Shoutbox

Unable to play DVD even after AnyDVD/Help needed - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Unable to play DVD even after AnyDVD/Help needed (/showthread.php?tid=74495)

Unable to play DVD even after AnyDVD/Help needed by alegator on 05-18-2007 at 08:31 PM

I have this DVD movie (DVD5) which I tried to play in two different standalone Sony DVD players. None of them was able to play it claiming region code. So I copied this DVD to a Verbatim blank DVD+RW with AnyDVD open in the background using NeroExpress (I checked the AnyDVD settings and everything was checked to remove protections, etc). I then tried playing this newly recorder DVD in both Sony's standalone players and still they were unable to play them. I can't figure out why, since AnyDVD is supposed to remove all compatibility issues. Also, DVD+RW media is supposed to be compatible with these players. Any help? Thanks.

RE: Unable to play DVD even after AnyDVD/Help needed by linx05 on 05-20-2007 at 02:54 AM

AnyDVD isn't meant to remove all compatibility issues. Have a read on the AnyDVD page on SlySoft as to what it can do.

Is this still the same issue as last time?

RE: Unable to play DVD even after AnyDVD/Help needed by Supersonicdarky on 05-20-2007 at 03:01 AM

find hacks for specifically for your player. i've done that and it works great.

http://www.videohelp.com/

RE: RE: Unable to play DVD even after AnyDVD/Help needed by alegator on 05-20-2007 at 04:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
AnyDVD isn't meant to remove all compatibility issues. Have a read on the AnyDVD page on SlySoft as to what it can do.

Is this still the same issue as last time?

Yes, only that this time the issue is with another Sony DVD player. The explanation for this happening as I found out is that the DVD is in PAL format and the DVD player is only NTSC compatible. So I have three options:
1) ReEncode te PAL DVD to NTSC (a long time consuming process)
2) Trick the DVD player into thinking that it is a NTSC DVD (using IfoEdit)
3) Buy a new DVD player both NTSC and PAL compatible (probably the best option given the cheap prices)
RE: Unable to play DVD even after AnyDVD/Help needed by linx05 on 05-20-2007 at 10:26 AM

I would definitely go with option 3. I don't know what it is like in countries other than Australia but here you can buy region free (or done with a hack) and PAL/NTSC compatible DVD Players very easily.

I can't remember correctly but there are some downsides with using the IfoEdit *hack*.

RE: RE: Unable to play DVD even after AnyDVD/Help needed by alegator on 05-21-2007 at 01:44 AM

quote:
I would definitely go with option 3. I don't know what it is like in countries other than Australia but here you can buy region free (or done with a hack) and PAL/NTSC compatible DVD Players very easily.

I can't remember correctly but there are some downsides with using the IfoEdit *hack*.

Are you in the USA or Australia? I'm asking this because in the USA it's not that easy to get PAL-compatible DVD players.
RE: Unable to play DVD even after AnyDVD/Help needed by linx05 on 05-21-2007 at 06:30 AM

Australia.

RE: Unable to play DVD even after AnyDVD/Help needed by Dr4g0n on 05-21-2007 at 09:20 AM

quote:

You mean because of them being different standards, which use different frame rates and resolutions? (Not to mention they display the picture in a completely different way.)
RE: Unable to play DVD even after AnyDVD/Help needed by linx05 on 05-21-2007 at 09:59 AM

Yes. There isn't any converting at all, only a change in the IFOs. It does work. But not with all players. I would much rather buy a TV/DVD player which supports both formats. Have a read of these threads for some more info about using IfoEdit:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=115963
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=118063
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=109787

RE: RE: RE: Unable to play DVD even after AnyDVD/Help needed by rav0 on 05-24-2007 at 10:21 AM

quote:
Since it's not a proper DVD-Video you sometimes end up getting wierd playback rates and speeds with video and audio.

quote:
Originally posted by alegator
quote:

Are you in the USA or Australia? I'm asking this because in the USA it's not that easy to get PAL-compatible DVD players.

Yeah, option 3 ftw. Then you just use the disk you get you don't need to make your own copy. Australia is pal based so most DVD players sold here play pal-style DVDs as pal and NTSC-style DVDs as NTSC. Some also play pal-style DVDs as NTSC and NTSC-style DVDs as PAL (my Philips I can tell it to output for a pal TV, an NTSC TV or a multi TV, my Playstation will output the way the disk was designed only). Region free players are fairly common here as well (region locking is semi-illegal now as well).