Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out (/showthread.php?tid=74448)

Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Patchou on 05-17-2007 at 04:56 AM

Hello,

These days, it seems like not much is going on around Messenger. Many MSN/Windows Live Messenger dedicated web sites spend half of their times talking about other Windows Live related projects and with summer only a month away, it seems safe to say that the first half of the year will make history (or not) by being one of the quietest period in the life of our Messenger client… what better time to announce the following?

Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 has been released! yeah! a new version! baked so recently that you may burn yourself if you click on the download button too quickly (consider yourself warned). Once served, the first thing you’ll notice is that it contains less fat than before with a total weight of only 3.7MB per portion: it’s healthier for your internet connection and your computer won’t taste the difference. This new version is largely composed of minor fixes with a touch of improvements such as support for the recently added I’m emoticon (use it!), a better environment for script developers, new notification options for opened conversations, better chat logs for some users, a new Turkish translation, etc... people who want cool new features can always get what they’re searching for in the scripts database like Redminder+ which will remind some people of the old Scheduler from Messenger Plus! 3, Plus!Mail to write quick emails to whoever you want without having to leave Messenger, Stat Center to gather an impressive amount of statistics of anything happening in your Messenger and of course, the WDZ fan club script which is a must for anybody who visits the Messenger Plus! forums regularly.

In this new version, you’ll probably notice something else that’s new and if you read the previous news post, chances are that you already guessed what it is: a special "gold" Messenger Plus! icon has been added in the contact list and it’s the icon you’ll soon have to click on to access the very special 6th anniversary contest! I know some of you were expecting the contest to open on the same day of the release but you’ll have to wait a little more. The contest is in its final test phase, it’s big, very big, and because people will be required to have the new 4.21 version to participate, it has been decided that everything will start about a week from now.

More information about this exciting event in two days, on the 19th.
Patchou

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Chrono on 05-17-2007 at 04:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
the WDZ fan club script which is a must for anybody who visits the Messenger Plus! forums regularly.
:refuck:

Great news patchi :cheesy:
RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Keikonium on 05-17-2007 at 04:58 AM

YAY!

I've been visiting the site since about 2 pm or so today checking to see when 4.21 was coming out, and I'm glad its here :)!

I like that the blocked and offline icon on the floating contacts has been fixed ;).

Good job Patchou, and looking forward to the contest :)!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Felu on 05-17-2007 at 05:06 AM

Great news :D.
* Felu downloads new version.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by NanaFreak on 05-17-2007 at 05:22 AM

WOOOOT

* NanaFreak downloads, then reads the post =p

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Kenji on 05-17-2007 at 05:30 AM

yay, I hope I win something... :P

I probably wont, but meh.

* Kenji download.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Oxy on 05-17-2007 at 05:37 AM

Great, thanks patch!

* Oxy downloads

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by warmth on 05-17-2007 at 06:12 AM

There is a problem here for me... I installed it overy the previous one... I have last release of WLM and MSNShell running... my contact windows doesn't open :(, I know this must be done in the bugs report but... is tooooo early...

UPDATE: I unistalled the MSNShell and reinstalled and now all is working perfect!!! (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Discrate on 05-17-2007 at 06:26 AM

YAY!!!!!!!111

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Jimbo on 05-17-2007 at 06:28 AM

Nice :p
* Jimbo cant wait for the competiton

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by vikke on 05-17-2007 at 06:29 AM

Great work!
Downloading..

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Deano on 05-17-2007 at 06:39 AM

Great Job Patch (Y)

Nice :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by vaccination on 05-17-2007 at 06:58 AM

WEWT!

Congrats patchou <3

And they fixed the Crackdown Halo thing, happy days ;D

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by MattyRid on 05-17-2007 at 07:03 AM

Nice release Patchou!

definately like the new "show email in tooltip" feature!

Now for next week and state of origin :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by High Speed Chaser on 05-17-2007 at 07:15 AM

nice (Y) but no filter did you forget Patchou?

* High Speed Chaser wishes to play the 6th anniversary thing now

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by x2zen on 05-17-2007 at 07:30 AM

Great news! :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Lauren1984 on 05-17-2007 at 07:50 AM

Ohh yaynesss :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Eddie on 05-17-2007 at 08:14 AM

Congrats Patch (Y) Sounds awesome, am looking forward  to it :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by joey on 05-17-2007 at 08:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lauren1984
Ohh yaynesss :D

love that =p
well done patchou, cant wait to find out what the contest is....:zippy:

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Menthix on 05-17-2007 at 09:49 AM

Whoohoo.

