Shoutbox

- Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Thread: (/showthread.php?tid=74764)

by Patchou on 05-27-2007 at 11:19 PM

Heya,

well, I must admit, the last 24 hours kept me pretty busy. I didn’t think I would post again so soon but the initial response to the contest has simply be amazing: more than 9 million clicks were made on the game grid for the first day of the contest. In that time, some bugs were fixed and some adjustments have been made to the servers to support the wave of people connecting each and every minute. For those of you who got/get error messages while playing, I must point out that this does not mean in any way that you won something, it just means that the server had a glitch and that your click did not go through, that’s all (sorry :)).

And to top all that, I had a pretty nice surprise this afternoon: one of the server scripts had a glitch which was introduced during the beta-testing days of the contest which allowed people to win the prizes of given locations over and over again. I won’t give the exact numbers but let’s say that not only one XBox 360 Elite and 13 shirts have been won since yesterday. After thinking about it over and over again, I came to the conclusion that none of you should have to be disappointed because of my mistakes so I’ll honour the prizes of all the winners that were made during that period. Every validated winner will receive an email soon asking again for his/her full address (as asked on the wining form) to make sure the database kept valid entries for everybody.

Now that this glitch has been fixed, we’re back on track for the week with 30 prizes left until next Saturday (at the time of writing). Once again, good luck to all of you and enjoy those lucky bonus XBox prizes! :-)

Patch

RE: As if there was not enough prizes already… by Volv on 05-27-2007 at 11:21 PM

Very generous of you (Y)

by MeEtc on 05-27-2007 at 11:23 PM

wewt! at least you're not going to disappoint anybody (Y)

by albert on 05-27-2007 at 11:23 PM

Thanks Patchou, now could you make our lives easier and tell me where the Xbox is hiding? I would love to keep my mouse and my finger alive. :(

by prashker on 05-27-2007 at 11:23 PM

Heh, nice ;>

by matty on 05-27-2007 at 11:23 PM

So does that mean there is less 360s now or are you/C2Media providing the extras?

by Patchou on 05-27-2007 at 11:34 PM

I'm providing the extras, there will be 2 additional XBox 360 Elite to win in the next two weeks as originally planned (note for those interested: none of the other big prizes for the week have been won yet).

RE: As if there was not enough prizes already… by Volv on 05-27-2007 at 11:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
(note for those interested: none of the other big prizes for the week have been won yet)
Can I have them then? :p
by matty on 05-27-2007 at 11:43 PM

I am still anxious to win a 360 I will have to wait till next week for that.  In the meantime I can try for a PS3... however I can only win one or the other.

by Voldemort on 05-27-2007 at 11:45 PM

i can win whatever you want :<

btw i tried to get sam to phone call you to tell you of the glitch but he refused... said he wanted a 360 :-< he gave your phone to call but i couldnt

RE: As if there was not enough prizes already&#8230; by andrey on 05-27-2007 at 11:45 PM

btw, do you have to be online or can you appear as offline and still win prizes?

by Voldemort on 05-27-2007 at 11:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrey
you appear as offline and still win prizes?
you can :)
by Panachiba on 05-27-2007 at 11:49 PM

yeah!!! :P..

quote:
one XBox 360 Elite and 13 shirts

wow..good...

i still have chance of win the ps3 or wii or lcd..or sdhdiuqhu!!! exciting :P
by Menthix on 05-27-2007 at 11:49 PM

Any prizes for people notifying you about the error? :p
* Menthix runs off

by Voldemort on 05-27-2007 at 11:51 PM

yeah, i want my prize for trying hard to give you a phone call :<

* Voldemort runs

* Voldemort is joking :p

by MicroWay on 05-27-2007 at 11:51 PM

Cool Patchou!!! Good news!!!
Don't worry about the mistakes... It's a good contest!!! :)

by Chrono on 05-28-2007 at 12:18 AM

Patchou is certainly noob :O

by Voldemort on 05-28-2007 at 12:19 AM

yeah, but chrono sucks more than patchou's nubness

by Chrono on 05-28-2007 at 12:22 AM

btw, the counter here is stuck...

4,460 concursantes actualmente en línea  // Quedan 31 premios para esta semana (4460 conestants and31 prizes)

Why? :P

by Panachiba on 05-28-2007 at 12:25 AM

clean your cache..close all that and do it again :rolleyes:

:P..2,637 concursantes actualmente en línea  // Quedan 30 premios para esta semana

by Chrono on 05-28-2007 at 12:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Panachiba
clean your cache..close all that and do it again
yeah i know, i ws expecting someone to tell me which file to delete, i dont wanna do that AGAIN :dodgy:

* Chrono slaps patchou :D:D around a bit with a large trout.
by markee on 05-28-2007 at 02:33 AM

quote:
9 million clicks
That is like 18 times the amount of pixels that are there.... We all must be clicking the same ones :sad:
by Supersonicdarky on 05-28-2007 at 03:05 AM

lucky...

