Shoutbox

Can't play the sounds - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Can't play the sounds (/showthread.php?tid=74236)

Can't play the sounds by cholito on 05-08-2007 at 02:23 AM

Messenger Plus! Live 4.20.262 (28/02/2007)
Windows Live Messenger 8.1. 0178
Windows XP

When i try to send the SOUND, it just display in the window for example : /shello
and don't display the sound ...

I need help :(

RE: CAN'T PLAY THE SOUNDS by ahmetgns on 05-08-2007 at 09:03 AM

It seems you are using commands but make sure you have enabled commands. Go to Messenger Plus! Preferences>Conversations>General and check the box "Enable commands (messages start with '/')". I don't have MsgPlus! on this computer so tolerate me if the option does not exist there.

RE: CAN'T PLAY THE SOUNDS by cholito on 05-08-2007 at 09:31 AM

mmmm no my friend i am not trying to use the command, i try to send a sound by the ICON SOUND and when i press the sound that i want to send, in my msn display the command  /shello  /sanything
:( But thanks for ur help :)

RE: CAN'T PLAY THE SOUNDS by MattyRid on 05-08-2007 at 09:50 AM

but you will need commands enabled for it to work (as far as I know)

RE: CAN'T PLAY THE SOUNDS by cholito on 05-08-2007 at 09:57 AM

NOW i understand :D
THANKS MATTYRID
and excuse me ahmetgns i missunderstand u ... I didn't know i have to enable that commands for it to work, i thought that was just if u want to do it by commands and not by the long   way : ICON - Sound ...

RE: CAN'T PLAY THE SOUNDS by ahmetgns on 05-08-2007 at 12:57 PM

Interesting. cholito, you didn't misunderstand me. Because I didn't know too what MattyRid said.

In my opinion, Plus! should distinguish sound commands and all other commands. Because Emotion Sounds are Messenger Plus!' most popular feature and have many options special to them (like auto-download, auto-play etc.). So if they are disabled with a simple "disable command" option, it would be a really bad thing like the case of cholito.

Edit: I think commands' purpose must be to ease (or serve another way for) setting options. So Plus! should not use commands for its own features to work. For example /name command make it possible to change display name from a chat window. Some people can still change theirs with disabled commands and with going to WLM's options. Same sense should be implemented for Emotion Sounds. For example sounds should be always sendable from Sound Panel. But if user wants to use commands to send sounds, he can 'enable commands' from option in Preferences.