Shoutbox

Annoying bug with Find Text window in a conversation - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Annoying bug with Find Text window in a conversation (/showthread.php?tid=74535)

Annoying bug with Find Text window in a conversation by ahmetgns on 05-20-2007 at 10:02 AM

Yesterday, I wanted to search some text in my chat with some contact. I opened Find Text window of Plus! and wrote the text. It has just found the word I'm looking for and I became happy. However when I clicked on the Cancel button of Find Text window to read the lines which my keyword passes, it automatically went to the end of conversation. I tried again by clicking x on Find Text window, but it did the same thing. So I checked the position of the button on slide bar, and after closing the Find Text window, I manually went to that position to read text there. I have checked the same thing on Script Editor window by searching a text (which is NEW! in this version) but no problem there, when closed, page didn't go to the end.

RE: Annoying bug with Find Text window in a conversation by CookieRevised on 05-20-2007 at 10:39 AM

That's how it was designed.

RE: Annoying bug with Find Text window in a conversation by toddy on 05-20-2007 at 10:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
So I checked the position of the button on slide bar, and after closing the Find Text window, I manually went to that position to read text there
not really a bug, would be more annoying if after you had found the text, you had to scroll back down to the bottom of the convo. and as you can read (and highlight) the text whilst the find text window is open. i can't see a problem
RE: Annoying bug with Find Text window in a conversation by ahmetgns on 05-20-2007 at 10:45 AM

Then in my opinion it is a wrong design, we can already go to the end of conversation simply by clicking on [Image: attachment.php?pid=818087]

What do you think? Is current design better? Or don't you like current design too?

RE: Annoying bug with Find Text window in a conversation by toddy on 05-20-2007 at 10:48 AM

quote:
Is current design better
yes !
RE: Annoying bug with Find Text window in a conversation by ahmetgns on 10-05-2007 at 12:34 PM

Bump!

Can you add this functionality with the help of Ctrl key in version 4.50?

If we keep Ctrl key pressed while closing the Find Text window, then it won't scroll to the end of Sent/Received Messages section. Thanks in advance.

RE: RE: Annoying bug with Find Text window in a conversation by vikke on 10-05-2007 at 02:20 PM

When I think about it, this seems very annoying, and no other program acts like this. I mean, if you search for something, you want to see the results, you don't want it to scroll down again.

I always close windows after using them, to avoid confusion with the windows.

quote:
Then in my opinion it is a wrong design, we can already go to the end of conversation simply by clicking on [Image: attachment.php?pid=818087]

What do you think? Is current design better? Or don't you like current design too?

You could also click CTRL+END to jump to the end.
RE: Annoying bug with Find Text window in a conversation by Patchou on 10-05-2007 at 09:26 PM

Agreed. It's been changed.