:sad:

* Supersonicdarky wants 360, lcd, tshirt, mug and mousepad
* Supersonicdarky is greedy (6)

by chompas on 05-28-2007 at 03:07 AM

Ok, tell me im sick, but im clicking in rows to click on every pixel until i get that lovely lcd monitor. :love:

by Bionic on 05-28-2007 at 07:05 AM

Cool news! :D

by vaccination on 05-28-2007 at 11:22 AM

So, like, is the picture specially designed to draw your brain to click in certain parts more than others?

I've noticed clicking in the same areas a lot.

by NanaFreak on 05-28-2007 at 11:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
So, like, is the picture specially designed to draw your brain to click in certain parts more than others?

I've noticed clicking in the same areas a lot.
ya, when i played (and when i play at random times) i clicked on the edges of things =\ like i would randomly move my mouse and it was on the edge =p
by Menthix on 05-28-2007 at 12:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
That is like 18 times the amount of pixels that are there.... We all must be clicking the same ones
Very true... a heatmap at the end of the contest that shows how much each pixel was clicked would be so cool hot :).
by sunny_man on 05-28-2007 at 12:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Very true... a heatmap at the end of the contest that shows how much each pixel was clicked would be so cool hot :).

That would be a sweet idea.
by ahmetgns on 05-28-2007 at 01:09 PM

I strongly recommend you to stay away from the middle part of the grid. I think many people hurry to click again without going far after clicking "Try Again..." so most of the pixels around that must be clicked. Don't you have any chance there, no I can't say that :P

RE: As if there was not enough prizes already&#8230; by saralk on 05-28-2007 at 01:52 PM

So if you win a t-shirt, can you no longer win any prizes at all?

by toddy on 05-28-2007 at 01:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
go read the rules

quote:
Prizes
Here is the complete list of prizes that will be made available during the contest:
     3 Xbox 360 Elite + 1 Xbox game of your choosing
     3 Nintendo Wii + 2 Wii games of your choosing + 1 additional Wii Remote and 1 additional Nunchuck control
     3 Playstation 3 60GB + 1 Playstation game of your choosing
     3 Wide Computer LCD Screen from Samsung, 20 inches wide, model 206BW
     30 Messenger Plus! shirt + Mug pack, special 6th anniversary edition
     90 Messenger Plus! shirt + Mousepad pack, special 6th anniversary edition

In addition, all winners will receive 2 special commemorative Anniversary Pins (mini button). Prizes cannot be exchanged for money and no substitution will be accepted. Each contestant can win a maximum of 1 prize in a given prize category. The categories are: video game system (first 3 in the list), LCD screen (4th in the list), Messenger Plus! merchandizing (last 2 in the list). A contestant will be considered unique based on either his/her MSN address or his/her mailing address.

by Felu on 05-28-2007 at 01:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
Read the rules :P
quote:
Can I win more than one prize?
Yes you can, however, you can only win 1 prize from each prize category. There are three of them: video game systems, LCD screens and Messenger Plus! merchandize. So, for example, if you win an Xbox 360, you can still win a Messenger Plus! shirt (we know that's the prize you really want) and a beautiful Samsung LCD Screen but not a Playstation 3 or a Nintendo Wii. In the event where you would win one prize of a given category but really wanted another prize of the same category (let's say you won a PS3 and wanted a Wii), it is always possible to contact us directly to request that your previous winning be canceled (not exchanged so think twice). Our email address can be found in the rules page.

by chompas on 05-28-2007 at 03:44 PM

Ok I played ALL the night while "worlking" keeping the company server up. I think I found something more addictive than playing online games BUT I didn't win anything.
* chompas runs crying
Now to sleep. But today at night I'll go for it again ¬¬'

by Dexter_prog on 05-28-2007 at 08:33 PM

Can anyone help me ? I can't see the grid, I can click (I random-click) but I can't see the image :(.

[Image: untitledwk0.th.jpg]

by Voldemort on 05-28-2007 at 08:36 PM

clear internet explorer's cache and retry :p

by Dexter_prog on 05-28-2007 at 08:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
clear internet explorer's cache and retry :p
I have already done that :S
by Voldemort on 05-28-2007 at 08:44 PM

clear the cookies now :p

by Dexter_prog on 05-28-2007 at 08:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
clear the cookies now :p
nope, nothing :(
by Lou on 05-28-2007 at 09:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dexter_prog
Can anyone help me ? I can't see the grid, I can click (I random-click) but I can't see the image :(.

[Image: untitledwk0.th.jpg]
That happened to me a few times, just close messenger and start it up again, it should fix the issue.
by Dexter_prog on 05-28-2007 at 09:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou

That happened to me a few times, just close messenger and start it up again, it should fix the issue.
No, it didn't. It seems my comp is cursed, haha.
by Patchou on 05-28-2007 at 11:07 PM

Server problem.. back online now :)

by sunny_man on 05-28-2007 at 11:28 PM

Not been able to connect for 10 minutes now fsr. Probably my end, but thought I'd let you know.

Edit: came back online. cheers.

RE: As if there was not enough prizes already&#8230; by syntaxcs on 05-28-2007 at 11:31 PM

Patchou,

First of all, great idea for a competition, I think it's pretty innovative that you've used the game as a way to advertise plus! :) - and also to give back to the community!

