Shoutbox

Why do I need help all the time... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Why do I need help all the time... (/showthread.php?tid=74076)

Why do I need help all the time... by ryxdp on 05-01-2007 at 10:29 AM

Whenever I open a drive (any type, My Computer -> drive) it opens it in a new window. I get very annoyed at this at times, mainly because I have to go back to the already-open My Computer window and close it.

Obviously I'd like someone to help please...as said before I get angry sometimes...

Thanks in advance :D

RE: Why do I need help all the time... by ryxdp on 05-02-2007 at 09:17 AM

Seems to be already set...

So that's not the problem. :s

RE: Why do I need help all the time... by CookieRevised on 05-02-2007 at 09:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ryxpia
Whenever I open a drive (any type, My Computer -> drive) it opens it in a new window.
Provided that 'open each folder in same window' is ticked as said before, you need to right click the drive and choose 'open' instead of 'navigate', or you need to double click the drive.

Choosing 'navigate' will always open the drive in a new window. So you must choose the correct menu item (or double click the drive instead).
RE: Why do I need help all the time... by ryxdp on 05-02-2007 at 09:50 AM

navigate...?

I only have Open, Explore, Search and Partition Magic 8.0.

RE: Why do I need help all the time... by djdannyp on 05-02-2007 at 03:35 PM

Explore = Navigate

RE: Why do I need help all the time... by ryxdp on 05-03-2007 at 06:09 AM

I've tried Explore...it still won't work...

I have been playing around with the Folder Options tab where you change icons for file types and make them open in different programs...maybe I'll go look there.

RE: Why do I need help all the time... by CookieRevised on 05-03-2007 at 10:34 AM

quote:
I've tried Explore...it still won't work...
Because it never will:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
...you need to right click the drive and choose 'open' instead of 'navigate explore', or you need to double click the drive.

quote:
I have been playing around with the Folder Options tab where you change icons for file types and make them open in different programs...maybe I'll go look there.
As long as you didn't change the underlying commands for the folder commands for 'explore' and 'open' this wont have any influence.