Shoutbox

Cannot get Msg plus live to load once installed....help please - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Cannot get Msg plus live to load once installed....help please (/showthread.php?tid=74942)

Cannot get Msg plus live to load once installed....help please by Little Angel on 06-01-2007 at 07:45 AM

I am running Vista Home Premium, live messenger 8.1.0178.00 with no patches installed.
I cannot get plus to work. It installs fine but get the "software not loaded" message under the plus menu. I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling until I am blue in the face to no avail. I do not have any smilies installed & have looked at the sticky threads & FAQ's.

I have even tried installing an older version of plus but get the same message, it used to work fine, can anyone help me out here?
TIA,
LA

RE: Cannot get Msg plus live to load once installed....help please by Oxy on 06-01-2007 at 07:57 AM

Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ

RE: Cannot get Msg plus live to load once installed....help please by MattyRid on 06-01-2007 at 08:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lukas
Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ

not going to help...

quote:
Originally posted by Little Angel
I do not have any smilies installed & have looked at the sticky threads & FAQ's.

Just a question:

What firewall and anti-virus programs are you using?
RE: Cannot get Msg plus live to load once installed....help please by Little Angel on 06-01-2007 at 08:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
[

Just a question:

What firewall and anti-virus programs are you using?

AVG Antivirus & firewll.

No problems with these before & had it turned off during install.

LA

RE: Cannot get Msg plus live to load once installed....help please by MattyRid on 06-01-2007 at 08:27 AM

OK can you go to "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\" and check msimg32.dll is there.

RE: Cannot get Msg plus live to load once installed....help please by Little Angel on 06-01-2007 at 08:35 AM

Yes it is there...

LA

RE: Cannot get Msg plus live to load once installed....help please by MattyRid on 06-01-2007 at 09:05 AM

does your account have administrator rights? without that it can cause problems.

RE: Cannot get Msg plus live to load once installed....help please by Little Angel on 06-01-2007 at 09:16 AM

Yes only one account on computer & it is admin account.

LA

RE: Cannot get Msg plus live to load once installed....help please by MattyRid on 06-01-2007 at 10:41 AM

If you install it in safe mode and then restart it in normal mode, does it do the same thing?

RE: Cannot get Msg plus live to load once installed....help please by Little Angel on 06-01-2007 at 12:13 PM

Installled in safe mode but still get same message.

LA

RE: Cannot get Msg plus live to load once installed....help please by Little Angel on 06-02-2007 at 01:06 PM

^^ Bump^^.
Anyone help em get this working again?
TIA,
LA

RE: Cannot get Msg plus live to load once installed....help please by lyleuk on 06-06-2007 at 10:14 AM

I'm also running Vista and are having the same issues as "Little Angel".

RE: Cannot get Msg plus live to load once installed....help please by ChrisP12934 on 06-07-2007 at 02:38 AM

I am running Windows XP Pro and am having the same issue.  I have had it for about the 3 or 4 upgrades of Plus!

No issues during installation, but extension will not load.

RE: Cannot get Msg plus live to load once installed....help please by lyleuk on 06-07-2007 at 04:00 AM

Same here, I've been without Plus! for so long and have tried so many things, I'm waiting for a version that magically just installs and works.

My previous thread that came to a dead end for this problem:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=74043