Shoutbox

Silently Installing Flash Player in InnoSetup Installer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Silently Installing Flash Player in InnoSetup Installer (/showthread.php?tid=74280)

Silently Installing Flash Player in InnoSetup Installer by Salem on 05-09-2007 at 09:58 PM

Hi Guys

Just got a quick message.

I'm creating an installer for an application using the Free InnoSetup (actually using the ISTool GUI tool for InnoSetup). Because the application i'm installing needs Flash Player installed, i'd like to install it as part of the installation process of my app. What commands/parameter can be used to perform a silent/unattended install of Adobe Flash Player (either exe or MSI version).

I've tried googling but couldnt find one that works.

Thanks in advance guys

~Salem(@)

RE: Silently Installing Flash Player in InnoSetup Installer by Adeptus on 05-09-2007 at 10:11 PM

The same switches described here work for the Flash Player.

Be advised that Adobe requires you to register for a free license for any kind of bundling or deployment to more than one computer.

RE: Silently Installing Flash Player in InnoSetup Installer by Salem on 05-09-2007 at 11:24 PM

Thanks. I'll try those switches in the morning, ive already registered for the free distribution license.

RE: Silently Installing Flash Player in InnoSetup Installer by CookieRevised on 05-10-2007 at 12:08 AM

Personally I do not like it when installers silently install stuff; I like to be informed if they install something additionally (and always want to know where they install it).

Of course it depends on what you mean by 'silently'. Do you mean the user does not get informed at all? Or do you mean that the user could still opt out of the installation, but that the actual installation is done silently?... And in the last case, you have two other possebilities: Do you mean 'silently' as in no user interaction, but the progress and places where stuff is being installed is visible and the user can follow the progress?. Or do you mean completely 'silent', as in 'hidden' and the user would not have any clue something else is being installed?....

This is a personal thing, but I think many others feel the same and want to be able to opt out and to be informed of the installation and its progress. So, maybe something to take into account when making an installer...

just my .3 cents...

;)

RE: RE: Silently Installing Flash Player in InnoSetup Installer by Salem on 05-10-2007 at 10:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Personally I do not like it when installers silently install stuff; I like to be informed if they install something additionally (and always want to know where they install it).

I totally understand what you mean ands somewhat agree with you.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Of course it depends on what you mean by 'silently'...Do you mean 'silently' as in no user interaction, but the progress and places where stuff is being installed is visible and the user can follow the progress?.

Thats what i want, not a totally silent (invisible) install.

~Salem(@)