Shoutbox

Battery not detected - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Battery not detected (/showthread.php?tid=74148)

Battery not detected by Vimto on 05-04-2007 at 09:41 AM

Probem I cant type the key next to the K so obviousy I cant type what etter I cant type. Its the ony key I cant type and when I go to type it it makes a oud noise. Any ideas why?
Thanks
< Solved

New problem, changed topic to save making another thread

My laptop is saying that my battery cannot be detected :s

[Image: nobrtykj0.jpg]

Any idea why?

RE: Cant type a key by joey on 05-04-2007 at 09:54 AM

have you changed any setting regarding shortcuts or installed anything? sounds stupid but anyone could do it =/

edit:i was going to delete it as you solved the 1st one, but it could mean the same thing for this one i think...:P is it in properly too?

http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=669692

http://www.windowsvistauserguide.com/control_pane...ware_and_sound.htm (go about half-way down)

RE: Battery not detected by xJ + on 05-04-2007 at 11:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vimto
New problem, changed topic to save making another thread

My laptop is saying that my battery cannot be detected :s

[Image: nobrtykj0.jpg]

Any idea why?
There're many possibilities...
1. the connection between your laptop and your battery is probably loosen
2. your battery's life is dead, change to another battery.
ETC.
RE: Battery not detected by duck! on 05-04-2007 at 03:37 PM

Looks like you have vista :P
Vista said there wasnt a battery about 4 weeks after i upgraded
Ive looked in the bios and it says i cant see it there, TBH i think that the battery has died using vista :sad:

RE: Battery not detected by Oxy on 05-04-2007 at 03:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by duck!
Ive looked in the bios and it says i cant see it there, TBH i think that the battery has died using vista

Or, that maybe it is a common bug?
Try seeing what happens without the charger plugged in, if the computer does indeed "die" immediately. If so, then there must be more to is. If not, it would appear to be a common bug..
RE: Battery not detected by Voldemort on 05-04-2007 at 05:58 PM

get into the bios and disconnect it from the power and see what happens :P

RE: Battery not detected by Vimto on 05-04-2007 at 10:09 PM

Tried disconnectin the power. It goes off compety the button on the right side of the K sti wont work.

RE: Battery not detected by Voldemort on 05-04-2007 at 10:36 PM

any other laptop/battery to try on?

RE: Battery not detected by Vimto on 05-06-2007 at 09:29 AM

Thanks everyone for helping :kiss:

I turned it on today and everything is fine :s. This thing came up sayin windows had blocked two programs from starting so I clicked to allow them and my battery is now charging and I can say this "LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL" :cheesy:

Thanks again :happy:

RE: Battery not detected by joey on 05-06-2007 at 09:38 AM

it feels good to type properly dont it?:P

RE: Battery not detected by CookieRevised on 05-06-2007 at 12:58 PM

quote:
Thanks everyone for helping :kiss:

I turned it on today and everything is fine :s. This thing came up sayin windows had blocked two programs from starting so I clicked to allow them and my battery is now charging and I can say this "LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL" :cheesy:

Thanks again :happy:
what programs were preventing your battery to charge or even to be reconized? Sounds very strange....
RE: Battery not detected by Voldemort on 05-06-2007 at 03:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
what programs were preventing your battery to charge or even to be recognized? Sounds very strange....
i don't think it was a program, cause she said she disconnected it while she was on the bios screen and it turned off, so it's definitely not windows...
think you have some hardware problem =/
RE: RE: Battery not detected by CookieRevised on 05-06-2007 at 03:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:
what programs were preventing your battery to charge or even to be recognized? Sounds very strange....
i don't think it was a program, cause she said she disconnected it while she was on the bios screen and it turned off, so it's definitely not windows...
think you have some hardware problem =/

she said:
quote:
This thing came up sayin windows had blocked two programs from starting so I clicked to allow them and my battery is now charging
Hence my question on what those two programs were as I find it strange that programs prevent a battery from charging and being reconized...
RE: Battery not detected by Voldemort on 05-06-2007 at 04:18 PM

quote:
get into the bios and disconnect it from the power and see what happens
quote:
Tried disconnectin the power. It goes off compety the button on the right side of the K sti wont work.
that's why i said what i said xD
RE: Battery not detected by CookieRevised on 05-06-2007 at 08:14 PM

quote:
quote:
get into the bios and disconnect it from the power and see what happens
quote:
that's why i said what i said xD
yes, but that only shows that the battery is not charged and not reconized. It doesn't say a thing about the cause of it.

My question is to find out a cause of it... and  since she said the battery charged again after allowing 2 programs (which I find very strange) I want to know what those programs were  ;)
RE: Battery not detected by Voldemort on 05-06-2007 at 08:16 PM

quote:
yes, but that only shows that the battery is not charged and not reconized. It doesn't say a thing about the cause of it.

oh well, i assumed it was not winblows because of that :p

edit:
orrr the battery was discharged xD

edit 2:
yeah that was what i meant cookie... just realized what you meant...
RE: Battery not detected by CookieRevised on 05-06-2007 at 08:25 PM

I see... sorry for the confusion...

But It could still be a program

Say that, somehow, a program prevents a battery from charging (programs can influence hardware states*) while the laptop is running Windows, the battery would be dead after a while as it would be decharged.

Doing the bios-trick/check will only tell you the battery is not charged, nothing more.

*eg: I can for example set the brightness level of my laptop screen via software. If I set it to total black, it will still be total black even if I completely remove the harddisk and install another OS. A similar thing can be going on with the battery (although I wouldn't know why a program would want to prevent a battery from charging; if that is possible with her laptop of course).

RE: Battery not detected by duck! on 05-06-2007 at 09:28 PM

quote:
get into the bios and disconnect it from the power and see what happens :P
I tried it, it just stays on for about 10 seconds and turns off, same when its in windows :sad:

RE: Battery not detected by Voldemort on 05-07-2007 at 12:11 AM

quote:
I tried it, it just stays on for about 10 seconds and turns off, same when its in windows
are you vimto :P?
RE: Battery not detected by duck! on 05-07-2007 at 07:21 AM

quote:
quote:
I tried it, it just stays on for about 10 seconds and turns off, same when its in windows
are you vimto :P?
no, but i have the same problem :P