Shoutbox

Bug with email checker and Vista - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Bug with email checker and Vista (/showthread.php?tid=74245)

Bug with email checker and Vista by FuRious AnGel on 05-08-2007 at 10:24 AM

I have configured msgplus to check my emails through POP3, but with Windows Vista, it doesn't work perfectly well ! :P

I have this alert dialog  with an "exception processing" message when I receive an email:

quote:
Exception Processing Message 0c000007b Parameters 0x7649023C
0x7649023C 0x7649023C 0x7649023C

I see this message with two different pc...

PS: Sorry for my English, I'm French !
RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by MattyRid on 05-08-2007 at 10:25 AM

only 1 question though...what sort of account are you trying to add? Hotmail, Gmail or what?

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by FuRious AnGel on 05-08-2007 at 10:31 AM

I have 2 account: yahoo (@yahoo.fr) and an other (@f1action.net)

The bug is with both of them... I can see the msgplus alert, but there is also this alert dialog

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by MattyRid on 05-08-2007 at 10:34 AM

have you tried a clean install of messenger and messenger plus! if that doesn't help then definately a bug...which to be honest I wouldn't be too surprised if it is, even if you don't do a clean install, considering Vista is still fairly newish to a lot of us.

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by FuRious AnGel on 05-08-2007 at 10:35 AM

I didn't try but the bug is the same with two computers... So I think it's a bug :P

But I'll try

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by Splizzer on 06-16-2007 at 04:06 PM

Hello
I have the same error. Few seconds befor the email toast appears, I get following error message:
[Image: error.jpg]

I have reinstall the Messenger an msgplus servel times.

Windows Vista Business 32 Bit - German
    - Windows Mail
    - web.de email adress
Windows Live Messenger 8.1
MessengerPlus!Live 4.23

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by FuRious AnGel on 06-27-2007 at 10:25 AM

The problem is still here...

I'm now with WLM 8.5 BETA and Msg Plus Live 4.23.0.272

Are we only two with this bug ?

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by Patchou on 06-29-2007 at 06:42 PM

Well, the problem is that this message does not come from Plus!. What would be a great help is if you could find what software installed on your system causes this problem with Plus!, it's probably a compatibility issue of some kind. You can try uinstalling some programs and see if it solves the issue. Thanks.

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by FuRious AnGel on 07-02-2007 at 09:54 AM

Thank you for your answer !

It seems it's Spyware Doctor which is the cause of the problem. I have uninstall it and there no problem now !

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by Patchou on 07-10-2007 at 05:40 PM

excellent, thanks for the info :)

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by Scary674 on 07-13-2007 at 08:42 AM

morning there. so i reinstalled clean windows and all other now. without any spybot programs etc. messenger is only patched with messbe for the ads. and then mesg plus live addon. but the error comes still too when i recieve any new mails.

so i think its a bug in msg plus live, since messenger live beta1 from windows update, so that will not be compatible...

RE: Big Problem with msg plus since few days by MattyRid on 07-13-2007 at 09:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Scary674
morning there. so i reinstalled clean windows and all other now. without any spybot programs etc. messenger is only patched with messbe for the ads. and then mesg plus live addon. but the error comes still too when i recieve any new mails.

so i think its a bug in msg plus live, since messenger live beta1 from windows update, so that will not be compatible...

I've already report 1 post for cross posting and I'm going to report another. Please stick with 1 thread

Question...Does this happen with Windows Live Messenger 8.1 as well?

RE: Big Problem with msg plus since few days by Scary674 on 07-13-2007 at 09:40 AM

yes

RE: Big Problem with msg plus since few days by MattyRid on 07-13-2007 at 09:47 AM

OK...What firewall and anti-virus software are you using?

What operating system are you using?

Any screenshots of the actual error would be handy as well ;)

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by Scary674 on 07-13-2007 at 10:30 AM

screenshot you can see on page one in this thread.
ist axactly this error message.

i am using windows vista ultimate with own firewall. antivirus is at the moment nothing cause vista is very cleaned install hours ago. but when, i using gdata, its a german prduct but this is working fine, i am using it many years with no errors for messenger and plus live addon!

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by MattyRid on 07-13-2007 at 10:35 AM

if you remove gdata, does it still happen? it could be an issue with gdata itself

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by Scary674 on 07-13-2007 at 02:37 PM

i say it is not gdata cause vista is very cleaned installd and there is no gdata installed yet. but the problem is still there

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by Patchou on 07-13-2007 at 06:09 PM

It has to be another program on your computer. This error message cannot come from Messenger Plus!, there is no way it can be the case, nothing like that is programmed in the software.

I don't remember if this test has been done but still: do you get the same error if another Plus! notifrication is displayed (for Event Notifications for example, or from scripts).

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by andrejkw on 07-21-2007 at 02:13 PM

I have exactly the same problem. It started happening after I updated to WLM 8.5, and now I can't get rid of it no matter what WLM version I use. It also only happens with E-Mail Notification, other Messenger Plus! notifications are displayed without this error.

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by Patchou on 07-22-2007 at 12:28 AM

I'm still pretty damn sure it'S caused by another software installed on your system. Try this: tell Messenger Plus! not to display notifications when you're busy, set your status to Busy and wait for an email check (you can verify this in the event log).

