Shoutbox

MSN problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=74308)

MSN problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by kryp2nyt on 05-11-2007 at 12:26 PM

This is really frustrating now...

My account is around 2 years old. And am having the bug of outdated nicknames, newly added contacts have their emails only shown, NOT nicknames, and the nickname bug in WLM 8.1

Is there any solution to all this pieces of....... :@

And how can I contact Microsoft about this? via email?

RE: MSN problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Wally on 05-11-2007 at 01:27 PM

if you have just added the contact its normal that only there email will show you have to wait until they have accepted you to add to there contact list, if they have added you and your still seeing there email then im not really sure i suggest maybe making a new account if thats the case i hope this helped.

RE: MSN problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Oxy on 05-11-2007 at 03:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kryp2nyt

You can have a go.. i doubt they'd do anything about one report though.
RE: RE: MSN problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Phillip on 05-11-2007 at 04:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lukas
quote:
Originally posted by kryp2nyt

You can have a go.. i doubt they'd do anything about one report though.

and if everyone had an attitude like that then nothing would get fixed.
RE: MSN problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by kryp2nyt on 05-16-2007 at 09:23 AM

So how to contact Microsoft about my problem?

RE: MSN problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by MattyRid on 05-16-2007 at 09:28 AM

http://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlm...byemail&ct=eformts

would be the best way to contact them.

RE: MSN problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by bobble_bob on 05-29-2007 at 07:58 PM

Might aswell put in here as to start a new thread.

Any problems with WLM? Connection test says its fine, but getting error 8100314 (something to do with my contacts i think)

RE: MSN problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by ahmetgns on 05-30-2007 at 06:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wally
if they have added you and you're still seeing there email then im not really sure i suggest maybe making a new account if thats the case i hope this helped.
If people who add us weren't using any other custom display name but only their sole e-mail addresses, then it is normal to see only address. But if they have custom display name at the moment of adding, then people who are added will see that custom display name. For example, when I changed my msn address and when I was importing my old account's contacts to the new one, I changed my display name like "This is my new e-mail address, please delete the old one" at first and then imported them. And every people saw that sentence and deleted (?) my old address.
RE: MSN problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by kryp2nyt on 05-30-2007 at 07:15 AM

okay I emailed Microsoft:

and the reply was that my cache file was corrupted and opted me to delete it and let WLM re-download it again !

I did, and the same problem occured.

However, two days back, I noticed that the emails DO SHOW correctly updated when working on both 7.5 and WLM, meaning: the problem is somehow being/is fixed.

However again : not all emails update correctly (still).

WLM don't update server for contacts' display names by ahmetgns on 05-30-2007 at 07:57 AM

Here you must know that WLM and old MSN Messenger versions are working in a different way. When people use WLM, their contacts' last display names aren't stored at Messenger servers because WLM doesn't do it. WLM shows the last "seen" display names of contacts only on a specific computer. For example when you sign-in on another computer, on a WLM (well, it may be MSN Messenger though), then your contacts display names are called back from Messenger servers. So you see them as the latest updated display name information on the server. For example, if you have started using Messenger with WLM version and you never used MSN Messenger and only you've added your contacts to your contact list, no one else added you to their own contact lists, then even if you see their custom display names here, if you go and sign-in on another computer you will see only addresses there. If you want to update contacts' names on the server, you must use MSN Messenger (7.5 for instance) for some weeks or months But I don't think it is very important to see contacts' latest display names when they are offline. Is it clear?

RE: MSN problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by CookieRevised on 05-30-2007 at 08:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
When people use WLM, their contacts' last display names aren't stored at Messenger servers because WLM doesn't do it. WLM shows the last "seen" display names of contacts only on a specific computer. For example when you sign-in on another computer, on a WLM (well, it may be MSN Messenger though), then your contacts display names are called back from Messenger servers.
you're contradicting yourself. First you say WLM doesn't store contact names on the server, next you say it does...

WLM _does_ get the contact names form the server if there is no cache available. When there is a cache it will use it in order to let you sign in faster and reduce the net traffic upon sign in. When people update their screen name, the new name will be stored in the cache.

quote:
If you want to update contacts' names on the server, you must use MSN Messenger (7.5 for instance) for some weeks or months.
No.