Shoutbox

Plus! Contest error message; Sounds fishy. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Plus! Contest error message; Sounds fishy. (/showthread.php?tid=74761)

Plus! Contest error message; Sounds fishy. by riahc4 on 05-27-2007 at 09:42 PM

[Image: pluserrorcc6.jpg]
I tried a spot on the grid but this message showed up. I trust Patchou and Messenger Plus! but this IS kind of fishy...

RE: Plus! Contest error message; Sounds fishy. by sylar on 05-27-2007 at 09:55 PM

Read the other thread.. it's just a small bug. I've even got 404 errors, but IF you win anything it will be recorded anyway.

RE: Plus! Contest error message; Sounds fishy. by Menthix on 05-27-2007 at 10:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
I trust Patchou and Messenger Plus! but this IS kind of fishy
Why is it fishy? It's just an error message, because the server didn't receive the coordinates from your PC properly. Could be because the connection was lost while it was sending the data, which happens sometimes on a busy server. It's not like it says "You just clicked a winning pixel but we're not sending you anything... mhuauahaha".

I had the same error too once.
RE: Plus! Contest error message; Sounds fishy. by MicroWay on 05-27-2007 at 10:11 PM

Also, don't forget that we are in the second day of contest.. Some bugs can appear too...

I'm playing the whole day and I had only one error -> whem the servers went down... In exception of that, no problems

RE: Plus! Contest error message; Sounds fishy. by Izlude on 05-27-2007 at 10:32 PM

that happened to me just right now lol. go see:

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7116/invalidys2.jpg

RE: Plus! Contest error message; Sounds fishy. by Patchou on 05-27-2007 at 10:33 PM

lol... fishy? aren't you being just a little bit paranoid? :p

This bug has just been found and fixed.

RE: Plus! Contest error message; Sounds fishy. by sunny_man on 05-27-2007 at 10:35 PM

On one particular co-ordinate, I get a blank screen after clicking it, just to let you know. Hasn't happened with any other co-ordinate yet. I'll let you know if this changes.

Update: stopped now.

RE: Plus! Contest error message; Sounds fishy. by robochief on 05-27-2007 at 10:36 PM

Another error that I got after click a coordinate (can't recall which), is a blank window.
The window title and borders are displayed correctly, but the content is simply white.
Closing and reopening and contest window seems to fix the issue.

RE: Plus! Contest error message; Sounds fishy. by Panachiba on 05-27-2007 at 10:52 PM

yeah, that happened to me too :(..all the screen white..

RE: Plus! Contest error message; Sounds fishy. by riahc4 on 05-27-2007 at 11:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
I trust Patchou and Messenger Plus! but this IS kind of fishy
Why is it fishy? It's just an error message, because the server didn't receive the coordinates from your PC properly. Could be because the connection was lost while it was sending the data, which happens sometimes on a busy server. It's not like it says "You just clicked a winning pixel but we're not sending you anything... mhuauahaha".

I had the same error too once.
Hey. Im just posting what I see. If you have the freedom to skip over my post.
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
lol... fishy? aren't you being just a little bit paranoid? :p

This bug has just been found and fixed.
I said fishy. I never insulted you and like I said I trust you and your software. So paranoid nothing. I was just reporting the bug.
RE: Plus! Contest error message; Sounds fishy. by Patchou on 05-28-2007 at 02:06 AM

I know you didn't insult anybody, keep cool :). Thank you for reporting the problem.