WDZ will be a world famous celebrity now :D!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Lou on 05-17-2007 at 10:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by High Speed Chaser
* High Speed Chaser wishes to play the 6th anniversary thing now
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
* Jimbodude cant wait for the competiton
As a beta tester, I can tell you that it'll be worth the wait;)
RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Matti on 05-17-2007 at 10:46 AM

Yesss! Downloaded and installed! :D

Awesome release, let's see what possibilities this will bring to the scripting community... :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by prashker on 05-17-2007 at 11:31 AM

;D wooo :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Supersonicdarky on 05-17-2007 at 11:34 AM

w00t!

[Image: zippydance.gif][Image: zippydance.gif][Image: zippydance.gif]

* Supersonicdarky downloads

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Sunshine on 05-17-2007 at 11:50 AM

Yay!

[Image: sunnynana.gif]

* Sunshine updated her database with the new version already (and wrote a lil article on it ofcourse)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by scott2010_h on 05-17-2007 at 11:53 AM

* scott2010_h downloads
Can't wait for the contest
:banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Lux on 05-17-2007 at 12:33 PM

just to ask...if I use backUpExtreme, and save my setings and all, will it work with new version?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Menthix on 05-17-2007 at 12:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Luka88bg
I use backUpExtreme, and save my setings and all, will it work with new version?
I'm not sure which settings backUpExtreme stores, but there aren't that many big changes between Plus! 4.21 and 4.20. The chance that Plus! 4.21 breaks anything that did work in 4.20 is very small.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Lux on 05-17-2007 at 12:39 PM

OK thnQ menthiX ! I'll try anyway :D can't w8 :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Rolando on 05-17-2007 at 01:52 PM

Great... You guys are going to love the contest :)

PS: Make sure if you've anger management issues, you put your mouse far away from you..

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Chrono on 05-17-2007 at 01:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by q25
PS: Make sure if you've anger management issues, you put your mouse far away from you..
if you do, how will you participate? :P
RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by TheGuruSupremacy on 05-17-2007 at 01:56 PM

Good Work Patchou!!
*Downloading

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Rolando on 05-17-2007 at 01:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Originally posted by q25

you click and then put it away... You don't want your mouse to end up like Cookie's

[Image: 110_F_84746_k0FYUIEBcvi1gymaNKG4MocuD9JkYU.jpg]

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by markee on 05-17-2007 at 02:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Originally posted by q25
keyboard? sending keypresses through a script you write with the use of a keyboard? I'm sure Cookie will find a way around it (assuming he doesnt have another mouse.... which is a very stupid assumption).  Anyway, great work Patches! 

Oh and I think with the amount you update things in the scripting engine you might need to make another page in the help file showing what version is needed for different functions and properties to make it easier to look up (rather than scrolling down in each one).

Anyway, I find it great that you can put so much time into Plus! and still be happy to continue coding it and not give up.  6 years on the one project is a long time (I have found it had to commit for longer than 6 weeks) I can't wait to see your next lot of tricks you have in store for us next....
RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Zahid™ on 05-17-2007 at 02:45 PM

Nice work (y).

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by GiantSpider on 05-17-2007 at 04:21 PM

Allways a pleasure to be a tester.

And as a side note, the contest has already annoyed me no end lol.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by absorbation on 05-17-2007 at 06:07 PM

Finally :banana:.

How about some new features now (a)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Lux on 05-17-2007 at 06:13 PM

hmm...the "plya and win" ....the contest....what kind of playing will it be? does anyone know?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by CookieRevised on 05-17-2007 at 06:16 PM

quote:
hmm...the "plya and win" ....the contest....what kind of playing will it be? does anyone know?
You'll see in a couple of days...
we are not allowed to say anything more than what is already said about it (that it involves clicking your mouse :p).

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Bionic on 05-17-2007 at 06:16 PM

Thanks for the update! :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Lux on 05-17-2007 at 06:19 PM

welll.......what? i need to buy 'bout 100 of mouses cuz Im gonna click on it and click on it for milions of time? :D:P
hehe....ok.......I'll w8 and see......:@   can't w8! holp it's something funny!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Thor on 05-17-2007 at 06:52 PM

:o A new release! :D

Once again a nice release. :)

[Image: tuxnana.gif]

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by GiantSpider on 05-17-2007 at 07:07 PM

quote:
welll.......what? i need to buy 'bout 100 of mouses cuz Im gonna click on it and click on it for milions of time? :D:P
hehe....ok.......I'll w8 and see......:@   can't w8! holp it's something funny!

I'm sure I'm allowed to tell you that won't help.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Keikonium on 05-17-2007 at 07:33 PM

Clinking lots of places on a picture to uncover hidden prizes maybe?
I can't wait to play it :).