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by ahmetgns on 07-22-2007 at 06:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I'm still pretty damn sure it'S caused by another software installed on your system. Try this: tell Messenger Plus! not to display notifications when you're busy, set your status to Busy and wait for an email check (you can verify this in the event log).
Patchou, did you forget this or changed the codes about it;

Show Messenger Plus! &popup notifications when Busy

Tooltip: Note: some features may act independently of this option.\nFor example, new external mail notifications are always shown, even with this option unchecked.

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by Scary674 on 07-22-2007 at 09:21 AM

so the email bug must be definitly a msgplus bug! i reinstalled now windows vista and complete new actually windows live messenger inclusive the update from windows update and then now other patch, nor ad patcht etc, only msg plus live. and prompt, there is still the error message when i recieve the mail notification :(

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by CookieRevised on 07-22-2007 at 10:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:

Tooltip: Note: some features may act independently of this option.\nFor example, new external mail notifications are always shown, even with this option unchecked.
Plus! > Preferences > General > E-Mail Accounts > Display popup notifications when new emails are received

quote:
Originally posted by Scary674
i reinstalled now windows vista and complete new
Did you formatted first?

PS: Even if you formatted (otherwise it is not a total clean install), it still can be a bug in Windows Vista though...
RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by ahmetgns on 07-22-2007 at 03:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:

Plus! > Preferences > General > E-Mail Accounts > Display popup notifications when new emails are received
Yeah, I forgot that option really, but I think Patchou forgot it too. Since he said changing status to Busy, I think he thought that option will disable pop-ups for POP account emails. Because the option which you wrote has nothing to do with Busy status, does it?

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by Patchou on 07-22-2007 at 05:06 PM

No it is NOT a bug in Plus!, I insist very heavily on this. This error message cannot, in any way, be generated by Messenger Plus!. One other user on the forum fixed this problem by uninstalling an antispyware software.

I do want to find the cause of the problem but I also assure you it's not a bug in the software (but if we find the actual reason, I may be able to add a workaround depending on what is the cause).

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by Scary674 on 07-22-2007 at 06:55 PM

yes i have formatted first and then clean install of vista. and it cant be a problem with any antispyware software cause for me, there is nothing installed on clean vista only from vista setup the windows defender. but i installed vista and then messenger and plus addon and nothing more. so there is still the problem

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by Scary674 on 08-04-2007 at 10:32 AM

no new answers or tip to using msg plus without these error message?

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by bloodysneaker on 09-09-2007 at 05:47 PM

Hi!! I've the same problem here!! The error windows is like the one that posted splizzer in the first page(yeah mine isn't in german but in english and the title says "BAD IMAGE")! The problem occours every time an email toast ist's going to appear(1 or 2 second before)!! The first time that the message appears my win vista x64 I have installed only driver of my devices and the updates from windows update!! I don't say that it's a bug of plus, but i try to find the guilty of that message and maybe the help from other affected can drive me to a solution!!
Ps: with the join toast the message won't appear

Good bye
Pps: My english sucks :( sorry

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by Patchou on 09-17-2007 at 08:27 PM

Followup on this issue: I can now confirm 100% this error is caused when Messenger Plus! tries to load some DirectX drivers (to check if a game is running before displayign the toast). So this is either caused by your graphic driver or by a codec installed on your system.

One thing I found as a possible cause was RealPlayer 11 on Vista. If you have it installed, can you please try to uninstall it (even just temporarily) to see if it fixes your issue? (this message is for anybody having the problem).

Thanks.

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by Darken on 11-14-2007 at 04:13 AM

Any update on this issue? :)

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by Darken on 12-21-2007 at 03:19 AM

This problem is gone with latest build. Good works patchou!

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by Patchou on 12-21-2007 at 05:42 PM

Thank you for the confirmation :)

Exception processing message 0xc000007b ... by HornyToad on 12-23-2007 at 10:32 AM

hello all,

when i have entered an email account to check in msg+L v4.50.0.312 i get this popup error on Vista Home Premium just before the toast notification appears :

--------------------------------------------------
Windows - Image incorrecte

Exception Processing Message 0xc000007b Parameters
0x7573023C 0x7573023C 0x7573023C 0x7573023C
--------------------------------------------------

and then the toast notification appears.

this started to happen when i changed from aero to classic (win2k) theme,
i'd be glad to help out to test some fixes with beta versions.

Edit: i think i may have a lead on what causes the bug, its the textbox  labeled "email client" in the "email account settings" .

When a temporary url is used instead of an application or a permanent/frontdoor url.

There was an url to go directly into the sympatico inbox, but i guess the url was just temporary created by the hotmail server for the inbox and has since changed or expired.

This doesnt happen when using the normal frontdoor url http://votrecourrier.sympatico.ca

Either way, maybe this error can be avoided simply by not checking or not validating whats in the client textbox each time a toast appears or atleast showing a simple descriptive error message.

update:

it still happens eventough there's nothing in the textbox.

RE: Bug with email checker and Vista by Darken on 12-30-2007 at 08:04 PM

@HornyToad: Uncheck > "Update the unread e-mail count in my Windows account"