Shoutbox

Online Chat logger slows messenger greatly - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Online Chat logger slows messenger greatly (/showthread.php?tid=74290)

Online Chat logger slows messenger greatly by Flashstorm on 05-10-2007 at 04:33 PM

Hello ,

Recently (can't indicate when because i was ignoring it for a long time)
My windows messenger began to respond slowly and causes every time i get or send a message to a few seconds freeze.

After a while, istopped being lazy and decided to reinstall plus! and the messenger itself.

After reinstalling them again i removed all script and etc.

Anyway, i found out that the online chat logger SLOWS MY MESSENGER to an annoying level and its "not ration" reduction.

I have looked in this forum for same topic but couldn't find one.

Thanks in advance
FlashStorm

RE: Online Chat logger slows messenger greatly by CookieRevised on 05-10-2007 at 07:01 PM

Well, other than not using that script there is not much which can be done about that as it is the script's fault.

You could always try to set up a faster ftp account or something, so the connection wil be faster. Or maybe you could contact the author of that script and explain the situation and asking him/her to make the uploading asyncronical (which therefor will not slow things down).

PS: since this has got nothing todo with Messenger Plus! itself, but with a script, I also have reported this thread to be moved to the scripting subforum. More chance there that the author of this script sees this...

;)

RE: Online Chat logger slows messenger greatly by Flashstorm on 05-10-2007 at 07:19 PM

Oh, true :\
sorry about that.

edit:
never mind, I installed this plugin long time ago, and i thought its the normal history saver that comes with the plus! itself. now that i've deleted it, my messenger goes much faster.

How foolish of me.

RE: Online Chat logger slows messenger greatly by rob_botch on 05-17-2007 at 08:14 PM

Yes, apologies for that (I wrote the script). I have stopped development of the script, but my other script,  Answer Phone, has almost all of those features and more. I do admit, the Online Chat Logger is rubbish, but Answer Phone has several options for uploading chat logs.