Shoutbox

help with mouse events/ contact info - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: help with mouse events/ contact info (/showthread.php?tid=74444)

help with mouse events/ contact info by pariah123 on 05-16-2007 at 11:24 PM

2 questions ::

1) Plus doesnt support mousevents??? (Like onMouseover and such...)
2) Is there a way to access a contacts Date of Birth (assuming his user is on the Microsoft network) ?

RE: help with mouse events/ contact info by CookieRevised on 05-16-2007 at 11:29 PM

1) JScript isn't JavaScript...

Plus! support many events which include clicking on controls etc. For other stuff you need to refer to subclassing and Windows APIs directly. Look up PlusWnd::RegisterMessageNotification and OnWindowidEvent_* in the scripting documentation.

2) No

RE: help with mouse events/ contact info by effection on 05-17-2007 at 05:31 PM

here's my old mouse library with a few functions

RE: help with mouse events/ contact info by CookieRevised on 05-17-2007 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by effection
nice, but I wouldn't use that.

You don't need (crappy) polling and checking every 100ms for the mouse position and creating timers for this, simply use PlusWnd::RegisterMessageNotification and listen to Windows Messages to create real events.

;)
RE: RE: help with mouse events/ contact info by vikke on 05-17-2007 at 07:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:

You don't need (crappy) polling and checking every 100ms for the mouse position and creating timers for this, simply use PlusWnd::RegisterMessageNotification and listen to Windows Messages to create real events.

;)

PlusWnd::RegisterMessageNotification would be for one window (right?), not the whole system.
RE: help with mouse events/ contact info by CookieRevised on 05-18-2007 at 01:52 AM

If you need mouseover events it is for controls on your own created windows, in 99,999999% of all cases...

RE: RE: help with mouse events/ contact info by effection on 05-20-2007 at 11:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:

;)

yeah i was in the middle of starting that when i stopped scripting, some day il maybe rewrite it