Shoutbox

You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation. (/showthread.php?tid=74103)

You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation. by maelstrm on 05-02-2007 at 08:12 AM

Hi all,

I am having (and have had for quite a long time) time out problems with MSN conversations. If I do not type anything in the conversation for as little as 6 minutes it will drop me out (without notifying me) and I only find out when I type something.

At that point I get the message:

You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation.

Is this a common issue? Is it caused my Messenger plus? Is there a fix for it?

I don't seem to be able to pull much up from google and none of my friends (who run plus, standard msn of various versions and gaim/pidgin) have this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give :)

RE: You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation. by NiteMare on 05-02-2007 at 08:15 AM

might be server problems, how long have you been having these problems?

RE: You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation. by maelstrm on 05-02-2007 at 08:21 AM

Thanks for replying!

At least six months or so I'd say.

After some more poing around, MSN is showing me as being directly connected and also connected through a UPnP restricted NAT.

I have a Billion 7300G ADSL modem with its firewall off, the Windows firewall off and nothing else that should be causing outgoing restrictions.

I haven't heard anything about MSN wanting ports forwarded (which is what the message seems to imply), is there anything I should know?

My ISP (internode.on.net in Australia) also uses a transparent http proxy. Is this likely to be causing issues / is there a way to fix any issues it causes? As far as I know, many of my friends are using the same ISP with no issues.

RE: You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation. by MattyRid on 05-02-2007 at 08:44 AM

the proxy they use could be the issue, having never been in internode it's hard to say but I wouldn't be surprised if it's part of the problem.

RE: You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation. by Chris4 on 07-19-2008 at 02:08 AM

I'm having the same problem. After about 5-10 minutes of no one talking in a group conversation, I get the error and I'm kicked out of the conversation. I also got it earlier completely randomly when everyone was talking in a group conversation.

Any ideas?

Windows XP Service Pack 3 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1018
Messenger Plus! Live 4.60.0.326

Linksys router, connected wirelessly.

RE: RE: You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation. by maelstrm on 07-19-2008 at 06:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
the proxy they use could be the issue, having never been in internode it's hard to say but I wouldn't be surprised if it's part of the problem.

I'm still having these issues.

I have other friends using Internode and none of them are reporting these issues.

Windows XP SP3
Messenger Plus Live 4.60.0.326
MSN Live 8.5.1302.1018
aPatch 140rc2b17
RE: You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation. by Sivy on 07-19-2008 at 10:04 PM

I am having the same problem with the messenger I always get kicked out.  And my internet is always working smoothly.  I do not get kicked out of the other conversations I am not signed out, I can use my other messengers without problem but with msn during group conversations I get kicked out all the time. 

I tried re-installing it, repairing it, etc... what could the problem be?

RE: You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation. by Eddie on 07-20-2008 at 06:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I'm having the same problem. After about 5-10 minutes of no one talking in a group conversation, I get the error and I'm kicked out of the conversation. I also got it earlier completely randomly when everyone was talking in a group conversation.

Any ideas?

Windows XP Service Pack 3 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1018
Messenger Plus! Live 4.60.0.326

Linksys router, connected wirelessly.
Confirmed (Y) Same problem all the way over here in Aussie :S
RE: You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation. by Sivy on 07-20-2008 at 07:13 PM

this is ridiculous...  how does one fix this?  I am using windows live messenger... there has to be an answer.

RE: You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation. by fromagepizza on 08-13-2008 at 11:24 PM

I have the same exact problem. Linksys router since about 6 years or so, but MSN has been doing that for about 6 months or a year.

Also, it won't remember the display names others give themselves when I re-log. For instance, say Bob and I are on, but if we both log off and then, only I re-log, MSN will show me "bob@hotmail.com" instead of "Bob". This is also annoying :(

Any solution? :(

RE: You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation. by ahmetgns on 08-14-2008 at 08:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by fromagepizza
Also, it won't remember the display names others give themselves when I re-log. For instance, say Bob and I are on, but if we both log off and then, only I re-log, MSN will show me "bob@hotmail.com" instead of "Bob". This is also annoying

Any solution? 
Make sure you have not checked the option "This is a shared computer so don't store my address book, display picture and personal message here" in Messenger Options > Security. After you uncheck it, it will start to record last display names of your contacts in Contacts cache.

RE: You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation. by fromagepizza on 08-14-2008 at 02:58 PM

Nah, it's not checked :( I checked it and immediately unchecked it, but it didn't work.

Still, thanks.

RE: You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation. by Aung2bo on 08-15-2008 at 02:12 AM

I'm also facing the same problem. When I'm in Group Chat , after 5 or 10 min later suddenly out from the Group chat.

Is any way to prevent or repair that problem ?

RE: You are having temporary network problems and are no longer in this conversation. by fromagepizza on 08-23-2008 at 01:17 PM

No one even knows if it's possible to fix?