talk about the formatting using tags and such, I already gave my three (very justified) reasons why we will not implement such a thing and it is due to our limitations.  I am very sorry to disappoint you but that is just how it is for now at least, this might change later depending on how we feel on the matter.

I thank you for your source code Mattike and I also like the discussion and enthusiasm, but removing format codes is a much nicer (I would almost say "prettier" but it sounds a little poofy) and safer option in my opinion given the reasons I outlined in the earlier post.

The main reason why NanaFreak and I even revealed our ideas of this now was that we wanted to start creating the website and have that running quickly with what should be the finished design (minor changes are always going to happen).  This way we can write up our FAQ page and such and give you more detailed information on how everything is going to look and also think about starting our testing....  I do hope you guys/girls can help us out.

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Felu on 05-02-2007 at 01:02 PM

quote:
As for the format codes in a signature, I once made a PHP script supporting [b], [i], [u], [c=...][/c] and [c=...][/c..]. Unfortunately, I messed it up and now my status signature doesn't work anymore. But the source code can still be found here, if you might need it.
You gave it to me long ago when it was used with W2M, that was how i learned and made one with your code as an example :P.
RE: RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Volv on 05-02-2007 at 02:40 PM

Here's (in the attachment) a random web layout which I was creating but never really got around to completing - it seemed a bit too plain and bright for any uses I had so I didnt bother making it look decent, but it's just a bit of a concept which I thought someone may or may not want to build upon...

EDIT: removed the quote which was completely unrelated to my post and somehow ended up here (wtf lol)

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by hmaster on 05-02-2007 at 03:16 PM

Good news :), shame the web2messenger went down. I'll make up a design :D!

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Matti on 05-02-2007 at 03:50 PM

quote:
I thank you for your source code Mattike and I also like the discussion and enthusiasm, but removing format codes is a much nicer (I would almost say "prettier" but it sounds a little poofy) and safer option in my opinion given the reasons I outlined in the earlier post.
I totally understand your point, but just tell us you're going to provide an XML version of the stats, like Status2FTP. I know it'd be considered as 'stealing' a feature, but remember that not everyone has their own FTP server! ;)
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by NanaFreak on 05-02-2007 at 09:03 PM

quote:
quote:
I totally understand your point, but just tell us you're going to provide an XML version of the stats, like Status2FTP. I know it'd be considered as 'stealing' a feature, but remember that not everyone has their own FTP server! ;)
we arent using an xml, it is going to be saved into my MySQL database... and the DP's will be uploaded our special way.

Volv: thats an awesome desing but i kinda dont think that it would suit our website... but thanks for trying ;o
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Matti on 05-03-2007 at 04:02 PM

quote:
we arent using an xml, it is going to be saved into my MySQL database... and the DP's will be uploaded our special way.
But, but... you are going to give us an textual version of the statistics, right? Like you could with W2M, there was a http://www.web2messenger.com/status/User.xml file which provided the collected information... can't you do something similar or will we have to keep using Status2FTP for that?

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Dempsey on 05-03-2007 at 04:20 PM

BTW - I hope you didn't like th Web2Live name too much, considering .com/net/info are all taken :P

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Matti on 05-03-2007 at 04:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
BTW - I hope you didn't like th Web2Live name too much, considering .com/net/info are all taken :P
web2live.org seems to be available and since it's a non-profit project, I think it'd suit it good. Go and register it! :P (unless you're going to host it on your sub-domain...)
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by vaccination on 05-03-2007 at 06:48 PM

web2live.kernke.org? :cheesy:

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by prashker on 05-03-2007 at 06:57 PM

Just a suggestion, if you find a name, .info domains are going for 1$/year at GoDaddy.com :)

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Menthix on 05-03-2007 at 07:32 PM

.info domains look so spammy :(... And the are 0.33$ somewhere else where all the spammers get them from.

