Shoutbox

Why dont potato chips freeze in the freezer? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Why dont potato chips freeze in the freezer? (/showthread.php?tid=74140)

Why dont potato chips freeze in the freezer? by matty on 05-04-2007 at 01:45 AM

For all you science geeks out there why?

RE: Why dont chip's freeze in the freezer? by Supersonicdarky on 05-04-2007 at 01:47 AM

what do you mean by freezing. stop functioning? if anything, it only functions better when its cold (as in speed increases or sumthing. not sure)

RE: Why dont potato chips freeze in the freezer? by matty on 05-04-2007 at 01:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
what do you mean by freezing. stop functioning? if anything, it only functions better when its cold (as in speed increases or sumthing. not sure)
Potato Chips function?

I am talking about food!
RE: Why dont potato chips freeze in the freezer? by Nagamasa on 05-04-2007 at 01:49 AM

quote:
if anything, it only functions better when its cold (as in speed increases or sumthing. not sure)
Isn't that when temperature increases?

I think it's because after being fried for so long, all the water inside it is depleted, thus cant freeze?

Can french fries?
RE: Why dont potato chips freeze in the freezer? by Supersonicdarky on 05-04-2007 at 01:49 AM

lol.

RE: Why dont potato chips freeze in the freezer? by matty on 05-04-2007 at 01:52 AM

Ok so that would make sense, if there is no water inside then it wont freeze.

RE: Why dont potato chips freeze in the freezer? by Hank on 05-04-2007 at 01:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
For all you science geeks out there why?
write to Tom Cruise, he'll know :P
RE: Why dont potato chips freeze in the freezer? by deAd on 05-04-2007 at 01:57 AM

potato chips don't have much water (or any liquids for that matter)...so there's nothing really to freeze :P

RE: Why dont potato chips freeze in the freezer? by Supersonicdarky on 05-04-2007 at 02:00 AM

even if they did have some moisture in them, the salt would lower its freezing point about 10-15 degrees. (c)

RE: Why dont potato chips freeze in the freezer? by Voldemort on 05-04-2007 at 02:06 AM

salt and the oil make the freezing point go quite low :P

god, i need to refresh more often.

RE: Why dont potato chips freeze in the freezer? by prashker on 05-04-2007 at 02:08 AM

Oh, the magic of chips, we will never know.

RE: Why dont potato chips freeze in the freezer? by markee on 05-04-2007 at 02:54 AM

Isn't a potato chip classed as a solid and therefore has already frozen (the action from changing from liquid to solid)?  This means that a freezer can freeze a potato chip, but you have to get it to a liquid state first....

RE: Why dont potato chips freeze in the freezer? by albert on 05-04-2007 at 02:59 AM

[/offtopic]
May I just ask..

Why in God's world would you ever want to freeze potato chips?!
[/offtopic]

RE: Why dont potato chips freeze in the freezer? by prashker on 05-04-2007 at 03:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markee

Isn't a potato chip classed as a solid and therefore ha

Ewww, melting a chip :o.
RE: Why dont potato chips freeze in the freezer? by Voldemort on 05-04-2007 at 03:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
Isn't a potato chip classed as a solid and therefore has already frozen (the action from changing from liquid to solid)?  This means that a freezer can freeze a potato chip, but you have to get it to a liquid state first....

nope, have you ever seen frozen strawberries?

* Voldemort drools
RE: Why dont potato chips freeze in the freezer? by NiteMare on 05-04-2007 at 03:07 AM

quote:
i got my potato chip doing 4.0 Ghz, then over clocked it to 4.5
RE: Why dont potato chips freeze in the freezer? by joey on 05-04-2007 at 09:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alby
[/offtopic]
May I just ask..

Why in God's world would you ever want to freeze potato chips?!
[/offtopic]
so see if they last longer! like milk/bread, if you put it in the freezer it lasts longer(or it used to:P)
RE: Why dont potato chips freeze in the freezer? by kao on 05-04-2007 at 05:24 PM

quote:
Haha, I guess you didn't read it right, but you made me laugh. <3
RE: Why dont potato chips freeze in the freezer? by Voldemort on 05-04-2007 at 05:27 PM

he missed the potato part :P

i'll ask adeptus, he studied chemistry