Shoutbox

Create mockup program GUI screenshots *Not-Urgent-Anymore* - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Create mockup program GUI screenshots *Not-Urgent-Anymore* (/showthread.php?tid=74597)

Create mockup program GUI screenshots *Not-Urgent-Anymore* by rav0 on 05-22-2007 at 09:07 AM

I need to create a GUI design for a program that I'll make but first I need GUI mockups.

Does anybody know of any programs for Windows that will let me place stuff onto a window how I want so that I can take a screenshot to show the idea?

It'd be nice if the program will take a screenshot itself in high resolution so I can print it, or have Cleartype disabled for the mockup so that screenshots look less ugly when expanded, but anything will do really since I need it urgently I gave up.

RE: Create mockup program GUI screenshots *Urgent* by Sunshine on 05-22-2007 at 10:48 AM

Photoshop, Paint?

RE: Create mockup program GUI screenshots *Urgent* by rav0 on 05-22-2007 at 11:00 AM

Yeah, Paint.Net is my backup plan but I was hoping to find a program in which I could place items like command boxes/radio buttons/etc the way they appear in Windows and then be able to resize/edit them still. Visual Basic 6 lets you do it (I could just design the program and put no code behind it) but I don't have it.

RE: Create mockup program GUI screenshots *Urgent* by ShawnZ on 05-22-2007 at 11:05 AM

C#/VB.Net Express will do it, and they're free

RE: Create mockup program GUI screenshots *Urgent* by rav0 on 05-22-2007 at 12:15 PM

Thanks a lot will check it out now.

Was it Visual Studio Express that you meant?

Update
I had a look and it seems to me like it'll do what I need (plus a bunch of cool stuff I hadn't considered), except it's too big for me to download and install right now. I'm just going to my backup plan.