Shoutbox

Blue Screen Error.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Blue Screen Error.. (/showthread.php?tid=74653)

Blue Screen Error.. by Eddie on 05-24-2007 at 11:49 AM

My computer keeps randomly rebooting itself is the initial problem, but today i decided to try and figure out why, when it came up report serious error i went through all that jazz, and it says Blue Screen error with Code, what exactly does this mean? :S

RE: Blue Screen Error.. by MeEtc on 05-24-2007 at 11:56 AM

If its random, my first thought is overheating. Find a program that can see your CPU's temperature or go into the BIOS's hardware monitor after one of these errors and see what the temperature sensors are reporting. anything greater than 50C could indicate that you might be overheating.

RE: Blue Screen Error.. by Phillip on 05-24-2007 at 11:58 AM

Do you have the code..? If so can you post it here.

RE: Blue Screen Error.. by Jarrod on 05-24-2007 at 12:06 PM

it might not necessarily  be random try and write the errorcode down and google it but a little while back i installed folder lock on my computer and it gave me blue screens for no reason at all un-installed it and never had the prob again. but my friend's computer was over heating and it didn't give him a blue screen, i would've thought it would just restart if it got to hot

(my cpu runs at 65 degrees and nothing happens)

RE: Blue Screen Error.. by Eddie on 05-24-2007 at 12:08 PM

My computer has a tendency of getting over-heated, im still looking into a new one later in the year, but cash flow isn't great right now to get new computer stuff :(

RE: Blue Screen Error.. by Nagamasa on 05-24-2007 at 07:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
My computer has a tendency of getting over-heated
Well what I did to cool down my computer was just opening the case...it's usually enough to cool it enough to not overheat for me.
RE: Blue Screen Error.. by Voldemort on 05-24-2007 at 07:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
Well what I did to cool down my computer was just opening the case...it's usually enough to cool it enough to not overheat for me.
whichhh would disrupt the airflow... :p
RE: Blue Screen Error.. by Jhrono on 05-24-2007 at 08:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:
... but would also end with a possible 'green house' effect..

However, opening the case isn't a good solution. You should always consider after-market cooling solutions or, even for greater cooling, a water cooling system (And I won't even mention extreme cooling systems lol)
RE: Blue Screen Error.. by joey on 05-24-2007 at 08:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:

it works for my comp o.0

i know my CPU temperature once reached about 75C and the maximum its designed to go is around 85-90C, so that shit me up. took the case off and went down considerably
RE: Blue Screen Error.. by Nagamasa on 05-24-2007 at 08:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jhrono
You should always consider after-market cooling solutions or, even for greater cooling, a water cooling system (And I won't even mention extreme cooling systems lol)
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
but cash flow isn't great right now to get new computer stuff :(

RE: Blue Screen Error.. by Eddie on 05-25-2007 at 06:41 AM

thanks all :) ive taken the case of for now, doesnt seem to be much of a solution because it has still restarted once or twice, when i get home and if XP is still open i will use it as a quick fix until i get some decent cash :)

RE: Blue Screen Error.. by joemailey on 05-25-2007 at 09:41 AM

lol get a gaint fan n stick it at side of your case lol

like one u'd use about the house i done that few times until i could be bothered fixing my over heating issue.

few case fans later it was fixed :)