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by NanaFreak on 05-03-2007 at 08:48 PM

quote:
quote:
But, but... you are going to give us an textual version of the statistics, right? Like you could with W2M, there was a http://www.web2messenger.com/status/User.xml file which provided the collected information... can't you do something similar or will we have to keep using Status2FTP for that?
umm yea i guess i could do that with a little php ;P
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by prashker on 05-03-2007 at 09:22 PM

I call beta testing (a).

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by NanaFreak on 05-03-2007 at 09:28 PM

lol sammeh thats like a while away still, and you gotta prove that you can do it :rolleyes: make a design... im like almost done making a html version of mattike's :P

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by prashker on 05-03-2007 at 09:45 PM

quote:
lol sammeh thats like a while away still, and you gotta prove that you can do it :rolleyes: make a design... im like almost done making a html version of mattike's :P

Psh, I deserve Alpha testing with no pre-work required.

Im SonicSam Bitch ¬¬
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by NanaFreak on 05-04-2007 at 02:16 PM

Well seeing as you guys are to lazy to make my another design, i have made a simple mockup of Mattike's into a html version. you can view the index page as well as the FAQ page for now as we have only just finished work on making the design right :P (well not fully still need a few things)

you are able to get to the website here

i hope you like it :)

ps: for those of you useing the gay IE imagine the design in the middle of the page :P

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Wally on 05-04-2007 at 02:21 PM

that design owns :P cant wait

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by snAke_LeAder on 05-04-2007 at 02:32 PM

i want test this

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by CookieRevised on 05-04-2007 at 02:35 PM

I realize this is probably way too late, but a name like Web2Live does not reflect what you want to do at all.

The reason being (and taking into consideration everybody associates "Live" with the Microsoft branding) that "Live" does not mean or isn't only linked to Messenger in any way. "Live" is part of the name of over 50 products of microsoft of which Messenger is only a small one.

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by markee on 05-04-2007 at 02:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I realize this is probably way too late, but a name like Web2Live does not reflect what you want to do at all.

The reason being (and taking into consideration everybody associates "Live" with the Microsoft branding) that "Live" doe not mean or is only linked to Messenger in any way. "Live" is part of the name of over 50 products of microsoft of which Messenger is only a small one.
No it is not too late, it has just been the only reasonable name anyone has suggested so far.  If someone would like to come up with a better name then be my guest and tell us, but as for now I think it is the best, maybe someone else has a creative brain out there for this kind of thing.  We just thought it was best to put a name in so people can use that to help them remember what we are talking about rather than just referig to it as something like "project X".... which might sound alright....

* markee starts contemplating Web2Plus....
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by CookieRevised on 05-04-2007 at 02:43 PM

web2wlm, web2im, web2mess, web2msgr, dunno

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by NanaFreak on 05-04-2007 at 02:45 PM

* NanaFreak hands cookie a book "How To Be Creative 101"

lol

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
web2thatmicrsoftthingyouchaton
* NanaFreak slaps MenthiX around a bit with a large trout.
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Menthix on 05-04-2007 at 02:47 PM

web2thatmicrsoftthingyouchaton

RE: RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Salem on 05-04-2007 at 02:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
web2wlm, web2im, web2mess, web2msgr, dunno

yeh i think Web2Mess is the best one
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by duck! on 05-04-2007 at 03:29 PM

web2plus sounds good :P
Looks great atm! (Y)

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Matti on 05-04-2007 at 04:05 PM

@site: I like the way you've implemented my idea, but there are some things I'd like to tell you:

• "Navigation" is spelled with an "i" after the "v".
  • I think the minimize and close [i]"buttons"[i] are out of place, I think you should simply remove them. :P
  • My name is Mattias! :(
Other than that, good work so far!

And according to the name discussion, I agree that there are better names which are more descriptive, but then you can't use that Live slogan! :P
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by joemailey on 05-08-2007 at 11:01 AM

web2live fits imo.

i assumed it was web2live assuming it msger plus live :)

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Volv on 05-08-2007 at 01:29 PM

I dont understand the concept behind the name... Web2Live/Web2Mess/etc = 'Web to Windows Live Messenger', how does that make sense? Shouldn't it be Live2Web or something since the info is going from Messenger to the 'web'?

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by joemailey on 05-08-2007 at 01:59 PM

web2live as u see i assumed it ment messenger plus LIVE

as i knew nanfreak does some scripts for msg plus live.

remember script will do 2 things.

from what i understand.

Send ur status to the website to update your status.

and allow ppl to message you via the web site.

hence web 2 live.

so no matter if u do it live 2 web or web 2 live. it still only covers one part of there idea :)

i like web2live it fits. build on the idea of web2messenger.

so ppl will assume what it is n does.

lets face it does same as web2messenger use to do. well to a degree anyway.

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Volv on 05-09-2007 at 01:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joemailey
Send ur status to the website to update your status.

and allow ppl to message you via the web site.
Ah good point, forgot about that. Thanks :D
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Kenji on 05-11-2007 at 12:22 PM

quote:
Well seeing as you guys are to lazy to make my another design, i have made a simple mockup of Mattike's into a html version. you can view the index page as well as the FAQ page for now as we have only just finished work on making the design right :P (well not fully still need a few things)

you are able to get to the website here

i hope you like it :)

ps: for those of you useing the gay IE imagine the design in the middle of the page :P
Is it just me or is that site incredibly slow? :/
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Nathan on 05-11-2007 at 12:49 PM

Probs a crap server or crap line (to / out of the sever) tbh :P

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by cloudhunter on 05-12-2007 at 02:39 AM

I think the existing name, Web2Live, or Web2Plus.

quote:
the hardest part is getting NanaFreak to stop playing Counter Strike: Source and to help me work on this

Well, when he said bye on MSN earlier, he said he was going to play counterstrike... So that part is accurate ;)

Cloudy
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by NanaFreak on 05-12-2007 at 03:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter

quote:
the hardest part is getting NanaFreak to stop playing Counter Strike: Source and to help me work on this

Well, when he said bye on MSN earlier, he said he was going to play counterstrike... So that part is accurate ;)

Cloudy
haha yea i just played... and i think the name web2live is good, and as for cookie many other script have the live part in them :XP:
RE: RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Discrate on 05-12-2007 at 03:42 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter

quote:

Cloudy
haha yea i just played... and i think the name web2live is good, and as for cookie many other script have the live part in them :XP:

HAHA. Yer web2live is a great name i think.
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by prashker on 05-12-2007 at 03:49 AM

"   Expiration Date: 09-oct-2007"

Go and order web2live.com oct9 2007 :p.

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by vaccination on 05-12-2007 at 08:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazzy

Is it just me or is that site incredibly slow? :/
Fine for me.
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Dempsey on 05-12-2007 at 01:22 PM

Yea the server was slow yesterday,  but should all be running ok now.

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by markee on 05-13-2007 at 12:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
Yea the server was slow yesterday,  but should all be running ok now.
That's not even our fault, we're using a static page :(

* markee waits for the day that Web2Live is going to crash Dempsey's server

Anyway, progress is coming along pretty good, I have been able to force NF into doing some work on it all.  I haven't had my laptop for almost 3 weeks now so I haven't been able to do too much work unfortunately but we are getting there.  I have a little bit of a busy week and I need to do some study for uni before i get too much further behind, but I should be able to fit some coding time in hopefully.  Oh and just so you know I should be able to get my laptop back this week so I will be able to code and help around the forums a little more again when I get it back.... [/blog]
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Extreme_One on 05-13-2007 at 07:12 PM

I look forward to seeing how this turns out

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by NanaFreak on 05-14-2007 at 09:22 AM

ZOMFG I R DONE THE WEBSITE FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =p

well some of it ;o

just wanted to tell you and there is more news on the site =p

ps: look down :O:O:O:O (at sig)

edit: forgot to put the link for you nubs =p http://web2live.org or click the pic (left picture) in my sig

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by joey on 05-14-2007 at 09:42 AM

i like it! love the site too =p

RE: RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Salem on 05-24-2007 at 03:50 PM

quote:
...look down :O:O:O:O (at sig)...

[Image: signature.php?user=0]

Wow, like ur sig image. Looking good so far
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Jimbo on 05-24-2007 at 04:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Salem
Yeh i agree
I hope you release a public beta soon :P:P

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by NanaFreak on 05-24-2007 at 08:48 PM

quote:
thankies <3

and we are working as fast as we can really to try and get the forums ready... plus i am still doing the plus windows =\ so please dont expect a public beta too soon...
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by prashker on 05-25-2007 at 12:31 AM

cough (a).

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam

Psh, I deserve Alpha testing with no pre-work required.

Im SonicSam Bitch ¬¬

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Eddie on 05-25-2007 at 06:45 AM

Sounds like its going to be a good script, looking forward to public releases :) Keep up good wrk guys :)

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by absorbation on 05-25-2007 at 02:52 PM

Looking good (Y). Just be careful with stuff like this, get people to try and find security holes ;).

RE: RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Salem on 05-25-2007 at 05:30 PM

quote:
Looking good (Y). Just be careful with stuff like this, get people to try and find security holes ;).

Yeh that is true, that needs to be tested.
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by markee on 05-26-2007 at 01:12 AM

quote:
quote:

Exactly why we are going to run a beta with people from this forum who we trust to give us some good advice when it comes to this, just give us a little bit and we will start with the testing stage.  We are already realising some things that are possible problems and are working on fixing them as well.  We aren't stupid :tongue:
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by hmaster on 05-26-2007 at 01:26 AM

quote:
Exactly why we are going to run a beta with people from this forum who we trust to give us some good advice when it comes to this, just give us a little bit and we will start with the testing stage.  We are already realising some things that are possible problems and are working on fixing them as well.  We aren't stupid :tongue:
Thats good to here :P
RE: RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by snAke_LeAder on 05-26-2007 at 03:30 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

thats what i meaned (in red) 8-)
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Rolando on 06-04-2007 at 03:16 AM

look you bitches, I want this and I want it now. k?

:p

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by markee on 06-04-2007 at 03:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by q25
look you bitches, I want this and I want it now. k?

:p
Just give us some time for the name servers to change to our new host and we will have a little suprise.  Expect more news in 24-48 hours (depending on how long it takes for the name servers to update for us).
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Phillip on 06-04-2007 at 04:58 AM

quote:
Just give us some time for the name servers to change to our new host and we will have a little suprise.  Expect more news in 24-48 hours (depending on how long it takes for the name servers to update for us).

Dam I wont be here =[
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by markee on 06-04-2007 at 05:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
quote:

Dam I wont be here =[
You know what it is :dodgy: (one of the select few).  Though you might not be here when the ext surprise comes along :refuck:
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by markee on 06-06-2007 at 11:36 AM

Well first of all I would like to apologise for the lack of correspondence and not achieving the goals which we set (the forums were a much bigger job than anticipated). While saying that I would also like to announce the forum open for use. NanaFreak and I will be supplying you with updates really soon and probably even some screen shots for you to see and comment on our designs. We also need your help with making sure we have all the features you want and in a way that you will find easy and comfortable to use. I hope you will stick around and get comfortable with the forums so when Web2Live is up and running we can get some assistance with helping new people with the services.

We love any feedback that you have and want the very best to come from this project, but we are not mind readers so please don't be afraid to speak up about and of your thoughts.

Have a look at our forum at http://web2live.org/?page=forum and try to leave this thread to a minimum so we don't annoy the great moderators and admins of this forum. [/advertising and suck-up]

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by joey on 06-06-2007 at 11:51 AM

go NF and markee! i love the look on the foum!

well done =]

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by NanaFreak on 06-06-2007 at 11:52 AM

RE: RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by prashker on 06-06-2007 at 12:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ICD
go NF and markee! i love the look on the foum!

well done =]

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Jimbo on 06-10-2007 at 07:14 PM

Any update on this? any release date?? or a public beta?

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by KatieScarlett on 06-10-2007 at 07:19 PM

Nah. I think NanaFreak is still playing Counter Strike as usual. Silly game! :sad:
Go markee, kick his ass and get him to code. :P

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Jimbo on 06-10-2007 at 07:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KatieScarlett
Nah. I think NanaFreak is still playing Counter Strike as usual. Silly game! :sad:
He's not playing atm:P And CSS is a well good game :D
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by NanaFreak on 06-10-2007 at 11:51 PM

k, well i am going to play only very little bits of counter strike now =\

and no sorry, there are no release dates... this is because of how much coding we have had to do...

again sorry

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by markee on 06-11-2007 at 01:30 AM

We should have a large scale beta by the end of the year.... hopefully.  That is the only time frame we are setting for the time being.  We hope to be able to send out a little trial thing to a couple of people very soon, but it all depends on how much effort it takes to get NF off counter strike.  If there is any big news for you to hear then we will post about it, but before then please just wait, thanks :happy:.

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Poom on 07-02-2007 at 11:10 AM

I like the idea. I don't really like the style of the sig image though. How about making it more web 2.0 -ish?

I really liked how web2messenger was dashboard style. That would be great too...

Edit: Sorry if I have bumped this.

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by joemailey on 07-02-2007 at 11:17 AM

Web2-ish. that sortta thing will come later.

Maybe we should stop making suggestions and get the first release to internal beta testers out first then web2ish style stuff can wait until later make it nice before release date.

the sigs and stuff you see now from markee n nanafreak just sample stuff.

once freak starts working(for once) gets the project moved on a little the better.

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by Poom on 07-02-2007 at 11:40 AM

Alright, I understand. Sorry if this was already mentioned and I didn't read the whole thread thoroughly. I am really waiting to see this released though!

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by joemailey on 07-02-2007 at 12:28 PM

yea once nanafreak realizes counter strike sucks he'll finish the job. what we need is good players to follow him n constantly own him until he loses his will to play the game lol

RE: RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by High Speed Chaser on 07-02-2007 at 01:42 PM

quote:
yea once nanafreak realizes counter strike sucks he'll finish the job. what we need is good players to follow him n constantly own him until he loses his will to play the game lol

get Jack Thompson*  to get a nation wide [Image: au.png] Australian recall of all counter strike games

*Don't know who he is [Image: google.gif] is your friend
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by markee on 07-02-2007 at 01:49 PM

quote:
No, you just need to fill the servers with noob blockers who team flash all the time and awp him or use auto-shot gun on him.

Anyway, there are a few main reasons why work on this has been so slow lately...
  • We are having to recode just about EVERYTHING because there is a better way of doing it all so that it loads quicker and there is less server load in general and NF doesn't want to do it because he has done it 2 or 3 times before already
  • We have been sick, once a flu gets one of us it'll then get the other :(
  • NF likes playing counter-strike WAY too much
  • We are having a little trouble working out exactly how to do something atm, but I'm sure it will come together soon enough
  • NF is lazy
  • My computer is broken and in getting repaired so it is a fight between everyone in the family to use the one desktop now
  • I have had tests and stuff for uni
  • NF is very much like Eljay when it comes to doing something :sad:
  • NF sucks :(

@ Poom:  I'm sure we'll look at doing some more stuff like that (as well as some other secret things) later, but they are just little bits of code that we can add-on later, we are trying to make a strong backbone to work from first.  Please keep the ideas rolling though, it is always great to see enthusiasm in any of our work :happy:

EDIT:
quote:
Originally posted by High Speed Chaser
get Jack Thompson*  to get a nation wide [Image: au.png] Australian recall of all counter strike games

We got it off the net and have a back-up disk :sad:

RE: RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by High Speed Chaser on 07-02-2007 at 02:02 PM

quote:

EDIT:
quote:

We got it off the net and have a back-up disk :sad:

But it would make you concentrate on coding web2live.