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by rix on 05-17-2007 at 08:58 PM

Very cool and awaited update has finally reached us! I'll be waiting for the contest (like everyone else). Testing the contest hasn't  proved my luckiness yet, so my time will be coming (eventually)!

Oh, but where are the stats about language usage and so on? Surely these figures can be interesting.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by duck! on 05-17-2007 at 09:50 PM

Nice update, although i do miss the installer of the scripts but that was for the scripts competition we had :P, cool gold icon, once again good work patchy (y)

*duck wonders what the competition will be

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by MeEtc on 05-18-2007 at 01:12 AM

* MeEtc just realizes that the new version was released
* MeEtc downloads

:D

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by lrac522 on 05-18-2007 at 01:33 AM

This is fantabulocious...:banana::banana:

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Lou on 05-18-2007 at 01:35 AM

So where is our new song Patchou?:P

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Nagamasa on 05-18-2007 at 02:11 AM

I've downloaded it this morning, but I just havent posted.

Great work...though IMO there should be more features added per update in the core Plus! rather than relying on scripts.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Rolando on 05-18-2007 at 03:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
I've downloaded it this morning, but I just havent posted.

Great work...though IMO there should be more features added per update in the core Plus! rather than relying on scripts.

there's always stuff being added to Plus!, even if you can't notice. Its not like Patch goes "Ok, lets re-release the same version now so people pay more attention to it and lets call it a new version"
RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by wolfeboy100 on 05-18-2007 at 03:13 AM

yay, this just made my day

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by markee on 05-18-2007 at 09:02 AM

quote:
Personally I disagree, I think Patchou should put more and more work into the script area as it means that other people can create many new  optional features rater than just one person's speed at coding.  I see scripts as being a great alternative to Patchou having to code more and more features and it means that there aren't as many wasted features.  I know that Patchou is good and all with his coding but I firmly believe that he should only focus on the really big features that are impossible in scripts or features that a majority of people will use or add to the script.  Patchou is good and all but he cant imagine and code all of the features that the whole messenger community can think of.

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, I just hope you realise the importance of scripts.

BTW, thanks heaps Patchou for fixing the toasts so we can have more than one on screen at a time, it is great to have it. <3
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Phillip on 05-18-2007 at 10:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
stuff

Well said Markee

Nice update as usual Patchou =]

* Phillip clicks the gold Plus icon again
RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Rolando on 05-18-2007 at 11:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
Well said Markee

Nice update as usual Patchou =]

* Phillip clicks the gold Plus icon again

:lol:
RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Menthix on 05-18-2007 at 12:53 PM

quote:
IMO there should be more features added per update in the core Plus! rather than relying on scripts.
Script engine should still be supported and improved, so people can continue write nice new features.

But yeah, Patchou should added something new in the next release that scripts can't do... like proper skins :p.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by CookieRevised on 05-18-2007 at 01:17 PM

Or first finalizing/improving existing features (eg: like the search dialogs, more statusses for the personalised status, making more seperate choices for the auto-accept, making it possible to decrypt logs from the preferences, ...) :p;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by s7a5 on 05-18-2007 at 02:50 PM

nicey nice!! :P
tx for the new version

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Lou on 05-18-2007 at 03:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
Personally I disagree, I think Patchou should put more and more work into the script area as it means that other people can create many new  optional features rater than just one person's speed at coding.  I see scripts as being a great alternative to Patchou having to code more and more features and it means that there aren't as many wasted features.  I know that Patchou is good and all with his coding but I firmly believe that he should only focus on the really big features that are impossible in scripts or features that a majority of people will use or add to the script.  Patchou is good and all but he cant imagine and code all of the features that the whole messenger community can think of.

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, I just hope you realise the importance of scripts.

BTW, thanks heaps Patchou for fixing the toasts so we can have more than one on screen at a time, it is great to have it. <3
On top of these, I firmly believe that with scripts comes some personalization of features. With scripts, users can choose which ones to install and therefore their experience isn't bloated. If all the scripts' features were added to Plus!, it would be so bloated that a majority of people would decide not to use it. Too much isn't better. In fact, too much, is like not enough.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Lourix on 05-18-2007 at 03:33 PM

The new version is simple but good, just waiting for the contest now. We really appreciate all you do for us, thanks :) 

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by selin309 on 05-18-2007 at 10:20 PM

thank you ...

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Pinchichuv on 05-19-2007 at 12:28 AM

thanks, its great and i like really like the plus! mail its great

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.21 is out by Shezi on 05-19-2007 at 12:53 PM

HAPPY BIRTH DAY MSGPLUS!
great work patchou.. keep going .. we are loving it.. ;)