Shoutbox

Font cant be changed - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Font cant be changed (/showthread.php?tid=74144)

Font cant be changed by polarbearlui on 05-04-2007 at 07:10 AM

hi. im running on msn 8.0 and Messenger Plus live. ive been trying to change my font for the past month or so... but i dont seem no be able to. no matter what font i try to change to, it remains like some type writer font... and even thou eg. i pick black chancery or any other font, i cant see the change and neither can the friend that im chatting with.
but.. the weird thing is that when i check my chat logs, the font change can be seen. ie: the chats that i make are in the font that i chose.

is there anyway any one can help me? ive tried uninstalling and installing msn 8.0 and Messenger Plus live, but both didnt work. PLS HELP!!

RE: Font cant be changed by MattyRid on 05-04-2007 at 07:12 AM

Does the same happen with both Windows Live Messenger 8.1 and Messenger Plus! Live 4.20?

Does the same happen without Plus! Installed?

RE: Font cant be changed by banky on 05-04-2007 at 07:13 AM

Not to sure of your problem, never had this problem. Have you tried upgradeing to WLM 8.1?

RE: Font cant be changed by polarbearlui on 05-04-2007 at 07:31 AM

im pretty reluctant to change to  wlm 8.1. cos im running on stiantu and blueye's vista skin.
and it only works on 8.0

RE: Font cant be changed by MattyRid on 05-04-2007 at 07:34 AM

you'll probably find a similar one to it listed at http://msgstuff.com/downloads/cat/15/ and maybe the skin could be part of the reason...possibly

RE: Font cant be changed by polarbearlui on 05-04-2007 at 07:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
Does the same happen with both Windows Live Messenger 8.1 and Messenger Plus! Live 4.20?

Does the same happen without Plus! Installed?
it doesnt work even without plus live. never tried 8.1 cos im running on stiantu and blueye's skin. and it only works on 8.0

ok...... i tried 8.1 without the skin and without plus.... and it still didnt work. ><
RE: Font cant be changed by MattyRid on 05-04-2007 at 07:51 AM

Don't want to but I suggest you try a clean install of messenger

RE: Font cant be changed by polarbearlui on 05-05-2007 at 12:40 PM

i tried exactly as they said. and guess what?? it still didnt work><

RE: Font cant be changed by MattyRid on 05-05-2007 at 09:29 PM

Suppose the best thing to do is report it to Microsoft by clicking http://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlm...byemail&ct=eformts

as you have said that it does the same thing without Plus! installed, issue has to be resolved by Microsoft.

RE: Font cant be changed by chuxian on 05-07-2007 at 10:04 AM

im facing the same problem like polarbearlui. i cannot change my fonts either. the default font will appear even after changing the font. i don't know how to solve this problem.

RE: Font cant be changed by MattyRid on 05-07-2007 at 10:05 AM

Did you contact Microsoft on the issue? bet not...should be a millionaire by now with all these bets :P

RE: Font cant be changed by polarbearlui on 05-07-2007 at 12:35 PM

so how now? im not the only person.... maybe we can find something similar in what we both did.. so did you configure your msn in anyway??

RE: Font cant be changed by Jarrod on 05-08-2007 at 06:46 AM

i  know u said with out plus installed but have you checked plus!>preferances>conversations overirde contacts font with a font of my own or tools>options somewhere in there you can change your font, if the problem still happens after a clean install, may it be a registry entry? (<someone needs to check on that i don't have wlm on this comp to check 4 myself and point you in the right dircetion but it sounds like it could be)

RE: RE: Font cant be changed by MattyRid on 05-08-2007 at 06:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xen0h
i  know u said with out plus installed but have you checked plus!>preferances>conversations overirde contacts font with a font of my own or tools>options somewhere in there you can change your font, if the problem still happens after a clean install, may it be a registry entry? (<someone needs to check on that i don't have wlm on this comp to check 4 myself and point you in the right dircetion but it sounds like it could be)

if you click a few of the links early in the thread and read it all carefully you would see that it has already not helped, hence why it's a Microsoft problem ;)
RE: Font cant be changed by polarbearlui on 05-08-2007 at 06:57 AM

ok.. i tried what xen0h said.. but still no help. just an update, i email microsoft. they said it could be because of my wed search tool bar. so i tried to uninstall it like they said... but then..... still doesnt work...

RE: Font cant be changed by Jarrod on 05-08-2007 at 07:01 AM

if i was really getting annoyed with it i'd go
format c:
note: the only things on my c drive are messenger bf2 c&c3 and windows

RE: Font cant be changed by polarbearlui on 05-08-2007 at 07:03 AM

lol. ive got a hell of a lot of other stuff on c:. i'll see what microsoft can do about it... but most likely i wont take it to that extent