Shoutbox

wlm popups? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: wlm popups? (/showthread.php?tid=74681)

wlm popups? by Supersonicdarky on 05-25-2007 at 11:36 AM

i got a popup out of no-where, and i dont have the sponsor installed. no any other adware either. the url of the windows has "MSN" in the url so i think its from wlm.

did this happen before?

[Image: popup.jpg]

RE: wlm popups? by Volv on 05-25-2007 at 11:42 AM

The closest thing I've ever received is some sort of error from the Contact List advertisement (one of those Debug error thingies).

Apart from the obvious stuff like adware/spyware, this popup could be something triggered by one of the actual official WLM advertisements which appear in the Contact List... The adverts may refer to 'MSN' rather than 'WLM' because they are slightly outdated or whatever. I probably wouldn't worry if this was a one-off occurance but if it happens multiple times then you should probably investigate further.

RE: wlm popups? by Lux on 05-25-2007 at 09:33 PM

sama thing happend to me couple a days ago.....

[Image: popup.jpg]

i just clicked, no and f*** offffffff ! :D :D

donno what is it.........:)

RE: wlm popups? by CookieRevised on 05-25-2007 at 11:30 PM

What Volv said....

But:

quote:
Originally posted by Luka88bg
sama thing happend to me couple a days ago..... i just clicked, no and f*** offffffff ! :D :D
donno what is it.........:)
If you dunno what it is I strongly suggest not to click anything at all (except for ALT-F4)!!! It is a very old trick of (malicious) advertisers to also do something (install something) when you click 'no' or 'close' or those kinds of buttons.