Shoutbox

AMD or Intel - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: AMD or Intel (/showthread.php?tid=74931)

AMD or Intel by insomniac on 05-31-2007 at 11:18 PM

AMD or Intel which of these would you choose???

RE: AMD or Intel by Snake on 06-01-2007 at 12:30 AM

I have always had a AMD processor. Well accept my P1.

RE: AMD or Intel by Jhrono on 06-01-2007 at 12:55 AM

AMD is no match for Intel currently.. Not even from a longshot..

RE: AMD or Intel by Verte on 06-01-2007 at 01:50 AM

I'd probably go AMD, just to keep them alive. A monopoly provider doesn't sound like much fun.

I have an 800 MHz thinkpad (intel) with 256 MB of ram and it is really quite quick for my purposes. I considered buying a computer recently but the incentive just isn't there, without the time to enjoy a big new GPU in particular, I may as well keep the money for something else. Have they got quad cores for laptops out yet? I might buy one when they get good.

RE: RE: AMD or Intel by sylar on 06-01-2007 at 05:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Verte
I'd probably go AMD, just to keep them alive. A monopoly provider doesn't sound like much fun.

I have an 800 MHz thinkpad (intel) with 256 MB of ram and it is really quite quick for my purposes. I considered buying a computer recently but the incentive just isn't there, without the time to enjoy a big new GPU in particular, I may as well keep the money for something else. Have they got quad cores for laptops out yet? I might buy one when they get good.

Sure, if you like battery lifespans of 15minutes.
RE: RE: RE: AMD or Intel by Verte on 06-01-2007 at 06:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sylar
quote:
Originally posted by Verte

Sure, if you like battery lifespans of 15minutes.

like this? Heh. As it is my battery is already pretty short lived, but it's nice to be able to pick up your computer and sit with it cross legged on the roof [with the obligatory beer or tea], dangling power cable or no.
RE: AMD or Intel by John Anderton on 06-01-2007 at 06:36 AM

Until AMD comes up with their new range of processors, they aren't even in the same galaxy as Intel. Conroe's whoop their ass :P

RE: AMD or Intel by joey on 06-01-2007 at 08:26 AM

AMD, all the way ftw!

RE: AMD or Intel by insomniac on 06-01-2007 at 11:12 AM

i think AMD are ok but intel are more elite it depends really of what you want to me AMD are ok but i still prefer Intel

RE: AMD or Intel by andrewdodd13 on 06-01-2007 at 11:14 AM

ATM Intel's Core 2 Duo/Quatro is miles ahead of AMDs current AMD X2 lineup. Once AMD's new Barcelona core processors are released, that may change - the Barca cores are supposed to blow the Quatro out the water.

ATM I'm sticking with my AMD since I can't afford to buy into new technology that could be obsolete within a year :(.

RE: AMD or Intel by insomniac on 06-01-2007 at 11:58 AM

anything will b out of date in a year but the thing with intel is that it jst keeps getting better im not worried about waiting a year or 2 you can still have a really good setup that will last a couple or years its really up to you if u wanna update or not depends if ya happy with what u got or not

RE: AMD or Intel by joey on 06-01-2007 at 12:04 PM

but AMD are a lot smaller, than intel, unfotunately, everytime they get a business opertunity, they fuck it up, and dont make enough like the deal with dell or something =p

RE: AMD or Intel by insomniac on 06-02-2007 at 08:36 AM

it doesnt really matter about size most pple are after performance it really is a personal preference tho some like them small and some like ones that can perform to their level of requirements!! then agen AMD are just a runoff of INtel becaucse Intel wanted to go their own way and pasically gave AMD the sak lmao!

RE: AMD or Intel by ryxdp on 06-02-2007 at 08:50 AM

I guess I'd vote Intel, as I am (hopefully) getting a Celeron D (2.66GHz) CPU off eBay. This one's going to take over my old AMD Athlon :D

RE: AMD or Intel by insomniac on 06-02-2007 at 09:02 AM

GOOD THATS THE WAY MY FRIEND LOL INTEL AL THE WAY

im quite happy wit my lil P4 but my next upgrade will be the dual core after they finalise the software etc  so i dont mind waiting

RE: AMD or Intel by Thor on 06-02-2007 at 09:11 AM

I'm going for AMD simply because of their new processor and ATI's new DirectX10-supportive card HD 2000.

(The processor can be read about here. (It's not supernew but bah))

RE: AMD or Intel by insomniac on 06-02-2007 at 09:17 AM

Sweet az then lol well until someone comes up with a good debate on this i still believe Intel dominate:argue::blah::banh:

RE: AMD or Intel by insomniac on 06-02-2007 at 12:49 PM

Intel are obviously more popular anyway until AMD have a major breakthrough they have alot of catching up to do!!!:zzz: