Shoutbox

*Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost (/showthread.php?tid=74645)

*Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by MeEtc on 05-23-2007 at 11:19 PM

"Tom, you there?"
"Yeah Jack?"
"Tom, I'm gonna bring my people to the radio tower. Then I'm gonna make a phone call, and get all my people rescued. Every single one. And when thats done, I'm coming back. I'm gonna kill you."

Wow, this is like the best episode of Lost ever!

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by Volv on 05-24-2007 at 07:08 AM

All I can see after just watching that is... WOW THAT WAS FRIGGIN AMAZING!!!

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by M73A on 05-24-2007 at 08:49 AM

poor charlie :(

Naomi's evil... wished we'd seen more of her team, like at the end of the ep have a thing on her boat (like the portugeuse people at season 2)

Charlie didnt have to shut himself in, the looking glass would have taken ages to flood through that stupid window... now claire and charlie wont ever happen...

Jack is a twat in my books, ever since around the time kate and sayid etc saved him i havent liked him.. but now! god what a jackass... I'm with locke on this one and wtf happened to walt!? i bet we never see him anymore!!!

bah, heroes over, lost over, ugly betty over, prison break over.... anyone wanna recommend something else?

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by MeEtc on 05-24-2007 at 11:58 AM

Lost isn't returning until '08 :cry:

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by saralk on 05-24-2007 at 12:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
Charlie didnt have to shut himself in, the looking glass would have taken ages to flood through that stupid window... now claire and charlie wont ever happen...

I think he realised that if he doesn't kill himself, then Claire won't get rescued as per Desmond's vision.
RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by Volv on 05-24-2007 at 12:40 PM

I just realised a flaw in the episode. Considering that the Looking Glass is pressurised, it is impossible for the water to rise to a level greater than the top of the window. This is because once the water level has reached the top of the window air would no longer be able to escape as air floats above water (and hence can't go under the water to escape out the window) and since the room is pressurised no more water would be able to flow in either.

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by saralk on 05-24-2007 at 01:10 PM

You don't actually see how high the water level gets too, you just see that water is going up. Maybe Charlie, in a "greater good" moment realises that unless he dies, Claire wont get rescued unless he drowns, so he is going to stay in the room, even if he doesn't drown he will die due to asphyxiation.

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by Volv on 05-24-2007 at 01:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
You don't actually see how high the water level gets too, you just see that water is going up. Maybe Charlie, in a "greater good" moment realises that unless he dies, Claire wont get rescued unless he drowns, so he is going to stay in the room, even if he doesn't drown he will die due to asphyxiation.
It definitely shows the water level above the window after Charlie shows Desmond what he wrote on his hand and we see him just floating there...

EDIT: Got a picture of it:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=819404]
RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by saralk on 05-24-2007 at 02:16 PM

Right you are, it is probably an embelishment in order to make it more dramatic. Lost doesn't always seem to stick to the laws of physics.

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by Volv on 05-24-2007 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Right you are, it is probably an embelishment in order to make it more dramatic. Lost doesn't always seem to stick to the laws of physics.
But TV is meant to be educational!
I only expect them to get their scientific facts correct like Stargate, Heroes, Battlestar Galactica and even South Park!! </sarcasm> :p
RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by saralk on 05-24-2007 at 02:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
quote:
But TV is meant to be educational!
I only expect them to get their scientific facts correct like Stargate, Heroes, Battlestar Galactica and even South Park!! </sarcasm> :p

The impossibility of a room flooding is quite low down in my list of things that I want explaining on Lost, things like floating clouds that can kill people, supersonic barriers and how Claire still look so fit.

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by absorbation on 05-24-2007 at 06:25 PM

What an annoying ending! Now I have to watch Season 4 :P

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by M73A on 05-24-2007 at 08:21 PM

LOL hmm... charlie could have survived anyway then!! argh!!

i would have watched season 4 even if this ep didnt make me want to:P

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by toddy on 05-24-2007 at 10:24 PM

episode didn't make much sense tbh

was the bit with jack n kate at the end in the future, or the past? how did they guy survive an arrow through the heart? how did lock make it to the tower minutes after jack & gang?

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by M73A on 05-24-2007 at 10:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
episode didn't make much sense tbh

was the bit with jack n kate at the end in the future, or the past? how did they guy survive an arrow through the heart? how did lock make it to the tower minutes after jack & gang?

mikhail seems t be invincible? its bloody annoying!

Jack & Kate was a 'flashforward' not a flashback  :O

yea the whole Ben thing, apparently he was closer to start with so it didnt matter the left before or something (whe he was drawing on the map)
RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by toddy on 05-24-2007 at 11:05 PM

quote:

jack says get my dad down here and we'll see who's drunker (or words to them effect) to his boss tho. so how can this be a flash forward ?

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by MeEtc on 05-24-2007 at 11:28 PM

it was definitely forward. Jack and Kate didn't know each other in the past, and jack was definitely not depressed or unshaven in any of the other flashbacks that I have seen

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by toddy on 05-25-2007 at 09:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
it was definitely forward. Jack and Kate didn't know each other in the past,says who?
and jack was definitely not depressed or unshaven in any of the other flashbacks that I have seen
just becuase it hasn't been seen in the other flash backs, doesn't mean that it hasn't happened

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by M73A on 05-25-2007 at 09:17 AM

quote:
quote:

jack says get my dad down here and we'll see who's drunker (or words to them effect) to his boss tho. so how can this be a flash forward ?
i think he was lieing to try and get the woman to hand over the drugs, so when she said ok ill call him he stormed off because shed get told he was dead
RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by toddy on 05-25-2007 at 09:55 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

i think he was lieing to try and get the woman to hand over the drugs, so when she said ok ill call him he stormed off because shed get told he was dead
no, he says it to his boss, an hour n 3 minutes into the show. it would appear that is it a flash forward, however bits of it don't make sense

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by Pyroteq on 05-25-2007 at 11:07 AM

By far the best lost episode(s) this season.
Charlie could easily have escaped.

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by saralk on 05-25-2007 at 11:17 AM

quote:
ack says get my dad down here and we'll see who's drunker (or words to them effect) to his boss tho. so how can this be a flash forward ?

Maybe it was because Jack was drunk, in a "my dad used to get way drunker than I am now, yet you still gave him more respect than you are giving me now" kind of thing.
RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by Volv on 05-25-2007 at 11:31 AM

quote:
Maybe it was because Jack was drunk, in a "my dad used to get way drunker than I am now, yet you still gave him more respect than you are giving me now" kind of thing.
Or it could have been a joke: get him down here from 'up there' and I bet he will still be drunker than I am :p

Either way, I think it was definitely a flashforward, I doubt Kate and Jack knew each other (especially by name) or they would have known each other in episode 1 where he asks her to stitch his arm and where they find out each others names etc.

Also, Jack tells Kate how he uses his 'Gold Pass' - which he says they were given by the airline - to fly over the Pacific every Friday. I don't think both he and Kate would have these passes prior to the plane crash...
RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by Pyroteq on 05-25-2007 at 11:39 AM

Maybe by get him down here he ment.. get him down from heaven kinda thing.
Theres no way Jack and Kate knew each other beforehand, and by going back are they reffering to the island? Jack wants to crash back on the Island?
Any ideas on who the funeral was for?

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by Volv on 05-25-2007 at 11:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pyroteq
Maybe by get him down here he ment.. get him down from heaven kinda thing.
That's what I meant with:
quote:
Or it could have been a joke: get him down here from 'up there' and I bet he will still be drunker than I am :p

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by Pyroteq on 05-25-2007 at 12:13 PM

Yeah but still....
Whos funeral?
and whats up with locke..
Future coffin - locke maybe?
And kate in the future - living with sawyer?

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by markee on 05-25-2007 at 12:34 PM

I think it would have been sawyer in the coffin because Kate only seems to talk with the girls otherwise and they would have had other survivors at their funerals while sawyer is still an outcast realistically.  Maybe something happens between Kate and Sawyer?  Oh and yeah, it's definitely a flash forward now that you guys say those things and I was thinking about those physics before the grenade went off :P  And realistically, even given the density of the water down there, the grenade wouldn't have blown the glass from that distance and with the thick glass it would have to be (after all the guy swam away from the glass a bit).  And one last question.... how did Penelope know to send a signal out there right at that very moment the jamming equipment wet down?

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by Volv on 05-25-2007 at 01:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
how did Penelope know to send a signal out there right at that very moment the jamming equipment wet down?
She was probably attempting to establish a connection constantly (all the time), like we saw in the season finale of Season 2 when she had those people in the arctic or whatever which rang her...
RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by Pyroteq on 05-26-2007 at 05:13 AM

quote:
quote:
how did Penelope know to send a signal out there right at that very moment the jamming equipment wet down?
She was probably attempting to establish a connection constantly (all the time), like we saw in the season finale of Season 2 when she had those people in the arctic or whatever which rang her...

I was always waiting for them to do somthing else. I dont think its sawyer in the coffin, i think its locke... I think sawyer is living with kate, how she turns up to meet jack and says she has to leave because 'he will find out'
Also next season - a season about being off the island? or maybe still there with flash forwards, or even half there half off the island..
Season after- return to the island?
RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by Volv on 05-26-2007 at 07:13 AM

I don't think they'll get off the island until the last season, remember it's "not Penny's boat".

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by markee on 05-26-2007 at 07:18 AM

quote:
I don't think they'll get off the island until the last season, remember it's "not Penny's boat".
I think they'll get picked up before the final series, I think they could have a whole series of them trying to get their lives back if the writers wanted it (and possibly being pursued by the dharma people?) and I can see the people from the boat being the new "others" and them trying to survive from their attacks, possibly even joining forces with the remainder of the current "others".
RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by Pyroteq on 05-26-2007 at 07:23 AM

quote:
quote:
I think they'll get picked up before the final series, I think they could have a whole series of them trying to get their lives back if the writers wanted it (and possibly being pursued by the dharma people?) and I can see the people from the boat being the new "others" and them trying to survive from their attacks, possibly even joining forces with the remainder of the current "others".

Remember tho, ben is 'scared' of them - they are either going to kill everyone or save them.. i think that maybe, at the expense of some peoples lives or saving them, a few people escape the island such as jack and kate.. then thats why jack says we have to go back - he feels guilty and he wants to go and save, say hurley sayid etc.

Edit: which may even be a reference to "Im no hero" (in the pharmacy) - He remembers he has done an unheroic thing (saving himself at the expense of others) and cant be anyones hero. This would also explain his apparent depression and alcoholism - he wasn't like that before he went to the island.

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by Volv on 05-26-2007 at 07:29 AM

quote:
They would lose too many viewers if they had a season of Lost off the island - and besides, then they'd have to call it 'Found' heh :p
But you are right about the Dharma thing, we still need to find out about who they were, the problem is there doesnt seem to be any Dharma people left on the island (except Ben).

Ben also asked one of the Others to take the rest of them to the 'Temple' whilst he attempts to persuade Jack and Co. not to signal the ship. What do you think the temple is?

quote:
Originally posted by Pyroteq
Remember tho, ben is 'scared' of them - they are either going to kill everyone or save them.. i think that maybe, at the expense of some peoples lives or saving them, a few people escape the island such as jack and kate.. then thats why jack says we have to go back - he feels guilty and he wants to go and save, say hurley sayid etc.
Perhaps the people on the boat are part of the Dharma Initiative and that is why Ben fears them returning and destroying the hostiles (of which Ben is now a part of).

EDIT: But then again ofcourse he may just be tricking them.
Another thing I also thought of is how Ben is very good at reverse psychology - did you ever think that maybe he wants them to signal the boat for some reason or another?
RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by markee on 05-26-2007 at 07:45 AM

quote:
They would lose too many viewers if they had a season of Lost off the island - and besides, then they'd have to call it 'Found' heh (Smilie)
But you are right about the Dharma thing, we still need to find out about who they were, the problem is there doesnt seem to be any Dharma people left on the island (except Ben).
I think the guy in the movies is Sun's father and his company is behind it possibly.  Remember, Sun has never seen any of the movies so she wouldn't know, and the guy in the movies seems like he should be old enough for it too.
RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by Pyroteq on 05-26-2007 at 08:48 AM

Weve seen sun's father before though.
can anyone get the two pictures and put them together to see if thier similiar?
or tell me the episode which features a video, and an episode that features sun's father and ill do it.(i cant be bothered to find it myself)

RE: *Spoiler* "I'm gonna kill you" -Lost by saralk on 05-26-2007 at 08:54 AM

quote:
EDIT: But then again ofcourse he may just be tricking them.
Another thing I also thought of is how Ben is very good at reverse psychology - did you ever think that maybe he wants them to signal the boat for some reason or another?

I don't think he wanted them to send the message, Jack was obviously going to send the message anyway, so he wouldn't have turned up and told him something that could potentially throw him off.

I think this was on of the few times we've seen Ben be honest, but in a "boy who cried wolf" scenario, noone listened to him and all the sheep are going to get killed.