Secondly, a general 'human behaviour' question:

Are you keeping a log of where/when pixels were clicked? I'd be very interested in seeing the results after the competition has ended (I'm sure lots of others would be too), just to see how much the different parts of the image influenced where people clicked.

Maybe just a 'temperature map' sort of thing, with hotter colours showing where the highest number of clicks were?

Cheers

Martyn

by MicroWay on 05-28-2007 at 11:46 PM

Just saying that the Server is back (for me)...

by Patchou on 05-29-2007 at 12:30 AM

I'll try to produce a heat map at the end of each week yes :)

As for the server being offline: we're doing some more maintenance so bear with me :)

by s7a5 on 05-29-2007 at 12:31 AM

looks like all LCD screens have been won already! :)

by Voldemort on 05-29-2007 at 12:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by s7a5
looks like all LCD screens have been won already!
errr... how would you know :p

by s7a5 on 05-29-2007 at 12:35 AM

i no longer get messages that I can find an LCD screen!! :P

by Menthix on 05-29-2007 at 12:37 AM

quote:
I'll try to produce a heat map at the end of each week yes
Hot!! :p

quote:
Originally posted by s7a5
looks like all LCD screens have been won already!
There only is 1 LCD to be won this week, which isn't taken yet AFAIK. And there will still be new LCDs next week and the week after that.
by s7a5 on 05-29-2007 at 12:41 AM

ohh didnt know that! tx

by ahmetgns on 05-29-2007 at 02:44 AM

quote:
I'll try to produce a heat map at the end of each week yes :)
I think, the sides of the grid will be yellow. Lets rush to sides and make a beautiful, hottest frame!
quote:
Originally posted by andrey
I guess the wii's, ps3's, lcd's and xboxes will be clicked quite frequently too :p
Yeah, I've clicked a lot on the big LCD which have Plus!'s preferences window in it.
by Chrono on 05-29-2007 at 02:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
I think, the sides of the grid will be yellow. Lets rush to sides and make a beautiful, hottest frame!
well, obviously the most clicked part of the image will be the part around the 'try again' button :P. And i guess the top side has been clicked more times than the bottom side too, because of the position of the button.
RE: As if there was not enough prizes already&#8230; by andrey on 05-29-2007 at 02:52 AM

I guess the wii's, ps3's, lcd's and xboxes will be clicked quite frequently too :p

by Glint on 05-29-2007 at 09:23 PM

I think the whole image has been clicked :P

by Weirsy on 05-30-2007 at 01:45 AM

Great idea Patchou! Ive been a msg plus user since 1.5 i think it was and i'll never give it up :)

more than 500 thousand pixels and 9 million clicks with prizes still remaining!?!? thats unreal

anyone know was remains? or whether any game systems remain

by Chrono on 05-30-2007 at 01:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Weirsy
9 million clicks with prizes still remaining
where did you see that? :lol:

17 prizes left. See at the nbottom of the contest window
by Weirsy on 05-30-2007 at 01:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
9 million clicks with prizes still remaining
where did you see that? :lol:

17 prizes left. See at the nbottom of the contest window

quote:
more than 9 million clicks were made on the game grid for the first day of the contest.

And i see the 17 prizes remaining but as i click and click im still wondering if my 1 in 500,000 chance remains to own a PS3/Wii :)
by Chrono on 05-30-2007 at 02:34 AM

quote:
And i see the 17 prizes remaining but as i click and click im still wondering if my 1 in 500,000 chance remains to own a PS3/Wii :)
he means that 9 million clicks have been made on the grid by the users.
by robochief on 05-30-2007 at 03:47 AM

I also believe that on the bottom, most of the clicks should be on the left side, as most of the users are right-handed and it's more intuitive (comfortable) to move the pointer to the left rather then right.

by Weirsy on 05-30-2007 at 11:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
he means that 9 million clicks have been made on the grid by the users.

and im usually the guy bashin the noob for bad grammar haha.. but i missed a comma in my original post and i meant "9 million clicks, and yet 17 prizes still remain!"

But you have still been avoiding my question haha,

out of the 14 prizes remaining does anyone know whether either game system remains? As much as i'd love a t shirt there is a lot more motivation involved if a wii/ps3 remains :)
by vaccination on 05-31-2007 at 12:24 AM

I believe both may still be available.

Based on the fact that no one claims to have won these prizes nor has Patchou said they're gone

by Menthix on 06-01-2007 at 11:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
I believe both may still be available.
Xbox, Wii and LCD are gone for this week, PS3, shirts, mug and mousepads still there. (was all posted by Patchou somewhere)
by Felu on 06-02-2007 at 10:03 AM

Just 1 prize left for the week :O.

by Luigi on 06-02-2007 at 02:34 PM

First week gone and I didn't win anything.
Hoorray!
(the scrollwhell of my apple might mouse stopped working... Too many clicks? )

by robert_12394 on 06-02-2007 at 03:32 PM

no more prizes :( waiting for new ones :D great contest Patchou (H)