Shoutbox

Ipod music Transfer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Ipod music Transfer (/showthread.php?tid=74226)

Ipod music Transfer by Ptoye on 05-07-2007 at 03:58 PM

hey, well the other day i found an ipod, it has 1700 songs on it, they quite good :P so what i want to do is take all the songs off the ipod and store them into my libary that has like 2000 songs, to give me 3700.

So i need a 3rd party program to transer the data from the ipod to my laptop, is this possible and if so is there any good programs to do it?

Thanks

P.Toye

RE: Ipod music Transfer by Kenji on 05-07-2007 at 04:01 PM

:/

Hand the iPod in at the police station or something. That could have took someone years to save up for..

RE: Ipod music Transfer by Ptoye on 05-07-2007 at 04:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazzy
:/

Hand the iPod in at the police station or something. That could have took someone years to save up for..

well i did, 105 days ago, i handed it in and then 100 days after i handed it in they called me to come to the station, and gave me it back as no-one came for it and the serial number was not registed to anyone. i was just making the post a bit easier, sorry
RE: Ipod music Transfer by user35870 on 05-07-2007 at 04:34 PM

Here's one that works pretty good: http://www.longfingers.com/ipodfolder/

RE: Ipod music Transfer by Voldemort on 05-07-2007 at 04:40 PM

hm. floola works nicely.

RE: Ipod music Transfer by Ptoye on 05-07-2007 at 05:56 PM

i have done it using ipod> folder that chris uk said, but where are they saved :S

RE: RE: Ipod music Transfer by Verte on 05-07-2007 at 05:58 PM

That's stealing songs!

If you browse the drive, you will find the mp3 songs, with hashed filenames. The files are essentially intact though, id3 data and all. ;)

RE: Ipod music Transfer by banky on 05-07-2007 at 07:35 PM

Anapod Explorer-
http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/

It's a really good program,last time I checked  you have to pay for it. There is a trial version that may be able to do what you want still.

RE: Ipod music Transfer by Ptoye on 05-07-2007 at 07:39 PM

thanks everyone :d

I have got it done :D

RE: Ipod music Transfer by Voldemort on 05-07-2007 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by banky
Anapod Explorer-
http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/

It's a really good program,last time I checked  you have to pay for it. There is a trial version that may be able to do what you want still.
nope. trial does nothing but detect ipod :p
(haven't found anything to crack it up)
* Voldemort runs from wdz
RE: Ipod music Transfer by Ezra on 05-07-2007 at 09:31 PM

Can't you just do File -> Import Folder and choose the iPod as the import folder?

RE: Ipod music Transfer by Voldemort on 05-07-2007 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
Can't you just do File -> Import Folder and choose the iPod as the import folder?
nope cause their names are hashed nonsense :p
RE: RE: Ipod music Transfer by Verte on 05-08-2007 at 03:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
nope cause their names are hashed nonsense :p

there's probably a script somewhere for extracting ID3 tags and renaming files accordingly.
RE: Ipod music Transfer by Voldemort on 05-09-2007 at 11:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Verte
here's probably a script somewhere for extracting ID3 tags and renaming files accordingly.
of course... but don't you think thats more work than ipod > folder :P?
RE: RE: Ipod music Transfer by Verte on 05-10-2007 at 04:03 AM

quote:
quote:
here's probably a script somewhere for extracting ID3 tags and renaming files accordingly.
of course... but don't you think thats more work than ipod > folder :P?

Huh? Well.. I guess if you're using some sort of library system, file names aren't important. If you ever want to maintain your collection, I'd recommend getting the names in order before the merge though.
RE: Ipod music Transfer by Voldemort on 05-10-2007 at 06:47 PM

quote:
Huh? Well.. I guess if you're using some sort of library system, file names aren't important. If you ever want to maintain your collection, I'd recommend getting the names in order before the merge though.
dude, have you tried it =/? names are set up perfectly fine with ipodfolder... got 2,500 songs to prove it...
RE: RE: Ipod music Transfer by Verte on 05-11-2007 at 04:54 AM

quote:
quote:
dude, have you tried it =/? names are set up perfectly fine with ipodfolder... got 2,500 songs to prove it...

Didn't try it, as it requires iTunes, and iTunes is a horrible buggy kludge, and probably would take some fiddling with to get it running on X on FreeBSD. Probably. Which is too much fiddling when there are freeer, easier options.
RE: Ipod music Transfer by Voldemort on 05-11-2007 at 05:02 AM

quote:
Didn't try it, as it requires iTunes, and iTunes is a horrible buggy kludge,
It doesn't need itunes.
itunes=suckage, i don't have it installed.
RE: RE: Ipod music Transfer by Verte on 05-11-2007 at 05:11 AM

quote:
quote:
Didn't try it, as it requires iTunes, and iTunes is a horrible buggy kludge,
It doesn't need itunes.
itunes=suckage, i don't have it installed.

Aah, ok. I just saw "* iPod software must be installed on the computer" and thought, no thanks. I never really got iTunes. I consider myself fairly technically adept, but it took me half an hour to work out how to put music onto the iPod. Then, it sets itself as the default for everything and starts a heap of pointless daemons. I always thought mac was about user interface simplicity, but it would be so much nicer just to put the music you want on your iPod into a directory and be done with it.

Anyway, this one is well and truly solved :P
RE: Ipod music Transfer by Voldemort on 05-11-2007 at 05:13 AM

quote:
Aah, ok. I just saw "* iPod software must be installed on the computer" and thought, no thanks. I never really got iTunes. I consider myself fairly technically adept, but it took me half an hour to work out how to put music onto the iPod. Then, it sets itself as the default for everything and starts a heap of pointless daemons. I always thought mac was about user interface simplicity, but it would be so much nicer just to put the music you want on your iPod into a directory and be done with it.

Anyway, this one is well and truly solved
yeah, that's why floola>*
RE: RE: Ipod music Transfer by Verte on 05-11-2007 at 05:27 AM

quote:
yeah, that's why floola>*

Oooh... :)