Shoutbox

Can i remove [Play and win] and [Scripts] ON msn upper panel - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Can i remove [Play and win] and [Scripts] ON msn upper panel (/showthread.php?tid=74455)

Can i remove [Play and win] and [Scripts] ON msn upper panel by adam.yao on 05-17-2007 at 11:48 AM

thanks.

RE: Can i remove [Play and win] and [Scripts] ON msn upper panel by tony on 05-17-2007 at 12:09 PM

afaik, no

RE: Can i remove [Play and win] and [Scripts] ON msn upper panel by Menthix on 05-17-2007 at 12:26 PM

Yes you can.

- Click the Plus! icon on your contact list
- Go to Preferences -> Messenger (the second tab on the top)
- Uncheck "Add Messenger Plus! buttons in the contact list
- Click OK and restart Messenger.

The downside however will be that all 3 Plus! buttons on your contact list are removed, but you can still access the Plus! features in the good old menubar and the Plus! icons on your conversation windows.

BTW: The contest button (Play and win) will automatically disappear after the contest has finished, which will be in roughly 5 weeks.

RE: Can i remove [Play and win] and [Scripts] ON msn upper panel by absorbation on 05-17-2007 at 06:06 PM

This has been discussed before (during testing). In the future there may be an option to customise what buttons are displayed :)

RE: Can i remove [Play and win] and [Scripts] ON msn upper panel by scottisafool on 05-17-2007 at 08:30 PM

Not having the option to remove it sucks. I don't want it there, but also, I don't want to get rid of the others. Poor move...

RE: Can i remove [Play and win] and [Scripts] ON msn upper panel by Patchou on 05-17-2007 at 09:10 PM

In a month this icon will be completely removed so I didn't think it was really important to add a special option for it.

However, if you don't care about the contest, just add the following registry value :)
Key: HKCU\SOFTWARE\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live
Name: ContestEnabled (DWORD)
Value: 0

RE: Can i remove [Play and win] and [Scripts] ON msn upper panel by scottisafool on 05-17-2007 at 09:14 PM

Is that Local_Machine or Current_user?

RE: Can i remove [Play and win] and [Scripts] ON msn upper panel by Patchou on 05-17-2007 at 09:15 PM

HKCU, sorry about that :)

RE: Can i remove [Play and win] and [Scripts] ON msn upper panel by adam.yao on 05-18-2007 at 12:30 AM

Thanks to All. I have remove it using Patchou's method.

To Patchou, Can i remove [Scripts]?

RE: Can i remove [Play and win] and [Scripts] ON msn upper panel by Shony on 05-23-2007 at 07:11 PM

what kind of registry entry i have to insert? a binary value?

RE: Can i remove [Play and win] and [Scripts] ON msn upper panel by Menthix on 05-23-2007 at 07:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shony
what kind of registry entry
DWORD

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Key: HKCU\SOFTWARE\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live
Name: ContestEnabled (DWORD)
Value: 0

RE: Can i remove [Play and win] and [Scripts] ON msn upper panel by Shony on 05-23-2007 at 08:22 PM

i thought that was part of the name =)