Shoutbox

Latest Version of Plus! Live is good after all! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Latest Version of Plus! Live is good after all! (/showthread.php?tid=74458)

Latest Version of Plus! Live is good after all! by Geodesic_Dragon on 05-17-2007 at 12:43 PM

I downloaded the latest version of Messenger Plus! Live today, and it completely screwed up my copy of Windows Live Messenger. Every time I started Messenger, my computer crashed.

Seems kinda convenient that this has started happening since I got the update. It's NEVER happened before.

So, I've had to uninstall both Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! from my computer.

I'm about to reinstall Live Messenger, but I am never using Messenger Plus! again.

You just lost a user, Patchou (spelling?)!

RE: LATEST VERSION OF PLUS! LIVE IS NOT GOOD by Lux on 05-17-2007 at 12:47 PM

well...posto what kind of problem do u have, maybe there is a bag, or u didn;t do somthing how u suposed to do it....

RE: LATEST VERSION OF PLUS! LIVE IS NOT GOOD by Rolando on 05-17-2007 at 01:45 PM

There might be a problem with your computer or you might've screwed up while installing. There's several things that can happen and as you don't explain your problem at all, how are we supposed to know?

Anyways, your actitude is not the best. I mean, I know patch would say every user matters but you shouldn't come with that kind of actitute, you're just one user who experienced a problem, out of hundreds of thousands..

RE: LATEST VERSION OF PLUS! LIVE IS NOT GOOD by absorbation on 05-17-2007 at 06:01 PM

If there is a bug, it would help if you could provide as many details as possible :). You can download the latest older build here:

Messenger Plus! Live 4.20.262.exe

RE: LATEST VERSION OF PLUS! LIVE IS NOT GOOD by Supersonicdarky on 05-17-2007 at 06:56 PM

just so you know, 1 user is nothing compared with over 200 000 downloads a day.

also, there are other add ons for wlm that you can try such as messenger discovery (which is crap :wink:)

RE: LATEST VERSION OF PLUS! LIVE IS NOT GOOD by EBFL on 05-17-2007 at 07:01 PM

Also make you downloaded the official plus from Here.

RE: RE: LATEST VERSION OF PLUS! LIVE IS NOT GOOD by GiantSpider on 05-17-2007 at 07:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
just so you know, 1 user is nothing compared with over 200 000 downloads a day.

also, there are other add ons for wlm that you can try such as messenger discovery (which is crap :wink:)

Nice, get them on side & that.

To the original poster: We are here to help, so ask us to assit you & we will, but what is the point in that post of yours? If you just posted to vent your anger, well good for you, but its you that's losing out.
RE: LATEST VERSION OF PLUS! LIVE IS NOT GOOD by joey on 05-17-2007 at 07:33 PM

strange how its just one person thats saying plus doesn't work and its not his fault...8-)

RE: LATEST VERSION OF PLUS! LIVE IS NOT GOOD by Patchou on 05-17-2007 at 07:53 PM

I hope you can get back and tell us more about the problem. I'm pretty sure you could try reinstalling Plus! without risking anything, Messenger Plus! only acts locally.

RE: LATEST VERSION OF PLUS! LIVE IS NOT GOOD by lrac522 on 05-18-2007 at 12:48 AM

One of the smoothest installation ever done on my pc. :banana::banana: Hi all...

RE: LATEST VERSION OF PLUS! LIVE IS NOT GOOD by lar on 05-21-2007 at 04:03 AM

I have the same problem....
When I install the latest version 4.21.270,I open the Msn and I login,then the msn show that there is problem and auto close.

Even I uninstall Messenger Plus and reinstall msn but still can`t solve this situation.
I can`t use Msn anymore.

I have installed the msn shell,I know it carsh with Messenger Plus.But I already uninstall it.

Could you help me?

RE: LATEST VERSION OF PLUS! LIVE IS NOT GOOD by Geodesic_Dragon on 05-21-2007 at 03:31 PM

Well, I do apolgoise. It turns out it was my updated video drivers that were causing the problem!

I really must investigate all possibilities before I go jumping to conclusions.

I'll have to take my problem up with NVIDIA. In the meantime, I have rolled back my video drivers and I am going to start using Plus! again.

Apologies once again, I was in a bit of a bad mood when I made the original post (as you can imagine).

So, no hard feelings, eh? (Y)

RE: Latest Version of Plus! Live is good after all! by Menthix on 05-21-2007 at 04:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Geodesic_Dragon
Apologies once again, I was in a bit of a bad mood when I made the original post (as you can imagine).
No problem :) At least you took the time to come back and let us know the real problem. Glad you got it fixed.