Get better Flu victims [Image: needlenana.gif] and good luck with you Uni stuff

Also get WDZ to add the logo to the smillie inserter
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by absorbation on 07-02-2007 at 04:31 PM

It's a shame all the set-backs you have guys. I attempted something similar around a year ago, it's a big project and I ended up giving up. I suggest with the size of the project that you don't limit the audience and make an add-on that does not require Plus! to work :).

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by vaccination on 07-02-2007 at 04:59 PM

quote:

Get better Flu victims [Image: needlenana.gif] and good luck with you Uni stuff

I thought I was wanted then ¬_¬

anywho: Updates thread.

Official forum
RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by NanaFreak on 07-02-2007 at 11:06 PM

yea sorry guys that its taking so long but recoding something 3 times is really annoying =p

and im kinda on holidays so i wanna just relax ;o

but yea its a big thing to do so let us get simple stuff out then we can make it have better stuff :)

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by prashker on 07-03-2007 at 02:10 AM

just hurry up and let me test :dodgy:.

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by P4R4D0x on 08-06-2007 at 11:34 AM

Might be a bit of competition with W2M opening back up.

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by NanaFreak on 08-06-2007 at 11:49 AM

umm yea we kinda new about W2M when it came back... but we dont care... we will just make ours better :)

RE: [HYPE] Web2Live by markee on 11-13-2007 at 07:01 AM

First of all we are sorry this has taken so long, but we have been wanting t make sure that everything works along the way.  Fortunately, we have opened up registration on our new site for 250 members and it is first in first served, no invites.

If you have lost the link then just head to the website via this link.

Thanks for your support. :happy:

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by Discrate on 11-13-2007 at 07:07 AM

yay web2live beta! web2live is coming along good!

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by duck! on 11-13-2007 at 07:41 AM

Awesome, using it now :P

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by Joa on 11-13-2007 at 07:53 AM

i have one suggestion.. wish/comment/blah
i wish there was an option to make the signature image smaller without distorting the display pic.

*-)

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by High Speed Chaser on 11-13-2007 at 07:55 AM

The first time I'm posting on the msgplus! forums with my new sig.

Congrats Markee and NanaFreak!

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by markee on 11-13-2007 at 07:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
i wish there was an option to make the signature image smaller without distorting the display pic.

*-)
Well if you can make the PHP stuff do that then we'll definitely use it.  We'll see what we can do though, there might be another option to change the size....
RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by NanaFreak on 11-13-2007 at 07:57 AM

somehow i dont think you can do that with the stuff... sorry...

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by Deco on 11-13-2007 at 11:42 AM

Nice work. Using it now!

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by Eddie on 11-13-2007 at 03:05 PM

Nice job guys, very well done :) Taken a bit of time but it works well, nice config window to.

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by Jimbo on 11-13-2007 at 03:37 PM

Thanks guys, will put in my sig soon :D

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by Oxy on 11-13-2007 at 04:04 PM

Now i dunno which to use.. meetc better fire up some new features quickly. (A)

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by Jimbo on 11-14-2007 at 07:22 AM

This is great:D idea for next verison: add more backgrounds or allow us to use our own backgrounds and upload to your server, so like, when one person uploads a background everyon gets a choice to add it to there signature list, like a huge online database?

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by NanaFreak on 11-14-2007 at 07:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
This is great:D idea for next verison: add more backgrounds or allow us to use our own backgrounds and upload to your server, so like, when one person uploads a background everyon gets a choice to add it to there signature list, like a huge online database?
dude, its beta... we are still adding images and that
RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by Jimbo on 11-14-2007 at 07:49 AM

quote:
quote:
Ok cool, what about the online database, maybe people upload stuff, then you or markee can accept or decline it, and if you accept it gets added to the signature database?
RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by NanaFreak on 11-14-2007 at 07:49 AM

maybe

RE: RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by High Speed Chaser on 11-15-2007 at 05:51 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
Ok cool, what about the online database, maybe people upload stuff, then you or markee can accept or decline it, and if you accept it gets added to the signature database?

I wonder if getting NanaFreak or Markee to accept or decline would swamp them with more work?
RE: RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by Discrate on 11-15-2007 at 06:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Oxy

i smell a challenge!
RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by -dt- on 11-15-2007 at 06:41 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Joa

*-)
Well if you can make the PHP stuff do that then we'll definitely use it.  We'll see what we can do though, there might be another option to change the size....
:P do you use gd or image magick?
RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by mynetx on 11-15-2007 at 12:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
i smell a challenge!
Me too :D

RE: RE: RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by High Speed Chaser on 11-16-2007 at 07:56 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Oxy

i smell a challenge!

I don't.

I think Web2Live wins hands down! I like the looks of the sigs.
RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by bobby2000 on 11-26-2007 at 06:57 PM

i like it :)

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by markee on 12-08-2007 at 01:20 PM

Because we only have 19 spots left at this stage and we are going on holidays very soon, as well as the masses of resources left doing nothing.  We have decided to increase our limit to 400 users.

We love the support we are getting from everyone and it is good seeing our script being used as well.  We hope to have an update out before we go on holidays, but that might not happen due to my time restrictions with my new job and stuff.

In the new year we are looking at purchasing a dedicated server and I'm very confident that it should be self sustainable (with plenty of opportunity to help us expand further).  Hopefully 2008 will be a great year for Web2Live and I hope you continue supporting us by just using the script, our ads are what keeps us going :happy:

RE: RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by Discrate on 12-08-2007 at 01:52 PM

quote:
Because we only have 19 spots left at this stage and we are going on holidays very soon, as well as the masses of resources left doing nothing.  We have decided to increase our limit to 400 users.

We love the support we are getting from everyone and it is good seeing our script being used as well.  We hope to have an update out before we go on holidays, but that might not happen due to my time restrictions with my new job and stuff.

In the new year we are looking at purchasing a dedicated server and I'm very confident that it should be self sustainable (with plenty of opportunity to help us expand further).  Hopefully 2008 will be a great year for Web2Live and I hope you continue supporting us by just using the script, our ads are what keeps us going :happy:

Will there be another version of web2live before the new year? :P
RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by NanaFreak on 12-08-2007 at 01:55 PM

if we dont get one out before going away, no as we will be gone over new years and everything...

sorry

RE: RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by Discrate on 12-08-2007 at 01:58 PM

quote:
if we dont get one out before going away, no as we will be gone over new years and everything...

sorry

Aww that's alright. 2008 should be a good year for web2live then.
RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by Jimbo on 12-08-2007 at 02:20 PM

I think the option to reply to messages recieved from the messages window would be good, as ive had a few people ask me questions etc, and its annoying opening a new email and entering their email etc.

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by markee on 12-08-2007 at 04:09 PM

quote:
I think the option to reply to messages recieved from the messages window would be good, as ive had a few people ask me questions etc, and its annoying opening a new email and entering their email etc.
It's been on the to do list for a little while.  It will come in the next release that we have in the new year, along with many other useful things. (much of the stuff we are probably going to scilently allow for in the backend the next version :P).
RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by xmashero on 12-25-2007 at 04:56 AM

Hey,

I am having trouble with the script. I installed it, and then i dont know what to de when it says to login... I have tried my Windows Live Messenger email and password, and heaps of other things, I just really want to use this awesome script, I have so many of friends using it, but they wont tell me how to use it... so I thought I would come here and ask.

I hope that you can get this worked out for me,
xmashero

RE: RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by Discrate on 12-25-2007 at 05:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xmashero
Hey,

I am having trouble with the script. I installed it, and then i dont know what to de when it says to login... I have tried my Windows Live Messenger email and password, and heaps of other things, I just really want to use this awesome script, I have so many of friends using it, but they wont tell me how to use it... so I thought I would come here and ask.

I hope that you can get this worked out for me,
xmashero

hey :)

go to http://www.web2live.org/ then go down and click on the "register" button on the nav bar, fill all that out. Then when you are done use your log-in details that you filled in to sign in. Then your done,you can start using web2live. :D

If you need any further help go to http://www.web2live.org/forum/, sign up and we will help you :)
RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by mynetx on 12-25-2007 at 08:47 AM

Hello xmashero,

for using Web2Live, you need a user account there. Please go to [Image: web2liveiconhh0.png] http://web2live.org/?a=register, and create an account. Then use your user name, and your selected password, to log into Web2Live.

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by markee on 12-26-2007 at 04:15 PM

Sorry about your problem and not being able to get back to you myself.  The answers given were great, but you reminded me of some stuff I have to do.  We're planning on adding a "register" link in the login window as well to next version.  Hopefully we can get it out early next year (mid january maybe?) and this should fix up the problem of not knowing what to do.

If you have any more problems then dont be afraid to ask here or at the web2live forums. :)

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by snAke_LeAder on 12-31-2007 at 03:36 PM

the web2live server is down ? cant login status page and forums also

RE: RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by Discrate on 12-31-2007 at 03:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snAke_LeAder

Must be. I cant get on to both of them either.
RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by Jimbo on 12-31-2007 at 06:01 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by snAke_LeAder

Must be. I cant get on to both of them either.
Works fine here now
RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by NanaFreak on 01-01-2008 at 06:36 AM

dont know what happened... will have to lok into it sorry for it...

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by markee on 01-01-2008 at 06:40 AM

I think this might be because it is peak time on the net and we're on a shared host (dreamhost).  We'll re-asess if this happens when we get our dedicated server.

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by markee on 01-28-2008 at 01:04 PM

After a few teething issues web2live now has a dedicated server and so we can now allow as many people to use the script as they want.  We are currently working on a new version (the reason why my signature is currently not updating) which shall be the first version to enter the scripts database.

In the following release we hope to be able to include multiple languages, so we may need some help from translators.  It would be best if these people were to contact us through the web2live forums.

If you find there is any downtime for more than 5min, please report it to me so that i can try to find out what caused it.  We have nothing at the moment that should cause mysterious downtime.

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by Eddie on 01-29-2008 at 11:20 AM

Nice to know that the script is still progressing and is going to get better and better, keep it up :)

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by snAke_LeAder on 01-29-2008 at 12:53 PM

does not update my personal message

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by markee on 01-29-2008 at 08:36 PM

This is probably due to invalid URI characters as we send it as parameters to a php page.  The same goes for your Display name.  You'll notice that it will probably stop updating completely rather than just your name/psm.

This is going to be fixed in the nex version I assure you.

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by snAke_LeAder on 01-29-2008 at 08:51 PM

workin now :)

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by mynetx on 01-29-2008 at 08:55 PM

The problem you're encountering is because the data are currently transmit to the Web2Live server using HTTP GET, and the function called to encode the sent data properly can break sometimes. As I guess, the transmission method will be using HTTP POST starting with the next version (@markee, slap me if I'm wrong), which increases the maximum length of the sendable data from 2048 chars (including server request URI) to unlimited. If you'd like to get more info about this issue, just feel free to ask here and I'm sure you'll get detailed answers. :)

Regards,

RE: [BETA-ish] Web2Live by mattumanutd on 01-29-2008 at 09:45 PM

yay glad its back :D